Micro Plus is now possible on V8.0 and V8.2 units

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
ygor.almeida
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 1:57    Post subject: Reply with quote
WoW ...

I'm now running 24sp1 Micro on my 8.2 WRT54G.

What changes if i switch to this version ? Any improves from 24sp1micro build ?

... I'm must say i didn't get i mean didn't understand a thing on this post, i just noticed you guys compacted 256 CFE into 128 .. but what changes ... or what i will notice running this !?
Sponsor
redhawk0
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 3:03    Post subject: Reply with quote
The only difference from the micro to micro+ is that you now have a better set of linux command line commands....ls and top just to name a few.

The Micro and Micro plus are identical except for the command sets. Micro+ will have the same command line commands available as the mini_generic build.

The compressor just takes your normal 256K CFE and compresses it to 128K CFE so this micro+ build can load.

Yes...This version the svn10108 has about a hundred changes made to it. It is an improved version over the released SP1 build. (svn10011)

To see all the changes since SP1 check here.
http://svn.dd-wrt.com:8000/dd-wrt/timeline

redhawk

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 2:45    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hi. I have a WRT54G v8.2 unity. If I install this micro+ version on my router I will be able to use ssh on it or just telnet with more command options ? Thanks.
Murrkf
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 2:53    Post subject: Reply with quote
See redhawks sticky on this, above. I don't believe you get a SSH option with a standard micro plus..just some busybox commands through telnet. However there is now a micro plus _ ssh build that has sash as part of it.

Last edited by Murrkf on Wed Aug 05, 2015 12:38; edited 1 time in total
soulstace
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 16:18    Post subject: Reply with quote
that's right still no SSH but telnet shell is a lot more functional now.

See http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Micro-plus
be.cool
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2008 18:03    Post subject: Reply with quote
Is there any way to install ssh? Even if some functionalities were removed ? How can i do this? Building from svn ? Thanks.
soulstace
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2008 20:00    Post subject: Reply with quote
it's possible, but I've never attempted it myself.

The best way would be to compile your own version from source code, removing things you don't need to make room for SSH. Another way might be to run SSH directly from RAM. For example wget all the required binaries, libraries, etc into /tmp/ then run the daemon from there.

Maybe if you were to ask one of the developers, they could put together an SSH micro build for you.
bbsc
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 17:33    Post subject: Reply with quote
Can confirm micro-plus on Asus WL-520gC.
CFE 128 kb.
Thanks Smile
Now it looks like real Linux.
shinji257
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 20:10    Post subject: Reply with quote
I just did this myself and it worked fine. I wanted that full set from the mini code. This will be useful because I will need to setup a few theft tracking things in the router.
jb510
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 20:05    Post subject: Reply with quote
Is there any other advantage to compressing the CFE? Specifically would it help performance? My wrt54g v8 is constantly locking up due to too many ports open (P2P). I'm working reducing the timeout values and maximum number of ports, but curious of the 128KB of JFFS would affect that at all? I may do it just to be able to run TOP, but curious if the compressed CFE with micro (not micro+) might help performance a bit?
ThorNorthWest
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 0:27    Post subject: MicroPlus on WRT54g Reply with quote
Is the Micro Plus still available? The link on this thread to download is "not found". I'm trying to set up a WRT54g as a Bridge using DD-WRT and it's mode to extend the network.
Peabody
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 0:40    Post subject: Reply with quote
You can find micro plus builds in the 12548 (recommended build) through the link to eko builds in note 3 of the peacock announcement. Pick the 12548 folder.

I take it you have a v.8 or v.8.2 of the wrt54g? You don't need micro plus to set up a repeater bridge.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 4:48    Post subject: Bridge is Running Reply with quote
Thank you for the reply... after digging through lots of the info, figured out that I did not need the Plus.. and loaded the Micro, fun (not).. but it works (Yipee).
MrZimm
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2010 15:53    Post subject: SSH Micro Plus Reply with quote
Hi great info but now more confused...
I have a Linksys WRT54Gv8, running DD-WRT v24-sp2 (01/16/10) micro - build 1363. Was just about to update to the micro...

Basically I found out that I don't have SSH.

Could a Guru please help me out Smile so very much appreciated!!
MrZimm
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2010 16:19    Post subject: micro-plus with ssh. link. Reply with quote
I was looking for the dd-wrt.v24-10654_NEWD_micro-plus_ssh.bin couldn't find the version in this post but found what looks like a thread for the recent ones. Thought I post it here might find it helpful for some one in the future. I haven't tested it but will shortly.

http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=40011
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 2 of 3
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: