D-Link DIR-615

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 29, 30, 31  Next
Siniy
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 7:28    Post subject: Re: DIR-615 Rev. E and TX Power Reply with quote
minhneo wrote:
Siniy wrote:
mkaz wrote:

A wirelessly connected system in a static location seems to have less signal strength and speed after the installation of DD-WRT.

Here is my WIFI settings. I get 5megabytes/sec with my intel 5965agn in N mode.
http://floomby.ru/content/8CfMcLRvO0/full/

Wireless Security?

Disabled Rolling Eyes
Sponsor
melodic
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 14:04    Post subject: Reply with quote
How can I increase WiFi TX power on 615c2?
I try to setup different country and different TX power value but in status page I saw 19 dBm maximum.
minhneo
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 3:50    Post subject: Re: DIR-615 Rev. E and TX Power Reply with quote
Siniy wrote:
minhneo wrote:
Siniy wrote:
mkaz wrote:

A wirelessly connected system in a static location seems to have less signal strength and speed after the installation of DD-WRT.

Here is my WIFI settings. I get 5megabytes/sec with my intel 5965agn in N mode.
http://floomby.ru/content/8CfMcLRvO0/full/

Wireless Security?

Disabled Rolling Eyes

Supporter said Wireless Security is WPA2/AES to 300Mbps. What's right? I need security. Sorry I'm Viet Nam, I speak English not good!
Gorf
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 3:54    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hey,

I have been playing with the maximum port settings to get utorrent working properly without thrashing my internet/games/voip. I was wondering what success people had at doing this, only way I have found so far seems to limit bittorrent traffic greatly. I setup QoS and set BT(bittorrent) to Bulk. Also in my speed tests I seem to be getting very crappy upload speeds (ie DL 7MB Upload .3MB (should be closer to 2-3MB)

Currently I have the following settings
Maximum Port -> 1024
TCP Timeout -> 600
UPD Timeout - 120

Version ->

DD-WRT v24-sp2 (08/07/10) std
(SVN revision 14896)

Thanks in advance.
Gorf
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 17:13    Post subject: Reply with quote
Is it worth me flashing to most recent to see if that will resolve?

I was trying to see if I could find any type of formula based on router ram/connection speed for port settings, but no avail yet.

ftp://dd-wrt.com/others/eko/BrainSlayer-V24-preSP2/10-12-10-r15437/dlink-dir615e1/

Thanks
Rainz3
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 21:42    Post subject: Reply with quote
I just flashed to the latest build earlier today and everything went smoothly but when I try and transfer any files from one desktop to another I am only getting 1MB/s transfers. This seems extremely low to me. Any advice on fixing the issue?

Current setup is

DIR-615 C1
Wireless Mode N only
Channel Width Turbo(40mhz)
Channel 11
Control Channel Lower
WPA2 AES

Under STATUS --> Wireless it shows TX Power of 13 and that doesn't change no matter what I try to set it to and rate of 75MB/s though thats higher than usually as it has been at or around 30 all day

first pc
DWA-552 latest driver
Win 7 x64

Second PC
TEW-623PI latest driver
Win 7 X64

Thanks for the help in advance
makar0ny
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 0:20    Post subject: Reply with quote
Edited http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Useful_Scripts#GPIO_Button_Wifi_Toggle_D-Link_DIR-615_Rev_C2

Code:

#!/bin/sh

# GPIO Button Wi-Fi Toggle D-Link DIR-615 Rev C2
# 20101024

# LED constants
POWER_ORANGE_LED=1
POWER_GREEN_LED=14
INTERNET_ORANGE_LED=15
INTERNET_GREEN_LED=5
SIDE_LED=3

# Set the LED to turn on/off
GPIO=$SIDE_LED

# Set whether to enable/disable wireless on start
disableWiFiOnStart=0

# Enable Power LED on start
/sbin/gpio disable $POWER_GREEN_LED

# Disable wireless on start accorindg to disableWiFiOnStart setting
if [ $disableWiFiOnStart == 1 ];then
   logger -s -p local0.notice -t WirelessToggle "Turning off wireless on start"
   /sbin/ifconfig ath0 down
   /sbin/gpio enable $GPIO
else
   logger -s -p local0.notice -t WirelessToggle "Turning on wireless on start"
   /sbin/gpio disable $GPIO
fi

# Generate SESButton script and make it executable
logger -s -p local0.notice -t WirelessToggle "Generating SESButton script"
mkdir /tmp/etc/config/
echo "if [ \`ifconfig | grep ath0\` == "" ]; then
   logger -s -p local0.notice -t WirelessToggle \"Current wireless status: Off, Turning wireless on...\"
   /sbin/ifconfig ath0 up
   /sbin/gpio disable $GPIO
else
   logger -s -p local0.notice -t WirelessToggle \"Current wireless status: On, Turning wireless off...\"
   /sbin/ifconfig ath0 down
   /sbin/gpio enable $GPIO
fi" > /tmp/etc/config/wifi_toggle.sesbutton
chmod +x /tmp/etc/config/wifi_toggle.sesbutton
logger -s -p local0.notice -t WirelessToggle "SESButton script generated and ready for use"
makar0ny
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 0:46    Post subject: Reply with quote
Option "Services > Services > SES / AOSS / EZ-SETUP / WPS Button", should work on this router?

D-Link Dir-615 C2
mikieh86284
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 16:32    Post subject: DIR-615 A1 Reply with quote
I have searched forwards and backwards though this forum and cant find anywhere if the A1 rev is supported or not. and if it is if someone could point me in the right direction of instructions on how to achieve dd-wrt on this rev that would be great
sovanyio
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 19:10    Post subject: Reply with quote
I've just flashed over from the stock firmware. can I flash on the vpn build?
Alef
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 15:36    Post subject: DIR-615 E4 as Repeater Bridge Reply with quote
Hello.

I have several problems with my Dlink DIR-615 now.
I've successfully flashed it with dd-wrt firmware I found at Router Database. For my E4 there was only firmware for E1, so I used it.
Then I found out that there is no "Repeater Bridge" setting in this firmware - I flashed my router just because I wanted to extend my networks`s range.
Then I read a lot of things on this forum and found some hidden firmwares made special for my E4 version.

The problem is that now I can't use this special firmware - I tried to flash it both via web interface and via tftp (extremely many times with tftp). And failed.
So here are some questions:
Why can it be that way - why can't I flash it with "hidden" firmware?
Would this "hidden" firmware enable "Repeater Bridge" option?
How can I flash my router with original firmware (I have a bin file but can't flash it both in web interface and tftp too).

Thanking you in anticipation for your answer.

P.S.: btw I flashed successfully my DIR-320 and extended network's range once already. It's really a pity to have such trouble with DIR-615.

--
Some news: I've just updated a firmware to DD-WRT v24-sp2 (10/26/10) std - build 15506 which is made especially for my D-Link DIR-615-E4 (router model admin interface is "D-Link DIR-615-E3/E4"). I made some manipulations with .bin file in Neo hex editor (added last few digits from firmware "original-to-ddwrt" for E1). Then uploaded patched file with web interface. It still hasn't Repeater Bridge in settings. Client Bridge seems to be useless for network's range extension.

Does anyone has some information about support of Repeater Bridge by DIR-615 in future? Is there any way I can help to implement that feature?
dooceswild
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2010 22:41    Post subject: Mine won't even install. Reply with quote
I tried using the file posted in this thread, and my DIR 615 C1 tells me that the firmware file is incorrect. What am I doing wrong? I'm using a wired connection, I have version 3.12NA right now. The file I downloaded from this thread is exactly the same as the one from the compatibility page, and I tried them both anyway, from both IE and Firefox in Windows 7.
monkey243
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 7:03    Post subject: Reply with quote
Is there any guy have DIR-615L? See the box, just 615, no L. hard ware version F3.
Any chance to flash DD-WRT?
Drogan
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 8:59    Post subject: DIR-615 A1 Reply with quote
For those asking about the DIR-615 A1, see here:

http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=421785

The Marvell chipset is not supported.
vukas
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 23:29    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hi !
I have problem with dir-615 ver: D4.
I flashed it.
But I can´t enter the settings of dd-wrt firmware on 192.168.1.1
This is how did I flashed it:
I did 30/30/30 reset, then upload new firmware on 192.168.0.1(I set the IP to static 192.168.0.2).
After that I connected router dir-615 and modem.
Then I changed to obtain IP address automatically.
And then I can connect to internet, but wireless don´t work and I can´t enter the router dd-wrt settings.
After I reconnect the power cable(switch off/on) I can´t connect to internet, but wireless works.

Does anybody know what is the problem ?

Thanks in advance and don´t be angry if I posted in wrong topic.

Sorry for bad english !
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 29, 30, 31  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 17 of 31
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: