Just grounded my PoE Injector/Network Switch

Fried Chicken
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2023 17:50    Post subject: Just grounded my PoE Injector/Network Switch Reply with quote
My configuration is as follows:

Code:
modem --> dd-wrt router --> PoE Switch (in attic) --> Cisco Access Points

I just read through the manual of my attic switch, and it recommended connecting the ground. I connected it to the earth ground of the house via the chassis of its power supply via its ground screw using a simple wire.

It's too soon for me to say if I've noticed any difference.

DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2023 15:49    Post subject: Re: Just grounded my PoE Injector/Network Switch Reply with quote
Fried Chicken wrote:

Code:

I just read through the manual of my attic switch, and it recommended connecting the ground. I connected it to the earth ground of the house via the chassis of its power supply via its ground screw using a simple wire.

What effects would be expected to be able to notice? Any measurable effects as well?

How did you ground it exactly? Bare hookup wire or?
Fried Chicken
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2023 17:35    Post subject: Re: Just grounded my PoE Injector/Network Switch Reply with quote
yodog wrote:
Fried Chicken wrote:

Code:

What effects would be expected to be able to notice? Any measurable effects as well?

How did you ground it exactly? Bare hookup wire or?

The switch has a grounding point, I hooked it up to the chassis on the power supply, which is grounded to.. the ground of the house wire.

Nothing special beyond that.

I have a feeling establishing connections is more reliable, but not enough to rule out placebo.

Navigation

Jump to: