WRT610N

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 142, 143, 144, 145, 146  Next
Author Message
buddee
DD-WRT Guru


Joined: 06 Feb 2010
Posts: 7401
Location: Little Rock

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2010 1:09    Post subject: Reply with quote
Scottd9000 wrote:
Got my 610N V2 all set up with the latest DD-WRT ( DD-WRT v24-sp2 (11/21/10) big) and love it. However, I am not able to get over 144 Mbps on my netbook with a Intel 5300 dual band Wifi card. I am attempting to set up the 5Ghz band as N only (using WPA2/AES) but it seems to cap at 144. Any ideas?


Updated drivers for the adapter? Also, are you running this in mixed mode on the 2.4 side? Also try set your width to 40 instead of 20

_________________
Wireless N Config | Linking Routers | DD-WRT Wiki | DD-WRT Builds | Peacock - Broadcom FAQ

Having problems with port forwarding? Check out Port Forward Troubleshooting for more info.
Sponsor
Scottd9000
DD-WRT Novice


Joined: 25 Nov 2010
Posts: 2

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2010 1:46    Post subject: Reply with quote
buddee wrote:
Scottd9000 wrote:
Got my 610N V2 all set up with the latest DD-WRT ( DD-WRT v24-sp2 (11/21/10) big) and love it. However, I am not able to get over 144 Mbps on my netbook with a Intel 5300 dual band Wifi card. I am attempting to set up the 5Ghz band as N only (using WPA2/AES) but it seems to cap at 144. Any ideas?


Updated drivers for the adapter? Also, are you running this in mixed mode on the 2.4 side? Also try set your width to 40 instead of 20


I believe I have the latest drivers for the 5300. I am running mixed mode on the 2.4 side. Just switched to 40 on the 5g side and I am still seeing 144 as the top speed (sitting next to the router). Thanks for the quick response wow.
Lushamania
DD-WRT Novice


Joined: 20 Nov 2009
Posts: 11

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2010 18:19    Post subject: Reply with quote
Kris404 wrote:
The random reboots & heating issues are a thing of the past: during early development (almost two years ago).

I have had 60+ days uptime and rebooted only for firmware upgrades.

I wish I could say the same thing, but I'm getting the reboot bug on my router. I've the following:

WRT610n V1
Build 15747
wl0 is configured for NG-Mixed
wl1 is configured for N only

I've not read anything explicitly stating I can't, but am I able to downgrade to a previous build of DD-WRT? If so, I'm going to give build 14929 a shot.

Any other ideas how I can get my router to be more rock-solid? It is already hooked up to a UPS, so I don't feel it's power related.
krosswindz
DD-WRT Novice


Joined: 11 Dec 2010
Posts: 8

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 0:31    Post subject: Ideal firmware for WRT610N v1 router Reply with quote
I just flashed my WRT610N with the first time firmware build. When I downloaded the mega v24 preSP2 build 14896 and flashed it after the hard reset my router ended up getting bricked. I was able to unbrick it using the "management firmware update" screen. I am back the first time firmware build.

I was wondering what is a good firmware that I can use on my router. I need USB storage support with NTFS support as well.

Any suggestions on this is greatly appreciated.
buddee
DD-WRT Guru


Joined: 06 Feb 2010
Posts: 7401
Location: Little Rock

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 0:35    Post subject: Re: Ideal firmware for WRT610N v1 router Reply with quote
krosswindz wrote:
I just flashed my WRT610N with the first time firmware build. When I downloaded the mega v24 preSP2 build 14896 and flashed it after the hard reset my router ended up getting bricked. I was able to unbrick it using the "management firmware update" screen. I am back the first time firmware build.

I was wondering what is a good firmware that I can use on my router. I need USB storage support with NTFS support as well.

Any suggestions on this is greatly appreciated.


Last builds i used that were pretty solid for me and does what your wanting to do was either 15704 or 15508, those 2 builds for my broadcom units have been pretty good.

_________________
Wireless N Config | Linking Routers | DD-WRT Wiki | DD-WRT Builds | Peacock - Broadcom FAQ

Having problems with port forwarding? Check out Port Forward Troubleshooting for more info.
krosswindz
DD-WRT Novice


Joined: 11 Dec 2010
Posts: 8

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 0:46    Post subject: Re: Ideal firmware for WRT610N v1 router Reply with quote
buddee wrote:

Last builds i used that were pretty solid for me and does what your wanting to do was either 15704 or 15508, those 2 builds for my broadcom units have been pretty good.


I assume you are referring to these two builds.

BrainSlayer 15704: ftp://ftp.dd-wrt.com/others/eko/BrainSlayer-V24-preSP2/11-09-10-r15704/broadcom/dd-wrt.v24_mega_wrt610n.bin

Eko 15508: ftp://ftp.dd-wrt.com/others/eko/V24_TNG/svn15508/dd-wrt.v24-15508_big-wrt610n.bin

If I am wrong can you point me to the two builds.

Thanks for the help.
buddee
DD-WRT Guru


Joined: 06 Feb 2010
Posts: 7401
Location: Little Rock

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 0:54    Post subject: Re: Ideal firmware for WRT610N v1 router Reply with quote
krosswindz wrote:


I assume you are referring to these two builds.

BrainSlayer 15704: ftp://ftp.dd-wrt.com/others/eko/BrainSlayer-V24-preSP2/11-09-10-r15704/broadcom/dd-wrt.v24_mega_wrt610n.bin

Eko 15508: ftp://ftp.dd-wrt.com/others/eko/V24_TNG/svn15508/dd-wrt.v24-15508_big-wrt610n.bin

If I am wrong can you point me to the two builds.

Thanks for the help.


Yes those are the ones :)

Edit: i personally use the Eko build currently (15508) but i tested 15704 as well and it performed nicely.

_________________
Wireless N Config | Linking Routers | DD-WRT Wiki | DD-WRT Builds | Peacock - Broadcom FAQ

Having problems with port forwarding? Check out Port Forward Troubleshooting for more info.
krosswindz
DD-WRT Novice


Joined: 11 Dec 2010
Posts: 8

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 1:12    Post subject: Re: Ideal firmware for WRT610N v1 router Reply with quote
buddee wrote:

Yes those are the ones :)

Edit: i personally use the Eko build currently (15508) but i tested 15704 as well and it performed nicely.


As someone completely new DD-WRT which one would you suggest to use. I suppose the Eko as you are using the personally.
buddee
DD-WRT Guru


Joined: 06 Feb 2010
Posts: 7401
Location: Little Rock

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 2:18    Post subject: Re: Ideal firmware for WRT610N v1 router Reply with quote
krosswindz wrote:

As someone completely new DD-WRT which one would you suggest to use. I suppose the Eko as you are using the personally.


You could try this first, see how it does for you.

ftp://ftp.dd-wrt.com/others/eko/V24_TNG/svn15508/dd-wrt.v24-15508_big-wrt610n.bin

If you like then continue to use it of course, if it has issues for you then try 15704. As i said though, 15508 has been pretty solid for me.

_________________
Wireless N Config | Linking Routers | DD-WRT Wiki | DD-WRT Builds | Peacock - Broadcom FAQ

Having problems with port forwarding? Check out Port Forward Troubleshooting for more info.
krosswindz
DD-WRT Novice


Joined: 11 Dec 2010
Posts: 8

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 6:46    Post subject: Re: Ideal firmware for WRT610N v1 router Reply with quote
buddee wrote:

You could try this first, see how it does for you.

ftp://ftp.dd-wrt.com/others/eko/V24_TNG/svn15508/dd-wrt.v24-15508_big-wrt610n.bin

If you like then continue to use it of course, if it has issues for you then try 15704. As i said though, 15508 has been pretty solid for me.


I read this message late and flashed the router with 15704. I noticed an issue when I enabled QoS using HTB. I am noticing that the bandwidth is pegged at 1Mbps over wired and wireless. I ran multiple speed tests and I am alwaus ~1Mbps. I am not sure if this is a known issue. I will flash 15508 next and see how it performance with QoS and decide which one is stable.
krosswindz
DD-WRT Novice


Joined: 11 Dec 2010
Posts: 8

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 14:11    Post subject: Reply with quote
It was the other way around I flashed it with 15508 version and I noticed the QoS issue and I upgraded to 15704 issue and I am still seeing issues if I enable QoS.

Last edited by krosswindz on Sat Dec 11, 2010 15:17; edited 1 time in total
krosswindz
DD-WRT Novice


Joined: 11 Dec 2010
Posts: 8

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 15:01    Post subject: Reply with quote
That was dumb of me by swapping the calues of downlink and uplink in the settings.

Right now 15508 is working very well for me. Thanks for all the help.
Lushamania
DD-WRT Novice


Joined: 20 Nov 2009
Posts: 11

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 15:09    Post subject: Reply with quote
Lushamania wrote:
Kris404 wrote:
The random reboots & heating issues are a thing of the past: during early development (almost two years ago).

I have had 60+ days uptime and rebooted only for firmware upgrades.

I wish I could say the same thing, but I'm getting the reboot bug on my router. I've the following:

WRT610n V1
Build 15747
wl0 is configured for NG-Mixed
wl1 is configured for N only

I've not read anything explicitly stating I can't, but am I able to downgrade to a previous build of DD-WRT? If so, I'm going to give build 14929 a shot.

Any other ideas how I can get my router to be more rock-solid? It is already hooked up to a UPS, so I don't feel it's power related.

For anyone that's interested, I downgraded to 14929 and my router hasn't reset once in nearly four days. Hooray for uptime! Very Happy
zank
DD-WRT Novice


Joined: 15 Jan 2010
Posts: 36

PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2010 19:33    Post subject: Re: Ideal firmware for WRT610N v1 router Reply with quote
buddee wrote:
krosswindz wrote:


I assume you are referring to these two builds.

BrainSlayer 15704: ftp://ftp.dd-wrt.com/others/eko/BrainSlayer-V24-preSP2/11-09-10-r15704/broadcom/dd-wrt.v24_mega_wrt610n.bin

Eko 15508: ftp://ftp.dd-wrt.com/others/eko/V24_TNG/svn15508/dd-wrt.v24-15508_big-wrt610n.bin

If I am wrong can you point me to the two builds.

Thanks for the help.


Yes those are the ones :)

Edit: i personally use the Eko build currently (15508) but i tested 15704 as well and it performed nicely.



Hi, i currently have the 610n v1 and was previously using DD-WRT v24-sp2 (02/03/10) big - build 13832. i just upgraded to the 15508 eko build linked above after reading that it now comes with ntfs support. the ersion i was with required installation of ntfs3g fuse etc manually. so i upgraded my dd wrt and plugged in my ntfs drive, 1 tb, and it is not detected under services-usb in the control panel. i have a couple of questions:

- i remember previously one had to have a separate ext3 partition i believe on the drive. the drive i have is completely full and no way to back it up and reformat wit the 2 partitions, ext3 and ntfs. any possibility or chance this behaviour has been changed and i no logner require an ext3 partition, or if there is a way around it.

-can i connect 3-4 drives via a usb hub once and if i get my ntfs drives working.

-i plugged in a fat32 partitioned 2 gb usb drive and the info i get is disc info says: --- /dev/discs/disc0/disc , and status says: mounted on /mnt. how do i access this on mac osx leopard?

the settings i enabled are:
usb tab: usb 2.0 support, usb storage support, automatic drive mount, and in NAS tab i enabled samba, with path to file automatically set to /jffs.

can someone help me with how to get the router to read my ntfs file, as well as how to mount through mac osx.


Last edited by zank on Sat Dec 25, 2010 0:31; edited 2 times in total
Naltharial
DD-WRT Novice


Joined: 24 Dec 2010
Posts: 1

PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2010 21:29    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hello!

I'm contemplating flashing my WRT610N v2.0 to DD-WRT (stock firmware has just been disappointing in performance, mostly resulting in having to frequently reboot the router if wanting any performance out of it - also, multicasting performance is appalling).

I'm mostly wondering what's the difference between

ftp://dd-wrt.com/others/eko/V24-K26/svn15943-snow/dd-wrt.v24-15943_NEWD-2_K2.6_mini_wrt610nv2.bin

and

ftp://dd-wrt.com/others/eko/BrainSlayer-V24-preSP2/12-18-10-r15940/broadcom_K26/dd-wrt.v24-15940_NEWD-2_K2.6_mini_wrt610nv2.bin

for the starting mini flash and the subsequent upgrade to the "mega" build. Is it just different packages included?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 142, 143, 144, 145, 146  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 143 of 146
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You can attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum