Help finding dd-wrt firmware for ASUS RT-AC68U HW Ver.:C1

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Paul3286
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2023 13:08    Post subject: Reply with quote
(BEGIN sarcasm)

blkt you wrote a lot of stuff. so please let me respond to your efforts as concisely as I can.

1- Please read my original post, the first one, you know, the one up the top of the page. Once done, re-read the last sentence and the web address. Now think about it. If I'm right, has not all the work and research been done, and done by me including finding the actual file. which is the basis of the entire question.

So since you persist in answering my posts after I specifically asked you not to, then answer this:

Question blkt: In my first post, you know, the one at the top of the page. Is that the file I need at that web address for my RT-AC68U C1 router.

Answer required: Yes or No

2-Now if you have managed to get this far I'll get you to scroll down to Kernel-panic69's post and in that post you will notice one crucial piece of information: 'The file that you've found is the one needed to flash your router'.

I know right! totally and completely mind blowing, how dare Kernel-panic69 answer my question in one simple post providing confirmation to my having searched and finding the right file. WOW, the nerve of Kernel-panic69. Hmmm, it's just not right is it

(END sarcasm) Very Happy Very Happy
Sponsor
blkt
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2023 13:15    Post subject: Reply with quote
I answered Yes. In fact everything leads back to confirmation of C1 support and I showed you numerous ways
to confirm this, including that you could have easily searched in a few seconds to plug in the trx file you linked.

Do not appreciate your lies about information being false or misleading especially after verifying wiki is correct.
Also, what makes you think I will not reply when you repeatedly make such false statements despite the facts?
Gameman Advanced Kid
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2023 19:41    Post subject: Reply with quote
@blkt You keep saying you answered "yes". I can tell you that you did not answer with a "yes" but instead with a bunch of links.

If anything, you said "Yes, C1 is mentioned" next to one of your links. That is not a valid answer and only introduces more confusion.

The question was "Will this specific firmware that I have in this specific link work?". Kernel-Panic69 answered this mans question in one sentence.

From there you went hyperlink crazy in your posts while talking about how you dont appreciate being told you didnt answer this mans question and that he should have just read the forums.

If there was any advice I could give, because I value life all the more after losing "my good friend", It would be for you to go touch some grass.

barryware wrote:
It takes a "community" to raise a router..

Internet Connection 1
Some Techicolor modem > Linksys WRT3200ACM

Internet connection 2
Ubiquiti Powerbeam Gen 2 > Netgear R9000

Official (but not really) dd-wrt General Discussion element/matrix chat

https://matrix.to/#/#dd-wrt-private-non-offical:matrix.org
blkt
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2023 20:04    Post subject: Reply with quote
It is a valid answer read C1 wiki link thread and certainly does support C1. Get out of here with your nonsense.
Links are for reference, also you can choose to ignore them as you ignore everything else written including Yes.

Also ignore any C1 user reports in build threads from past few months, or how easy it is to search this yourself.
Does not matter anyway, the entire wiki section is being rewritten for those who need to be spoon fed answers.
Paul3286
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2023 4:29    Post subject: Reply with quote
blkt wrote:
It is a valid answer read C1 wiki link thread and certainly does support C1. Get out of here with your nonsense.
Links are for reference, also you can choose to ignore them as you ignore everything else written including Yes.

I cannot stop laughing: somebody is definitely caught in a loop of their own reality.

Gameman Advance Kid

Thanks, you tried, I tried as Kernel-Panic69 tried by actually answering the question. Yet, we failed, we all failed.

blkt stop making me laugh:

You did not answer the question even in your last post, but first, again as a reminder, you did not answer the question. You did not even read my first post, even when I asked you to (you seem to have a problem following instructions). In my first post second line I wrote
Quote:
'On the Database it's found and supported'

That's it, I answered all your regurgitating C1 responses before you even made your first post yet you persist in being stuck in this C1 loop of your own reality that never required a response, whilst believing that that is the answer. It is not!

I then wrote on the last line
Quote:
'Is the below one the right one for my router and version?'

This last quote is all that needs to be answered, to satisfy my doubts.

Apart from all the unnecessary and confusing information you posted prior which most I had already viewd, the information you posted even in your last posts hyperlink is from posts done in 2016 - That's seven years ago, That's one, two, three, four, five, six, seven. I counted for you, in case, well, you know, some people have missing fingers. But again, that's all unnecessary and obsolete C1 information.

Unfortunately I can't even say I appreciate your efforts for as repeatedly posted you did not answer the question and if I followed your advice I would be more confused and have long abandoned for other FW that may be easier to find with cleaner pages and links. Remember what Dorothy found at the end of the yellow brick road, a self absorbed false Wizard hiding behind smoke and mirrors in a world of his own delusions.

Take Gameman Advance Kids 'If there was any advice I could give, because I value life all the more after losing "my good friend", It would be for you to go touch some grass.'

'O, and if you actually do have missing fingers, oops!
kernel-panic69
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2023 4:57    Post subject: Reply with quote
Does the edited wiki clear things up a little better?

https://wiki.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Asus_RT-AC68U

I was trying to keep the process as simple as possible so people didn't have to scratch their head too much on what models were known to be supported. Some of us have learned the hard way that walls of text and links and the way we think doesn't apply across the board, and that others aren't idiots if they don't think like we do. It's a "work in progress" still, as I'm finding random bits. It sure would help if people gave FCC ID information and other details so I could completely nail a whole lot of loose ends down. Solutions, indeed.

DD-WRT Releases 2023 (PolitePol)
DD-WRT Releases 2023 (RSS Everything)

----------------------
Linux User #377467 counter.li.org / linuxcounter.net
blkt
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2023 11:00    Post subject: Reply with quote
Paul3286 wrote:
You did not answer the question even in your last post, but first, again as a reminder, you did not answer the question. You did not even read my first post, even when I asked you to (you seem to have a problem following instructions). In my first post second line I wrote
Quote:
'On the Database it's found and supported'

That's it, I answered all your regurgitating C1 responses before you even made your first post yet you persist in being stuck in this C1 loop of your own reality that never required a response, whilst believing that that is the answer. It is not!

I read your post first pass. You chose router database which is not used for firmware and I told you very first reply.
"Yes, C1 is mentioned" arrow to wiki confirmed asus-rt-ac68u folder location and provided an example build thread
with first successful C1 reports. Yes is key word, C1 first mentioned 2016. DD-WRT support does not just disappear.

At this time you said "So what's your point?" totally ignoring this wiki confirmation. I referred you to previous post,
as I answered your question and felt no need to explain further also simple to confirm trx file if you do not believe.
Why a simple matter? There is only one file in folder and there is no other folder in question to confuse or rule out.

Despite a clear answer you chose not to believe me, or wiki, accusing me of maintaining these pages oh the irony.
The wiki may have been dated but it was accurate for questions you wanted answered both folder and C1 support.

Paul3286 wrote:
Apart from all the unnecessary and confusing information you posted prior which most I had already viewd, the information you posted even in your last posts hyperlink is from posts done in 2016 - That's seven years ago, That's one, two, three, four, five, six, seven. I counted for you, in case, well, you know, some people have missing fingers. But again, that's all unnecessary and obsolete C1 information.

So unnecessary/confusing yet wiki answered your question. Let's not forget you refused to take yes for an answer.
Again support does not disappear, 2016 clearly marked first reports of successful C1 support and stable confirmed.
Fully aware you did not read let's review what else you ignored 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2023, 2023, 2023.

You don't want to believe me? Fine, information is clear for all to see and you can wait for next answer as you did.
Want to repeatedly lie about the facts and continue down path of accusatory remarks without evidence? Sorry, no.
blkt
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2023 12:35    Post subject: Reply with quote
kernel-panic69 wrote:

https://wiki.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Asus_RT-AC68U

I see only two typos dir880-webflash.bin and Questiona. Old 44715 in installation tips for a WPS hard factory reset.
Paul3286
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2023 13:19    Post subject: Reply with quote
kernel-panic69 wrote:

For the layman yes. The following is just my opinion so read with a grain of salt, as I could be totaly misguided.

dd-wrt.com > Router Data base > Select Router > Brings up router info. You have the factory flash file why not put a direct link to the current dd-wrt repository.

Confusions on the found Database Router Page above:
1 - 'Supported by', then a drop down list. What is that for or mean?
2 - Link to 'flashing instructions and 'Reflash stock firmware' to pages that are the same.
3 - From links 1 & 2 above. To many links to discuss suffice to say I only really want one and that's the file, So where is it? I know my router is supported I have links to flash and revert plus others so where is the file repository for the latest? which leads to the following Hyperlink 'Where do I download Firmware' That page is bad, really bad. That link should just say 'Firmware FAQ'

The link for current firmware repository should be on the database result page and the supported router models page not in some 'Where do I download firmware' with lack of clarity as to where the file is/are. As a novice first things you see are red text that can contradict you getting here '!!!DO NOT USED THE ROUTER DATABASE!!!' ' BUT NEVER EVER USE THE ROUTER DATABSE' That's how I got here! Also that page is a nightmare of confusion There are four links that I may need 'DD-WRT build locations. Everything else makes my head just goes numb.

just my two cents.
Paul3286
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2023 13:37    Post subject: Reply with quote
Ok, blkt. you're right you're absolutely right the Earth is flat as it is also the centre of the Universe and is only 6000 years old. Yep, You are right! I just don't know how I could have been so wrong. hallelujah I have been found! WAIT!, what? does that mean that dinosaurs aren't real?

Anyway, please respond to this post so you can have the last word for I think your reality loop is getting into overdrive, so to help you out I will no longer be responding allowing you to catch a deep breath and have the last word.

O' hey just had a brainstorm watching the news. blkt have you thought of becoming one of Donald Trumps Lawyers. You would be great at it. Seeya.
blkt
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2023 13:42    Post subject: Reply with quote
1.) Supported by dropdown: selects a bunch of old builds to avoid because again router database is not maintained.

2.) Flashing instructions & Reflash stock firmware links broken: device wiki completely rewritten over past few days.

3.) Download asus_rt-ac68u-firmware.trx file from other downloads or direct downloads in the asus-rt-ac68u folder.
kernel-panic69
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2023 15:14    Post subject: Reply with quote
Noted areas fixed regarding filename and reference to 44715 and router model (the latter is trivial). Filename was a bad copy/paste from another wiki I had written / edited with @ian5142's help (I was a little tired). For the rest of the annotated bits:

Code:
It is a long-standing complaint about the Router DB regarding pointing to current releases - that is out of everyone's control but site admins.  It is only updated when certain conditions are met and apparently it's some major pain in the ass to update it.  The section nomenclatures of the wiki can be reverted so links work, but it should be fairly obvious on where to go since it takes you to the TOC of the wiki.  If you can't translate "Installation" to mean "Firmware Install Procedure" and "Revert To Factory Firmware" to "Reflash Stock Firmware", then I don't know what to tell you.  Also, the old links didn't take you directly to the section starting point, anyway - you had to scroll up because of the ads and other bits in the page header, another nuisance.

Thanks for the feedback.

DD-WRT Releases 2023 (PolitePol)
DD-WRT Releases 2023 (RSS Everything)

----------------------
Linux User #377467 counter.li.org / linuxcounter.net
Paul3286
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2023 16:38    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hey, since you seem to be messing with the pages in regards to flashing. I don't know if I should ask you or start a new topic but I can't flash my 68U router following these instructions: https://wiki.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Asus_RT-AC68U

Using this file: https://download1.dd-wrt.com/dd-wrtv2/downloads/betas/2023/06-06-2023-r52894/asus-rt-ac68u/

On selecting the file it uploads and goes through the motions 0 to 100%
It then refreshes the screen requiring me to log back in to the ASUS FW.
Logged back in and the original Asus FW is still running.
I then select reboot and it again goes through a different pop up of 'Please wait, applying settings' 0 to 100%
It then refreshes the screen requiring login back into the Asus FW.

I tried the 'hold the WPS' button until the power button flashed and again it gives me 'Please wait, applying settings' 0 to 100%
This time it refreshed into a new Asus Welcome to ASUS Router page > Click here to continue. I then had to add an exception to
access the router which took me back to the ASUS factory reset start again page.

Any ideas or should I start a new topic.
dale_gribble39
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2023 17:44    Post subject: Reply with quote
"Recovery Mode Flashing Instructions" ... you can use the Asus Firmware Restoration Tool or mini CFE web page @ http://192.168.1.1. Sounds as if you either have newer locked Asus firmware or the stock webUI is not having it. There are links at the bottom of the wiki to the Asus site FAQ articles about recovery mode as well:

https://www.asus.com/support/FAQ/1000814

https://www.asus.com/networking-iot-servers/wifi-routers/asus-wifi-routers/rtac68u/helpdesk_download/?model2Name=RTAC68U

https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/wireless/ASUSWRT/Discovery_1483.zip?model=RT-AC68U (for winblows 11, especially)

https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/wireless/GT-AX6000/Rescue_2103.zip?model=RT-AC68U

You *may* have to use an older version of the Restoration Tool, but the mini CFE web page should *always* work. Also, there is a *remote* possibility that you need to use a much older firmware due to image size, but I'm not gonna search this forum for that information if it wasn't in the pre-edited version of the wiki.
Paul3286
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2023 5:55    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thanks dale_gribble39

I won't bore you with the persistent failures over two hours, suffice to say do not use the ASUS instructions at: https://www.asus.com/support/FAQ/1000814
They will not work. What worked are the recovery instructions here on this dd-wrt page: https://wiki.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Asus_RT-AC68U and used it's recovery method using the 'WPS' button first. These are the only instructions that worked. all the above on that page also failed as all on the Asus page. Also the Asus recovery software still does not work even after disabling the FW and such. In all the attempts had to use the CFE and the WPS button mentioned above recovery to finally get dd-wrt installed.

Question > WIFI:

- I have no 5GHZ router panel LED indication. Is this a setting problem for I have not setup anything yet.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 2 of 3
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> General Questions All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: