New Build - 03/08/2023 - r51976

blkt
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2023 14:49    Post subject: New Build - 03/08/2023 - r51976 Reply with quote
Welcome to x86 / x64 r51976 beta release thread for reporting, feedback to developers & community benefit.
Please do not flash builds until installation is understood, risks involved and device specific recovery methods.
Avoid discussions, create threads for questions, general problems or use search; this thread is not for support.
List router model & version or revision, operating & wireless modes & exact filename/firmware image flashed.

Note (by egc): if you use WireGuard and IPv6 better skip this build and wait for the next !

CLI Flash: 'cd /tmp' then 'wget {file URL}' (http only) or 'curl -O {file URL}' (http, https, ftp). 'write {file} linux' then 'reboot'.

Downloads: HTTPS, FTP

Trac SVN: repository since last build 51937 (mirror)

OpenVPN 2.6.0: Changelog, Guides, Server, PBR, DNS, Kill Switch, Watchdog, Reverse PBR, Client, Multiple, tips & scripts.
WireGuard 1.0.20211208/Tools: Changelog, Guides, Client, Server, Adv, PBR, KS, tips & scripts. Thanks BS egc & eibgrad!

Notes:
mDNS/Avahi ~2023 Unbound FW wolfSSL Tor PHP K FW WG NFS nDPI K OCR Plex * OpenSSL swconfig mwlwifi XMSN DRV
In-kernel SMB (ksmbd/tools 3.4.6/3.4.5): guest user is selectable. • WSD updateANTFS/NTFS3 kernel mode driver++++

Issues, observations, and/or workarounds reported:
WebUI: Clear history or use a portable. Temporary cache bypass: Ctrl+F5, Cmd+Shift+R or new private window/incognito.
Please report findings with steps needed to reproduce, configuration, clients, output, logs and important information below!

Important:
Detail issues & relevant configs, logs: syslog klog 'dmesg' 'cat /tmp/var/log/messages' nvram set console_debug=1, serial.
• Firewall NAT: 'iptables -vnL' 'iptables -t nat -vnL' 'iptables -t mangle -vnL' & 'cat /tmp/.ipt'. Misc: strace tcpdump wireshark.
• Gremlins: reboot. cold boot. Reset & reconfigure not restore backup. Search Trac & discuss in forum before opening tickets.
• Include operating & wireless modes (e.g. Gateway, Router, AP, SB, WDS, Mesh) and applicable configurations to reproduce.

Example Template:
Code:
[b]Router/Version: [/b]
[b]File/Kernel: [/b]
[b]Previous/Reset: [/b]
[b]Mode/Status: [/b]
[b]Issues/Errors: [/b]
Sponsor
Aar
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2023 21:37    Post subject: Reply with quote
Router/Version: i3-4170T
File/Kernel: dd-wrt_x64-webupgrade_full_vga_2GB.bin
Previous/Reset: 02-13-2023-r51679, No
Mode/Status: Gateway, Not working
Issues/Errors: After upgrading, the system does not boot. Reimaging the hard drive with r51679 fixes the issue.

I've tried newer builds and they've been failing to run on my system for about the past month. Unfortunately I do not have logging or even a display attached.

Cratebv212
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2023 13:55    Post subject: Reply with quote
I've been updating over the web ui for months without issue. I do disable my vpn and wifi radios before doing so. I only use chrome as well. This is on a dell inspiron 660 motherboard with i3 2120 with 2.4 and 5g wifi, 2 four port nics, and a small form factor case. I use to have problems with updates before I disabled the wifi and vpn and often wonder if a device was locking up the firmware or hardware causing failure.
LJH
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2023 16:14    Post subject: Reply with quote
Aar wrote:
Router/Version: i3-4170T
File/Kernel: dd-wrt_x64-webupgrade_full_vga_2GB.bin
Previous/Reset: 02-13-2023-r51679, No
Mode/Status: Gateway, Not working
Issues/Errors: After upgrading, the system does not boot. Reimaging the hard drive with r51679 fixes the issue.

I've tried newer builds and they've been failing to run on my system for about the past month. Unfortunately I do not have logging or even a display attached.

I get exactly the same problem and the last one I was able to successfully upgrade to using the UI was r50841. Ever since then it won't work for me.

I use a VMware VM and run the upgrade over http not https. I do not use DD-WRT for wireless at all and disconnect the VPN.

Monitoring the console output after trying to upgrade using the UI seems to suggest that as the system reboots after applying the firmware, it stops responding after trying to bring up one of the NICs.

If I run the upgrade through the CLI, after issuing the command to write filename.bin linux, I always get a message saying "bad trx header". It doesn't matter how many times I download the file or whether I use curl or wget, I always get a bad header message when trying to write.
LJH
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2023 22:29    Post subject: Reply with quote
Cratebv212 wrote:
I've been updating over the web ui for months without issue. I do disable my vpn and wifi radios before doing so. I only use chrome as well. This is on a dell inspiron 660 motherboard with i3 2120 with 2.4 and 5g wifi, 2 four port nics, and a small form factor case. I use to have problems with updates before I disabled the wifi and vpn and often wonder if a device was locking up the firmware or hardware causing failure.

I took a backup of settings and booted the machine off a Linux live boot disk. Wiped the disk and wrote the standard (not upgrade) and image to the disk and rebooted.

Restored settings, then tried to flash the latest webupgrade through the UI and it all worked normally.
Cratebv212
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2023 0:12    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thankfully with x86 we can't brick our devices. I did have lots of trouble about 2 years ago with upgrading on the ui. I changed out my motherboard to the 660 and haven't had a problem but have always done what I posted above since. Maybe some hardware doesn't play nice? I clone my drive before I upgrade (which is probable every 10 builds roughly) just in case I hit a snag. God forbid my house has no internet for more than an hour.
LJH
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2023 0:28    Post subject: Reply with quote
Agreed. I'm running it in vmware so a couple of seconds to take or restore a snapshot and I'm fine. Bit more involved with re-imaging the disk but even then it's not too long.

I've never had this issue in the past 6 years so hopefully won't see it again for a while, but as you said, at least we can't brick them!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> X86 based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: