WRT54G losing settings

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Trismegistus
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 21:17    Post subject: WRT54G losing settings Reply with quote
Here's my problem:
I recently changed ISPs to a city-wide wireless service provider, who sent me a Ruckus 2211 Metro Broadband Gateway router/modem. There doesn't seem to be any way to turn the routing function off, but it doesn't broadcast a wireless signal, so my solution was to set up my Linksys WRT54GS as a wireless access point, which I was able to find a simple enough guide for in the Wiki section. The problem I'm having is that when I have to powercycle the WRT54GS, all the saved data is lost, and the router reverts to DHCP. I dug up the Linksys which I was using as a signal booster in a bigger house I used to live in, so it may be the firmware version I'm using, though I'm hoping to avoid an upgrade if possible. Here're my specifics:

Ruckus 2211 Broadband Gateway
Linksys WRT54GS, Rev. 1
DD-WRT v24 Beta (7/21/07) mini
Setting up static internal IP addresses & port forwarding for a few applications (though this stuff is being set up in the Ruckus admin tool)

The version number isn't printed on the WRT54GS, though according to this it is version 1.0, which would explain why it is not printed (SN#CGN10DA...).

Sorry if this was covered before, but I couldn't find it in by looking through the forums/using the search feature. If it has, if you could direct me to that thread, I would appreciate it. Thanks in advance Smile
Sponsor
soulstace
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 21:25    Post subject: Reply with quote
Why do you want to avoid an upgrade from beta firmware that is over a year old?

That's the first thing I'd recommend actually. Hard reset, upgrade to v24 stable, hard reset again, then reconfigure.

http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Installation#Upgrading_to_a_newer_version_of_DD-WRT

Use latest VINT firmware, just built today.
http://www.dd-wrt.com/dd-wrtv2/down.php?path=downloads%2Fothers%2Feko%2FV24_TNG%2Fsvn10205/
Trismegistus
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 21:39    Post subject: Reply with quote
well, i've bricked a router before, though I have to admit that I was upgrading the firmware wirelessly, and knew I was taking a pretty decent chance at bricking it. I have 4 of these routers, so I guess even if i did brick one it wouldn't be that big of a deal. The more I think about it, though, that probably is where my problem is coming from. I'm sure it was a beta release for a reason. I imagine I should go ahead and give that a try before I look for anymore help as it's most always recommended to update when having software [firmware] problems. I guess for one thing, I was kind of wondering if this was a known issue with that firmware (though I couldn't find any reference to it) before I tried upgrading it. I'll go ahead and update to the latest stable release and update this post once I do... If u don't see an update in a couple hours, u'll know I bricked my router hehehe. The reason I tried the wireless upgrade btw was because at the time my NIC wasn't working so I used a usb wireless NIC, but have since acquired a new NIC Smile Thanks for the help
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: