Send device traffic out of WG Client WAN

Bhumblet
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2023 22:53    Post subject: Send device traffic out of WG Client WAN Reply with quote
I currently have a WG server and WG client setup. Both of these devices are routers running dd-wrt. The WG client routes all traffic to the WG server by setting the allowed IPs to 0.0.0.0/1 and 128.0.0.0/1. The WG server has the allowed IPs set to the IP address of the WG client and the IPs of the devices on the WG client router. This allows for communication between computers on both networks with all outgoing traffic going through the WG server WAN. I have a specific device that is at the location of the WG Server and connected to that router. I would like to route all outgoing traffic to go through the tunnel and out the WG client WAN, sort of backwards compared to all other devices. How can I go about this?
Sponsor
hw112
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2023 9:32    Post subject: Reply with quote
I also have a site-to-site setup just like yours.
Important is to have the "Firewall Inbound" Disabled/unticked on *both* sides and have "Allow Clients Wan Access" Enabled on both sides.

What you can try is to use PBR on the Server side: "Route Selected sources via VPN" and in the Sources box just add your clients IP address e.g. 192.168.1.59/32
Bhumblet
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2023 22:52    Post subject: Reply with quote
I tried this but no luck. My guess is that the packets are being dropped when they try to access the WAN on the WG-Client router. I'm not sure though. Any ideas?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Advanced Networking All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: