Cannot enter redboot after restoring the original firmware

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
liort
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 16:54    Post subject: Cannot enter redboot after restoring the original firmware Reply with quote
Hello guys,

I have DIR-300, revision A1. Last year I tried dd-wrt v24 SP1 but it didn't work well so I flashed back the original firmware using the following tutorial:

http://www.shadowandy.net/2007/10/flashing-dir-300-back-to-original-firmware.htm

Everyting went fine and I was able to use the router for several months normally. One day it just stopped working and after examination I realized that it's unable to acquire the IP address from the ISP's DHCP server. Just keep trying all the time without success.

So I decided to try the latest version of dd-wrt - I read that it's working good now on DIR-300. But I'm unable to get to the redboot prompt anymore. I configured my PC with IP: 192.168.20.81/255.255.255.0, then plugged in the cable into router's WAN port, rebooted and tried to telnet to 192.168.20.80:9000 - several times without success. Tried also the LAN port, but nothing happens. Even when I reboot the rooter and issue the following command in DOS prompt:

pint -t 192.168.20.80

It never gets response - and I remember it did before, for a second or two, exactly as described in the manuals.

Could it be a hardware problem in my router or I'm doing something wrong? I read that you can never restore the original boot loader, probably the changed one has different way to access the redboot prompt?

Thanks in advance,
Vladimir
Sponsor
Sash
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 21:25    Post subject: Reply with quote
sorry u have to as shadowandy...we wont give support on 3rd party stuff....as u can read in the FORUM RULES
&
RTFM/STFW
&
Throw some buzzwords into the WIKI search Exclamation

Location: Galati - RO / Kishinev - MD / Geneva - CH / Tarragona - E

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 21:03    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hi have a look here

I think it might help you in any way.

Have fun. Michel

All Senao EOC-2610 V1.10 Std 15362 BS
1x UBNT Bullet 2 - RP 18dB Panel - 11Mbps - 13Km link
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: