TL-WR1043ND v2 WAN port not working

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2
petkoff
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2024 10:07    Post subject: Reply with quote
"The only odd difference i have among all my x3 1043v2 is 2 of them have tftp, but one doesn't have tftp so, i have to serial on it...if so.." LOOOL - mine too I think. I had tried maybe every thing, but no tftp communication over LAN. My serial is...

"I would compare the WAN and LAN MAC addresses." - they are different - one ending C3, other ending C5

"Maybe it's a matter of flashing newer or older or different market version of stock first." - I think older, but on the official tp-link site I think they are removed... why...? If I found something older than 3.15.31 I will try, but it's a matter of time. If the flash is unsoldered, put into programmer so directly flash data and solder back will it work?

Obviously I have got the short stick with one... For now may be this project will be suspended, `coz I have to put some device. May be this with stock firmware. I was thinking it's simple - flash ddwrt, some config and go... but the guys from TP-LINK unpleasantly surprised me. Thanks for help.

Last edited by petkoff on Sun Jan 28, 2024 10:39; edited 1 time in total
Sponsor
ho1Aetoo
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2024 10:28    Post subject: Reply with quote
The MAC addresses are displayed in the GUI, uninteresting what is written on the sticker as I have long since seen the MAC addresses in the stock firmware.

Secondly, as I said, it is also very simple, if the WAN port does not work, you can configure another port as the WAN port via the GUI.

If you don't want to take this step - that's up to you.

VLAN configuration via GUI - 2 CPU ports (R7800, EA8500 etc)

Routers
Marvell OCTEON TX2 - QHora-322 - OpenWrt 23.05.3 - Gateway
Qualcomm IPQ8065 - R7800 - DD-WRT - WAP
Alozaros
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2024 10:49    Post subject: Reply with quote
When TFTP on some rare occasions you have to put a switch in between router and the PC as the TFTP anticipation window may close too quick..if you need an old 1043v2 stripped stock file i do have one and can upload it here..or check here https://forum.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=85237 you need to be logged in to see the files...

As far as serial its very easy on 1043v2 it has a serial port you can to solder 3 pins grd tx and rx only and you need a ttl to usb adapter they are very cheap, you can find them everywhere...

the other thing that comes to my mind is if BS by mistake screwed the factory flash on 1043v2 recently, you can try an older factory build but make sure its not too old...

Try this for example https://download1.dd-wrt.com/dd-wrtv2/downloads/betas/2022/01-26-2022-r48208/tplink_tl-wr1043nd-v2/factory-to-ddwrt.bin and than you can web update to the recent 55009

TP-Link WR1043NDv2 -Gargoyle OS 1.15.x AP,DNS,QoS,Quotas
Qualcomm-Atheros
Netgear XR500 --DD-WRT 57200 Gateway/DoH,Forced DNS,AP Isolation,4VLAN,Ad-Block,Firewall,Vanilla
Netgear R7800 --DD-WRT 57200 Gateway/DoT,AD-Block,Forced DNS,AP&Net Isolation,x3VLAN,Firewall,Vanilla
Netgear R9000 --DD-WRT 57200 Gateway/DoT,AD-Block,AP Isolation,Firewall,Forced DNS,x2VLAN,Vanilla
Broadcom
Netgear R7000 --DD-WRT 55460 Gateway/SmartDNS/DoH,AD-Block,Firewall,Forced DNS,x3VLAN,VPN
NOT USING 5Ghz ANYWHERE
------------------------------------------------------
Stubby DNS over TLS I DNSCrypt v2 by mac913
petkoff
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2024 10:27    Post subject: Reply with quote
If anyone can provide entire 8192kb flash with bootloader I think this will solve the problem. I have flashed the router with original tp-link firmware, so it worked. I used it one day - everything was OK. Then desoldered 8 pin flash chip and put it into programator. Read and safe the entire info from the chip. The first 128kb are the bootloader, so programmed the stock-to-ddwrt bin file into the flash starting from 128kb to the end. The idea is to go around the internal programming procedure. Solder back flash chip to the board, start the router - starts normally with DD-WRT, and WAN port still not working. So I am thinking that stock firmware for different regions is different, and that disabling of WAN port is at low level from bootloader, and tp-link software enable it when boot. If I change the bootloader with one from router who works normally with dd-wrt may solve the problem.
ho1Aetoo
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2024 10:44    Post subject: Reply with quote
This is a low-end device - no need for dedicated WAN and LAN ports - the router will never reach 1Gbit - the processor is much too slow for that.

Simply reconfigure the switch and use the LAN CPU port for WAN and LAN - as all Broadcom routers do - and the problem is solved.

See
VLAN configuration via GUI - 1 CPU port
petkoff
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2024 15:32    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thanks for the thread. Very helpful for me `coz several times I've played with switch config and always ended with unable to reach the router and reset Very Happy I hope now I will make it works.

But if anyone provide entire flash with the bootloader, I will try it that way ...for the cuse, just to figure it out.
ho1Aetoo
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2024 19:02    Post subject: Reply with quote
If it does not work, please post a screenshot of the switch config tab and the networking tab

then I will take a look

in principle you should test what I show in the attachment

(the WAN port is then the physical port 1 or 4 - it depends on the router and whether the ports are swapped Very Happy )

VLAN configuration via GUI - 2 CPU ports (R7800, EA8500 etc)

Routers
Marvell OCTEON TX2 - QHora-322 - OpenWrt 23.05.3 - Gateway
Qualcomm IPQ8065 - R7800 - DD-WRT - WAP
Goto page Previous  1, 2 Display posts from previous:    Page 2 of 2
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: