Looking for the latest recommended build for R7000

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
KALIROB2K6
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2023 21:23    Post subject: Looking for the latest recommended build for R7000 Reply with quote
It’s currently on the last Kong build, which from a quick search seems to be defunct and prolly wildly out of date now lol. I was hoping someone here could recommend the best currently working build # for the R7000 to move too.

Cause I’m not sure if it’s still a finicky router with builds anymore, so I’d appreciate any assistance! Embarassed TIA, Jenn
Sponsor
blkt
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2023 22:36    Post subject: Reply with quote
Broadcom: New Build - 04/11/2023 - r52306 Upgrade then after when running r52306 use webUI factory defaults.

Tomorrow? Maybe r52317? Next week at the bottom of this list? Next year? (R7000 is stable, for a very long time)
KALIROB2K6
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2023 23:04    Post subject: Reply with quote
blkt wrote:
Broadcom: New Build - 04/11/2023 - r52306 Upgrade then after when running r52306 use webUI factory defaults.

Tomorrow? Maybe r52317? Next week at the bottom of this list? Next year? (R7000 is stable, for a very long time)

Gotta say, fantastic news the builds are now so stable for the R7000, suppose based on its age it’s not surprising it’s stable now! Thanks for taking the time to answer, I didn’t want to just jump in blind after being away so long. Surprised
Alozaros
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2023 6:36    Post subject: Reply with quote
just do a reset using the button(8sec) and manual rebuild your settings..that old Kong firmware wasn't that good for R7000..no idea why people still stay on it...

mine is still on 52242, but im away of it to update...to 52306...which is running well on my main R7800..

TP-Link WR1043NDv2 -Gargoyle OS 1.15.x AP,DNS,QoS,Quotas
Qualcomm-Atheros
Netgear XR500 --DD-WRT 55779 Gateway/DoH,Forced DNS,AP Isolation,4VLAN,Ad-Block,Firewall,Vanilla
Netgear R7800 --DD-WRT 55819 Gateway/DoT,AD-Block,Forced DNS,AP&Net Isolation,x3VLAN,Firewall,Vanilla
Netgear R9000 --DD-WRT 55779 Gateway/DoT,AD-Block,AP Isolation,Firewall,Forced DNS,x2VLAN,Vanilla
Broadcom
Netgear R7000 --DD-WRT 55460 Gateway/SmartDNS/DoH,AD-Block,Firewall,Forced DNS,x3VLAN,VPN
NOT USING 5Ghz ANYWHERE
------------------------------------------------------
Stubby DNS over TLS I DNSCrypt v2 by mac913
KALIROB2K6
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2023 18:02    Post subject: Reply with quote
Alozaros wrote:
just do a reset using the button(8sec) and manual rebuild your settings..that old Kong firmware wasn't that good for R7000..no idea why people still stay on it...

mine is still on 52242, but im away of it to update...to 52306...which is running well on my main R7800..

Okay, I’ll get that done today but for me, my excuse was I kept getting busy with stuff and forgot to update. Confused Kinda if it’s working no rush.

But, when I get home I’ll update, and do the reset in that order. Hoping it all goes smoothly. Laughing I’ll keep the topic updated, thanks!
Alozaros
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2023 18:49    Post subject: Reply with quote
KALIROB2K6 wrote:
Alozaros wrote:

Okay, I’ll get that done today but for me, my excuse was I kept getting busy with stuff and forgot to update. Confused Kinda if it’s working no rush.

But, when I get home I’ll update, and do the reset in that order. Hoping it all goes smoothly. Laughing I’ll keep the topic updated, thanks!

The thing with updates is, DDWRT is quickly patching/fixing/updating lots of security holes, so sometimes updates are imminent/due/must... Cool

TP-Link WR1043NDv2 -Gargoyle OS 1.15.x AP,DNS,QoS,Quotas
Qualcomm-Atheros
Netgear XR500 --DD-WRT 55779 Gateway/DoH,Forced DNS,AP Isolation,4VLAN,Ad-Block,Firewall,Vanilla
Netgear R7800 --DD-WRT 55819 Gateway/DoT,AD-Block,Forced DNS,AP&Net Isolation,x3VLAN,Firewall,Vanilla
Netgear R9000 --DD-WRT 55779 Gateway/DoT,AD-Block,AP Isolation,Firewall,Forced DNS,x2VLAN,Vanilla
Broadcom
Netgear R7000 --DD-WRT 55460 Gateway/SmartDNS/DoH,AD-Block,Firewall,Forced DNS,x3VLAN,VPN
NOT USING 5Ghz ANYWHERE
------------------------------------------------------
Stubby DNS over TLS I DNSCrypt v2 by mac913
blkt
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2023 19:10    Post subject: Reply with quote
Clarification: ignore drop-down option or selection in webUI firmware upgrade tab keep it default, so do not reset.
Hardware reset, factory defaults or nvram erase && reboot is done after an upgrade to start over just choose one.

Be sure to clear history, or use new private window sessions, to avoid any webUI cache issues between the builds.
Here is a list of browsers and portables also command-line flash and nmrpflash recovery (github, readme & hints).

As always free to sit back, watch build threads or Trac SVN so there is no rush also other builds around the corner.

factory-to-dd-wrt.chk is for initial install from factory stock firmware but also used for TFTP or nmrpflash recovery.
netgear-r7000-webflash.bin is for DD-WRT web interface firmware upgrades, as well command-line flash methods.

Last edited by blkt on Wed Apr 12, 2023 23:18; edited 1 time in total
KALIROB2K6
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2023 23:18    Post subject: Reply with quote
Alozaros wrote:
KALIROB2K6 wrote:
Alozaros wrote:

The thing with updates is, DDWRT is quickly patching/fixing/updating lots of security holes, so sometimes updates are imminent/due/must... Cool

Whelp I’d rather have lots of updates than not enough. Laughing

blkt wrote:
Clarification: ignore drop-down option or selection in webUI firmware upgrade tab keep it default, so do not reset.
Hardware reset, factory defaults or nvram erase && reboot is done after an upgrade to start over just choose one.

Be sure to clear history, or use new private window sessions, to avoid any webUI cache issues between the builds.
Here is a list of browsers and portables also command-line flash and nmrpflash recovery (github, readme & hints).

As always free to sit back, watch build threads or Trac SVN so there is no rush with other builds around the corner.

factory-to-dd-wrt.chk is for initial install from factory stock firmware but also used for TFTP or nmrpflash recovery.
netgear-r7000-webflash.bin is for DD-WRT web interface firmware upgrades, as well command-line flash methods.

Oh so just do a regular firmware update in dd-wrt first, and don’t select to reset anything on the update with the dd-wrt firmware? And reset it on the reboot when it restarts? Sorry, I admit I’m only asking because it’s been a while and got myself a little nervous Embarassed
blkt
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2023 23:21    Post subject: Reply with quote
Not during upgrade, not during reboot, but after reading build r52306 in the upper right-hand corner of the webUI.

Confirmation, R7000 r52306 running well.
KALIROB2K6
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2023 23:37    Post subject: Reply with quote
blkt wrote:
Not during upgrade, not during reboot, but after reading build r52306 in the upper right-hand corner of the webUI.

Confirmation, R7000 r52306 running well.

Oh okay, so after updating to 52306! Thanks for clearing it up. Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: