Bricked my RT-16N router?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
kaliayev
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2011 6:06    Post subject: Bricked my RT-16N router? Reply with quote
Ok. So the wifi signal for my router on DD-WRT firmware was not so good. I decided to go for TomatoUSB just now…

1. Factory reset in DD-WRT gui
2. Went into DD-WRT and uploaded current TomatoUSB fw file
3. Waited for it to finish
4. Press continue
5. Greeted with 192.168.1.1/index.html page only to see "page is not found"
6. Did 30/30/30 reset, no help

What can I do? =(

Edit: Oh shoot. I also remembered that I forgot to disconnect the WAN to LAN cable which was connected to my primary router. This could have been the major cause of the problem.
I'm getting a 169.x.x.x
Sponsor
GeeTek
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2011 6:30    Post subject: Reply with quote
If you hear any slapping sounds cumming from the next room, that would be me.... Twisted Evil
http://69.175.13.131:8015 Streaming Week-End Disco. Station Ripper V 1.1 will do.
kaliayev
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2011 6:36    Post subject: Reply with quote
GeeTek wrote:
If you hear any slapping sounds cumming from the next room, that would be me.... Twisted Evil

Thanks for acknowledged my presence as fresh meat.
GeeTek
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2011 6:50    Post subject: Reply with quote
Yer welcome. Tomato and it's forks actually has some very god defying flavor if seasoned properly. If I hadn't been banned from so many Tomato related forums I might have been ready to salt your green wormy question a bit further. So many AssHoles, so Little Router time ....
http://69.175.13.131:8015 Streaming Week-End Disco. Station Ripper V 1.1 will do.
Murrkf
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2011 15:07    Post subject: Reply with quote
Please, as always, start with the peacock announcement, note 6. Try a hard reset on your router followed by a power cycle.
LOM: "If you show that you have not bothered to read the forum announcements or to follow the advices in them then the level of help available for you will drop substantially, also known as Murrkf's law.."
CTXSi
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2011 19:26    Post subject: Reply with quote
The RT-N16 is pretty hard to brick. If Murrkf's suggestion doesn't work then you can always try putting the router in to recovery mode and flashing a new firmware (stock Asus, DD-WRT, or TomatoUSB) via the Asus firmware restoration tool. I know this is probably heresy to say on a DD-WRT forum but I run TomatoUSB on my RT-N16 and its been great (to be fair, I run DD-WRT on my WHR-G125 and RT-N13U B1).
kaliayev
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2011 21:52    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thanks for all your replies!

I'm trying to use the ASUS recovery utility and I'm following this guide (http://tomatousb.org/tut:installing-on-asus-rt-n16). I'm at step 5, using the restore application to flash the official Asus firmware… and I'm sure I set up everything right, but it says "No wireless device in recovery mode is found" in the application. The router is blinking as it should in restore mode and I configured the IP/TCP as mentioned in the guide.
kaliayev
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2011 22:10    Post subject: Reply with quote
Never mind, got past step 5 by disabling my wifi adapter. (Both physically and in Windows)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: