D-Link DIR-615

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 29, 30, 31  Next
kmical
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 6:45    Post subject: Problems with wireless bridge mode? Reply with quote
I'm running a DIR-615C1 flashed to the latest DD-WRT firmware. I've followed the guides to use the 615 as a wireless bridge to my TP-Link TL-1043ND. I've got a laptop hooked up to the 615 for testing/comfiguration.

My T-Link (main router) has an IP of 192.168.0.1
The DIR-615 is set with an IP of 192.168.0.2
The T-link has a static IP reserved for the 615's IP and MAC address.

If I have my laptop wired connection set to DHCP, I do not have Internet access when connected via ethernet to the 615. I CAN access the 615 at 192.168.0.2. I can see the T-Link router as an AP in the Wireless Status window from the 615, and can join the network.

However, an IPCONFIG shows that the laptop still lacks an 192.168.0.x IP address ... and cannot get to the Internet or ping 192.168.0.1

Ideas?
Sponsor
lexxai
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 6:57    Post subject: Re: Problems with wireless bridge mode? Reply with quote
kmical wrote:

My T-Link (main router) has an IP of 192.168.0.1
The DIR-615 is set with an IP of 192.168.0.2
The T-link has a static IP reserved for the 615's IP and MAC address.

some time ago I have some like this configuration, except T-Link role was replaced by Windows 7 with ICS.

Did you 615 connect via WAN interface to main router?
For you may use 2 way for routes:
1. Stay active DHCP server only at main router
2. Stay active DHCP server only at 615 with DHCP option "3=192.168.0.1"

Need don't use WAN port at 615, connect via lan(615)-lan(TPlink), and WiFi will to be bridged to br-lan.
Jeffus
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 13:15    Post subject: A Happy Customer... Reply with quote
Just installed DD-WRT on a DIR-615 ver C2 and set up as a client bridge using the tutorial. Works like a dream. The only problem was a first upload/flash where the D-Link software would not accept the DD-WRT image. In the end sorted it out by editing the image as described in the DIR-615 guide, still could not upload from Linux firefox and chromium, tried the 01 addition before the string at the end of the image, still no go, until I ran my emergency Windows XP copy under Virtualbox. The upload went smoothly using IE.

Thanks Guys!

Laughing
Edtek
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 22:53    Post subject: Reply with quote
robertw477 wrote:
Now that I got things working on the dlink 615 cant somebody point me to the settings that I should enter into the router for better performance etc. Now that I have it what next. Am I missing something?

Rob

I would like to know as well if there are optimal settings I should be applying?

Is everything at defaults good or no?
jabetcha
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 0:30    Post subject: Reply with quote
Edtek wrote:
I would like to know as well if there are optimal settings I should be applying?

Is everything at defaults good or no?

I have gotten the best performance with:

TX Power 20 dBm
Protection Mode CTS
RTS Threshhold Disable
Channel Width 40 MHz
RX/TX Antenna Chains 1+3
Sensitivity Range 1200
kobik
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2010 12:46    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hi Guys,
I flashed DD-WRT version 14594 but I can't get WLAN commands to work in telnet.
For example:
Code:
wl-atheros radio
wl-atheros --help

Returns nothing.
Can this be confirmed with other users here?
wishvak
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2010 13:08    Post subject: DIR 615 D2 ON DD WRT Reply with quote
Hi all,

I am a newbie to this forum and DD WRT.

Extremely sorry if i am violating any rules.

My concern is that I have flashed DD WRT on my DIR 615 D2.but when i plugged it to my ADSL modem/router via lan cable - D link DSL-2640T(with d link firmware) the internet (world like icon) on DIR 615D2 become Orange....so I am unable to get my internet via DIR 615.

I did 30/30/30 and reboot also.....I have very little knowledge about networking........

Please help me to rectify this

Thanks in advance
wishvak
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2010 13:10    Post subject: D link DIR 615 D2 on DD WRT Reply with quote
Hi all,

My concern is that I have flashed DD WRT on my DIR 615 D2.but when i plugged it to my ADSL modem/router via lan cable - D link DSL-2640T(with d link firmware) the internet (world like icon) on DIR 615D2 become Orange....so I am unable to get my internet via DIR 615.

I did 30/30/30 and reboot also.....I have very little knowledge about networking........

Thanks in advance
Edtek
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2010 21:22    Post subject: Re: D link DIR 615 D2 on DD WRT Reply with quote
wishvak wrote:
Hi all,

Thanks in advance

I am having the same issue.

When connecting my modem to the router, I am unable to get an IP address, yet when I revert to the stock firmware, it attains one instantly.

Anyone know what could be the problem?
kobik
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2010 20:37    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hey guys,
For whomever interested I added a WiFi toggle script for DIR-615 Rev C2.
I believe it should work on Rev C1 too.

http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Useful_Scripts#GPIO_Button_Wifi_Toggle_D-Link_DIR-615_Rev_C2

Code:
#!/bin/sh
# LED constants
SIDE_LED=3
POWER_GREEN_LED=16
POWER_ORANGE_LED=1   
WAN_GREEN_LED=4
WAN_ORANGE_LED=15

# Set the LED to turn on/off
GPIO=$SIDE_LED
# Set whether to enable wireless on start
disableWifiOnStart=1

# Disable wireless on start accorindg to disableWifiOnStart setting
if [ $disableWifiOnStart == 1 ];then
   logger -s -p local0.notice -t WirelessToggle "Turning off wireless on start"
   /sbin/ifconfig ath0 down
   /sbin/gpio enable $GPIO
fi

# Generate SESButton script and make it executable
logger -s -p local0.notice -t WirelessToggle "Generating SESButton script"
mkdir /tmp/etc/config/
echo "if [ \`ifconfig | grep ath0\` == "" ]; then
   logger -s -p local0.notice -t WirelessToggle \"Current wireless status: Off, Turning wireless on...\"
   /sbin/ifconfig ath0 up
   /sbin/gpio disable $GPIO
else
   logger -s -p local0.notice -t WirelessToggle \"Current wireless status: On, Turning wireless off...\"
   /sbin/ifconfig ath0 down
   /sbin/gpio enable $GPIO
fi
" > /tmp/etc/config/wifi_toggle.sesbutton
chmod +x /tmp/etc/config/wifi_toggle.sesbutton
logger -s -p local0.notice -t WirelessToggle "SESButton script generated and ready for use"
zoharby
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2010 20:48    Post subject: QOS on DIR-615-C1 Reply with quote
Posted a new topic on QOS problems with the DIR-615-C1 here:
http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=76823

But got no replies...

Anyone else experiencing problems with QOS?
taurius1
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 18:53    Post subject: Re: D link DIR 615 D2 on DD WRT Reply with quote
Edtek wrote:

I am having the same issue.

When connecting my modem to the router, I am unable to get an IP address, yet when I revert to the stock firmware, it attains one instantly.

Anyone know what could be the problem?

Same story here. I'm running a DIR 615 C2 with the firmware listed on the wiki installation page. Confused
Can't get an ip from my modem via DHCP. Sad
I'm still looking for a solution, though.
laotzu
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 2:42    Post subject: 802.11n not working Reply with quote
Hi all
Installed v24sp2 for the first time today on my DIR-615 C1. Install was a breeze after prepending the 00 with hex editor.

But now I noticed that my previously functioning 802.11n connections have dropped down to 802.11g connection speeds.

Previously with stock firmware, the connection was consistently 802.11n. I tried setting the mode to Mixed G/N and N-only. In N-only mode the 802.11n client can't connect at all.

Is there some config setting that works or is this a bug?

Thanks in advance
teddybw
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2010 2:47    Post subject: Any suggestion under Linux? Reply with quote
Hi all,

I have a Dlink 615 C1(NA) and I have similar problem as Teny. I've tried basically all the ways in this thread, including changing the Produck ID to match the DLink firmware and under regular/emergence interfaces. Everytime I try, the status column in Firefox always shows "Sending requests to 192.168.0.1..." and no progress shows up at all. It appears it could not flash the firmware at all, since I could get back to normal Dlink 3.10 Firmware after unsuccesful attempts while the Dlink firmware is reset to factory default (no admin password, no wireless security, etc.).

I am using Linux exclusively, so no Windows backup whatsoever. I tried to flash it under Arch Linux, as well as the popular Ubuntu.

Any ideas? Did anybody try to flash the firmware under Linux?

Teny wrote:
Hey, I've been following the guide posted at -> http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/DIR-615C

And I've run into a few problems.

I have a DIR-615 C1 Router, the firmware is at 3.10, but I can't update the firmware.

Every time I try to upload it gives me that error message, "The firmware may be incorrect or corrupt, or the device might be busy. Gateway will not be programmed" <- That message.

I'm using Firefox, I've followed all the guides, I can't even upload previous firmwares to attempt to flash using those, any ideas how to resolve this issue?
Soundy106
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2010 4:14    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hey all... first post here, greetings!

So I have a question... I got my 615C2 flashed and working (had to add the '00' to the front of the identifier string for the router to accept it), and managed to get it set up to work as a "client bridge", so machines in my workshop downstairs can hang off the DIR-655's wireless feed from upstairs. Pretty slick!

BUT... I can't figure out how, if it's even possible, for the client machines to pull an IP from the 655's DHCP server. They work if I hardcode IPs on them, but it would be great if they could use the DHCP.

And this has probably been covered elsewhere, but as long as I'm here... can this work as a "client bridge" on the LAN ports, AND as a repeater? Not that I need it in this instance, but just curious...

Thanks, guys... and thanks to the developers for all their hard work!

Edit: oh, one other thing... I read a few pages back that this WON'T work with the B2 hardware, but what about B1?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 29, 30, 31  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 15 of 31
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: