DHCP Client list disappeared

Mikeis69
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2023 17:16    Post subject: DHCP Client list disappeared Reply with quote
Can anyone tell me what happened to my DHCP Client List. It all but one disappeared after changing my desktop to static IP. Here are some screenshots of the before and after. I tried to add both files I hope they both show up.

Status- Lan-After.PNG
 Description:
 Filesize:  55.19 KB
 Viewed:  825 Time(s)

Status- Lan-After.PNG

Status-Lan-Before.PNG
 Description:
 Filesize:  66.78 KB
 Viewed:  825 Time(s)

Status-Lan-Before.PNG

Sponsor
blkt
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2023 17:46    Post subject: Reply with quote
It will repopulate over time as clients connect or request new leases, also see uptime in both screenshots a reboot.
Mikeis69
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2023 18:14    Post subject: DHCP Client list disappeared Reply with quote
Do you mean the client lease time? Also that was after I rebooted the router.
blkt
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2023 18:38    Post subject: Reply with quote
As far as the router is concerned there are no DHCP client leases because after reboot these are not stored, lost.
I do not use static leases, but if needing some static IP addresses set them outside DHCP range avoiding conflict.

Anyway, as long as clients are working there is no need to go running around power cycling or rebooting devices.
Mikeis69
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2023 18:49    Post subject: DHCP Client list disappeared Reply with quote
Thank you for the information
kernel-panic69
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2023 4:21    Post subject: Reply with quote
What puzzles me is why you're running such an old version that doesn't seem to exist on any of the current download resources... v24-sp2 (10/10/09) is from 2009...
DD-WRT Releases 2023 (PolitePol)
DD-WRT Releases 2023 (RSS Everything)

----------------------
Linux User #377467 counter.li.org / linuxcounter.net
Mikeis69
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2023 13:20    Post subject: DHCP Client list disappeared Reply with quote
That's the version I started with and I can't remember who it was, but they had an article on how to install it to my router and make it a repeater. My router is an older WRT54G Linksys Router and so far everything works fine. I'm concerned about trying to upgrade and have everything not work. I use this computer along with this router for my PC in my room for all my cameras. I only run my cameras at night with Blue Iris software and use my PC during the day for everything else.Also I have no idea what to upgrade to or if I would have to figure everything out again.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> General Questions All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: