[SOLVED] R7000 bad internet speed

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
clemensp
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2023 9:27    Post subject: [SOLVED] R7000 bad internet speed Reply with quote
Hi,

*edit* I just solved my problem myself shortly after writing this post - I checked my settings in dd-wrt and it seems I did setup QOS settings years ago when my ISP's connection was still slower - and in there I had setup the old values for my maximum connection speed :facepalm:

I have been running a R7000 with dd-wrt for years. When running an internet speed test I got around 70 Mbit down and 5 Mbit upload speeds on my desktop (connected via 1000 mbit ethernet to the R7000)...
Which was fine for many years. However my ISP increased my connection speed a while ago and my actual speed didn't improve so now I tried to figure out what the problem is and the culprit seems to be the R7000 which is running behind the Modem/Router provided by the ISP (which is in bridge mode) .
When I connect my desktop PC directly to the ISP's Modem/Router and run the speedtest I get the full 250/50 Mbit down/upload speeds.

Running speedtest_cli diretly on the R7000 (connecting with telnet) I also only get ~ 70/5

Running swconfig on the R7000 shows all link speed as 1000 mbit (the lights on the router also indicate 1000 mbit speeds)

I can copy files between my Desktop and Raspberry Pi (which both are connected to the R7000) with more than 100 mbit speeds (~30 MB/sec)

I also tried different ethernet cables between the R7000 and the Modem which yielded no improvement.

In the process I also upgraded to the latest dd-wrt version which also didn't help.

Does anyone have any ideas what else I can try? Could it be something else than the R7000? But it seems to me it has to be the problem since connecting the modem to my desktop directly gets me full speed.
Sponsor
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: