Wifi WAN for failover

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Marvell MVEBU based Hardware (WRT1900AC etc.)
Beartlaoi
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2023 21:58    Post subject: Wifi WAN for failover Reply with quote
I have r48362 on Linksys WRT3200ACM Modes: Router, 3x AP with OpenVPN server, dyndns
My plan is to setup dual WAN with automatic failover to a wifi hotspot. Then later use OpenVPN client with a VPN service to get around ISP limitations.
I did find an article here about it but it seems even older than my current old build.
Assuming the concept can still be done, I need some guidance.
First I expect to upgrade the firmware. The noob research I have done suggests r52330 might be safe. Is this a good choice?
I have three radios, wlan2 seems unused so ideally I would want to use that as a WAN to my phone hotspot.
The only article I found showed how to setup wifi as the only WAN so no suprise I lost primary WAN when trying it but the wireless one did not work.
Are there any modern articles on these concepts?
Sponsor
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Marvell MVEBU based Hardware (WRT1900AC etc.) All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: