TNG build 10108

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
switch
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 22:39    Post subject: Reply with quote
This build is working fine on an Asus WL-500g Premium v1. I'm using it for PPPoE, WPA, WPA2, DHCP, DNS relay, 2x VPN server, file server w/ Samba&http, print sharing for 2 printers, MRTG and some other minor tasks.
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 23:18    Post subject: Reply with quote
switch wrote:
This build is working fine on an Asus WL-500g Premium v1. I'm using it for PPPoE, WPA, WPA2, DHCP, DNS relay, 2x VPN server, file server w/ Samba&http, print sharing for 2 printers, MRTG and some other minor tasks.

To make samba working, did you nead extra software on router?
agaver
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 1:31    Post subject: Reply with quote
Since this version TNG build 10108 has TCP Vegas enabled.. do we need to use QOS settings still or it does not matter?
Thanks.
Carlito83
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 1:45    Post subject: Reply with quote
switch wrote:

I've been trying for months to make Samba work on a WL-500W. I got it to work a printer server thought. I would like a little help with did as the wiki is not very helpful in this topics. Thanks.
dellsweig
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 12:21    Post subject: Reply with quote
agaver wrote:
Since this version TNG build 10108 has TCP Vegas enabled.. do we need to use QOS settings still or it does not matter?
Thanks.

Along that line - would even having standard DD-WRT QoS enabled cause problems with TCP_Vegas??

In addition, I have bandwidth throttleing (up and down) defined using the WRT Script Generator IP tables scripts - will this cause conflick/issues with Vegas??
redhawk0
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 13:01    Post subject: Reply with quote
There are reports in other threads that TCP_Vegas and QoS will work together.

I personally, don't use QoS any longer. I have no need for it...now that Vegas handles packet control. I no longer enable TCP_Vegas in the firewall. It is working correctly by default in 10108.

redhawk

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 14:04    Post subject: Reply with quote
malmo wrote:
switch wrote:

To make samba working, did you nead extra software on router?

Yes, you need to install optware. See the wiki for details.

Quote:
I've been trying for months to make Samba work on a WL-500W. I got it to work a printer server thought. I would like a little help with did as the wiki is not very helpful in this topics. Thanks.

All I did was follow the Wiki... As long as you're trying to get samba2 to work, you should be fine.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 14:40    Post subject: Reply with quote
Two quick questions:

Does this update work on the WRT160N?

and

Is this update going to replace the current set found in the download sections or its still considered beta?

Thank you!
-Kamika007z
Ghostrider
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 17:04    Post subject: Reply with quote
I'm testing this build and it looks to have fixed all the previous bugs i had found and also works really well, however!!!, i cant seem to block p2p. Let me explain. if i use the access restrictions to block all p2p and select clients using either mac, ip or ip range it will block p2p, it works i hear you say... Confused but then i enable UPnP and the filter access restrictions go to hell in a handbasket. The deny all access rule by time still works though.
So my question is.... can i not have access restrictions and UPnP enabled at the same time cos it seems to me that UPnP just overides the restrictions, shouldn't that be the other way round..?
switch
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 21:39    Post subject: Reply with quote
P2P traffic cannot be blocked. The reason for that is protocol encryption, which prevents the P2P traffic from being detected.

Another reason is probably UPnP, which allows any host on the LAN to forward a random port to itself, thereby bypassing filters. To get around this, you'd have to prevent UPnP from certain hosts by using manual iptables rules.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 22:06    Post subject: Reply with quote
switch wrote:
P2P traffic cannot be blocked. The reason for that is protocol encryption, which prevents the P2P traffic from being detected.

Another reason is probably UPnP, which allows any host on the LAN to forward a random port to itself, thereby bypassing filters. To get around this, you'd have to prevent UPnP from certain hosts by using manual iptables rules.

I know this seems like a silly question but if P2P cannot be stopped then why have it as an option? secondly, i understand UPnP but why can't it check access restrictions before applying UPnP forwarding?
switch
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 22:40    Post subject: Reply with quote
1. P2P protocol encryption is not mandatory (only some people use it). It appeared as a result of the kind of P2P blocking you're trying to achieve.

2. UPnP basically creates a port forward rule. Not sure that traffic is checked by the filters. It theoretically shouldn't be.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 3:26    Post subject: Reply with quote
So does anyone know if this firmware will work with WRT160N?

Many thanks!
jmh9072
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 3:39    Post subject: Reply with quote
Kamika007z wrote:
So does anyone know if this firmware will work with WRT160N?

Many thanks!

Yes, this, and all future releases (barring unforeseen problems) will be compatible with the WRT160N. Also, these are not beta builds; they are bugfix builds.

Se7en is Darker...
simkiss
Donator

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 3:45    Post subject: Re: TNG build 10108 Reply with quote
soulstace wrote:
<snip>

WARNING! DO NOT flash NEWD builds on Broadcom 4702/4710 units (eg. WRT54G v1)! Those routers require VINT builds which are currently work in progress.

Hey Soul:

How long until we get the VINT builds ?

jas3

~Linksys WRT54Gv6~ DD-WRT v24-sp2 (10/10/09) micro (SVN revision 13064)

~ASUS WL-500G Premium~ DD-WRT v24-sp2 (12/07/09) big (SVN revision 13401M NEWD Eko)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 3 of 5
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: