New Build - 04/20/2023 - r52369

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
T-Fork
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2023 10:38    Post subject: Reply with quote
Quote:
Lots of things have changed, coming from such an old build a reset to defaults and put settings in manually is highly recommended, never restore from a backup (to a different build)

I know and as I wrote earlier "no reset just for the heck of it.", and I'll reset if I encounter more pressing issues.
As a sidenote I solved the ntpclient problem by setting up the gateway router to act as a ntp server for the AP (DIR-882) and the switch (WNDR3700).
Sponsor
egc
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2023 10:44    Post subject: Reply with quote
T-Fork wrote:
Quote:
Lots of things have changed, coming from such an old build a reset to defaults and put settings in manually is highly recommended, never restore from a backup (to a different build)

I know and as I wrote earlier "no reset just for the heck of it.", and I'll reset if I encounter more pressing issues.
As a sidenote I solved the ntpclient problem by setting up the gateway router to act as a ntp server for the AP (DIR-882) and the switch (WNDR3700).

You might have a misconfiguration e.g. gateway and local DNS not pointing to your primary router assuming your primary router does the DNS.
The NTP client first tries to resolve a DNS address eventually it will try a fixed IP address at least that is how it is now set up

Forum Guide Lines (important read):https://forum.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=324087
h1ghbr0w
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2023 15:25    Post subject: update: GUI r51362 > r52369 virtual wlan1.1 does not work Reply with quote
Router Model Netgear R9000
Firmware Version DD-WRT v3.0-r52369 std (04/20/23)
Kernel Version Linux 4.9.337 #1812 SMP Thu Apr 20 00:46:29 +07 2023 armv7l

update: GUI r51362 > r52369
reset: YES
mode: Gateway
errors: cannot configure wlan1.1 to work on 2nd bridge for iOT network 10.0.2.0/24, currently works on r51362, reverted back to r51362

Steps to reproduce:
1. Under <wireless> tab, configure virtual interface for iOT on 2.4GHz with SSID enabled, mixed network mode, radio mode AP. Setup security wireless options.
2. Under <setup> <networking> tab add second bridge called "br1" save and apply, restart router
3. Under <interface setup> attempt to configure wlan1.1 - iOT, ERROR: wlan1.1 does not appear as it does under r51362 (tried restarts still does not appear), reconfirmed wireless vlan is enabled and configured.
4. Could not move to next step under <setup> <networking> tab <assign to bridge> section, assigned still presented original assignments as per default router config.
5. Then normally restart after assigning wlan1.1 > bridge br1, then configure additional DHCP etc.

Router setup: IPv4, IPv6, Services: dnsmasq enabled
ho1Aetoo
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2023 15:47    Post subject: Reply with quote
Step 3 does not make sense to me.

If the VAP is bridged, there is nothing to configure under "Interface Setup" for WLAN1.1.

And if in the tab "Networking" interfaces are missing (WLAN0, WLAN1, WLAN0.1, WLAN1.1) then it is because one of the WLAN interfaces could not be started.

This can happen if you use "auto-channel".
Or you have configured something else wrong
gilius
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2023 3:52    Post subject: Reply with quote
T-Fork wrote:
Quote:

egc has the best advice on this; it's better to take the time to transfer the settings and then verify that you have a known good profile. To expedite this, what I do is print the necessary configuration changes from the router gui to PDF (only those pages that have configuration deviations from default). Then, it's only a matter of copy-paste of text from PDF configuration pages to the live router gui.

Many may already be doing this; but it saves alot of typing.
ArjenR49
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2023 5:07    Post subject: Reply with quote
Making pdf page prints of GUI pages that have been changed from the defaults is easy and very useful, but you need to carefully enlarge text fields for additional options, keys etc. so everything is visible and gets printed. On the wireless settings page there's also much info not visible by default.
The text field containing keys has long lines that will not print in full because the window cannot be made wider in current builds, so you need to copy the text and store it in a separate text file.
If afterwards you notice some text is missing from the page print, you can open the binary settings backup file in a text editor and search for the missing info.
gilius
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2023 7:42    Post subject: Reply with quote
ArjenR49 wrote:
Making pdf page prints of GUI pages that have been changed from the defaults is easy and very useful, but you need to carefully enlarge text fields for additional options, keys etc. so everything is visible and gets printed. On the wireless settings page there's also much info not visible by default.
The text field containing keys has long lines that will not print in full because the window cannot be made wider in current builds, so you need to copy the text and store it in a separate text file.
If afterwards you notice some text is missing from the page print, you can open the binary settings backup file in a text editor and search for the missing info.

Initially I noticed these problems also, but then I noted that there was an 'entire page' print option in the browser I use. After I started using that option, I was able to get everything in one pdf printout per page. From there, double click on the text fields worked just fine. Alot of this depends on the pdf print capability of the browser being used.

I did also change the zoom on the page to avoid the problems you are pointing out. I've viewed the settings backup file, which is a great resource, but fortunately I have not had to use it --yet
ArjenR49
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2023 15:37    Post subject: Reply with quote
@gilius
The features you describe would be very welcome. Thanks for disclosing that it can be done.

Which browser can do what you describe and on which OS?

I usually use Firefox in my Linux Mint laptop (latest version), but text fields in any PDF print file made by Firefox don't open by clicking. Nor hidden settings shown by ticking the box 'Advanced settings' in the PDF file.
The info on the GUI page is spread over a number of pages (e.g. A4) of the PDF file. Possible page sizes all correspond to actual paper sizes, as far as I understand.
gilius
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2023 4:40    Post subject: Reply with quote
ArjenR49 wrote:
@gilius
The features you describe would be very welcome. Thanks for disclosing that it can be done.

Which browser can do what you describe and on which OS?

I usually use Firefox in my Linux Mint laptop (latest version), but text fields in any PDF print file made by Firefox don't open by clicking. Nor hidden settings shown by ticking the box 'Advanced settings' in the PDF file.
The info on the GUI page is spread over a number of pages (e.g. A4) of the PDF file. Possible page sizes all correspond to actual paper sizes, as far as I understand.

ArjenR49, check your pm. The pdf printout does still have page separations per se, but you get the entire content of what you have displayed, including any expanded hidden or Advanced Configuration options. You have to be careful on tab clicks as you can easily find yourself back in the live router gui; those work well. The value in this is being able to copy text fields and paste into the router gui; this is just a wysiwyg print of what is currently visible. I never expected more than that as my objective was just to select and copy text fields, which I can do here. You may be aware that in the case of custom configuration settings, for example Services >> VPN >> Openvpn Server/Client, there is a mouseover in the lower right corner of Client setup/Additional Configuration. If you activate that mouseover you can pull the border down and get all content in Additional Configuration displayed. Same for other content borders along these lines.
el-guapin
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2023 16:02    Post subject: Reply with quote
I just updated to this build and noticed something weird. On the wireless basic settings screen the channel and channel extension defaults to AUTO and cannot be change past channel 140. (SEE ATTACHMENT 1+2)

Even though my currently selected channel is 161 LL(-6). (SEE ATTACHMENT 3)

Any ideas why this happens?

miniDLNA 500+ HD movies
QOS Disable
ATT Fiber Internet 500

ho1Aetoo
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2023 16:25    Post subject: Reply with quote
which regulatory domain?
el-guapin
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2023 16:42    Post subject: Reply with quote
ho1Aetoo wrote:
which regulatory domain?

USA. I also noticed that if I change the domain from USA to something else then back to USA, the settings normalized. The channels past 140 become available to select. But once I leave the tab and come back to it, AUTO returns and no channels pass 140.

miniDLNA 500+ HD movies
QOS Disable
ATT Fiber Internet 500

ho1Aetoo
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2023 16:54    Post subject: Reply with quote
I just tested this here on my R7800 several times - everything works (no problems with the regulatory domain US and also not with channel 161+LL)

I hope you pressed "apply" and not only "save".
Otherwise CTRL+F5, use another browser, reboot router... whatever.
el-guapin
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2023 17:01    Post subject: Reply with quote
ho1Aetoo wrote:
I just tested this here on my R7800 several times - everything works (no problems with the regulatory domain US and also not with channel 161+LL)

I hope you pressed "apply" and not only "save".
Otherwise CTRL+F5, use another browser, reboot router... whatever.

Yes I do “apply” the settings and when I select the channel(161) it does take the change as seen on attachment 3. But it seem that the basic settings tab reverts back to the shown AUTO setting. So to me it’s just a display issue. I have rebooted the router. Same conditions persist. I don’t wanna nvram erase if I don’t have but might not have a choice.

miniDLNA 500+ HD movies
QOS Disable
ATT Fiber Internet 500

ho1Aetoo
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2023 17:06    Post subject: Reply with quote
As I said I have tested this several times with the regulatory domain US and the channel 161+LL with both radio firmware versions and also with a router restart.

With me the problem does not occur, it always shows me all channels up to 161.

Have you cleared the browser cache? (CTRL+F5)
and tested another browser without plugins ?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 4 of 5
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: