Connection refused 2.4 Ghz every x time Tp Link Archer C7

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
wonder_wonder
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2023 11:24    Post subject: Reply with quote
Alozaros wrote:
nvram is the one that us see down at the sysinfo, is usually 32k or 64k and this is the ram where settings are saved..(you can reset router via command nvram erase)
sometimes when this ram is getting close to full capacity routers tend to behave odd...same is for the working ram...(your is 128MB )
as ram are based on blocks, there could be bad blocks on those too..
i can post you my 1043v2 WiFi config, if this will help you out.
there is a new build 51887...

Okay I understand.
Regarding the nvram, I don't remember what percentage was used, I don't remember... maybe if I have many configurations (I have many DHCP entries assigned with static ip) but not much else...
The ram, yes, it always works about 60-70% free.
Not bad blocks, as I indicated, I tried two exact models, I have a friend who has the same one as me, the same version, and I asked him if he could lend it to me for a few days. I had the same problem.
So I rule out hardware and UPS.

Regarding your configuration, with which you indicated in a post above, I think it will be enough for me, however, if you publish it, since our routers are "similar" it would guide me on that basis.

But I'm going to do that, I'm going to directly install the latest version, step by step, which I've seen has many new/different things.

Like always, thank you! Smile
Sponsor
Alozaros
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2023 13:19    Post subject: Reply with quote
"I have many DHCP entries assigned with static ip" - any of those entries for static names, that may contain special characters or spaces/intervals...or very long names..?

In general you can pass those static entries as a advanced dnsmasq rules lines, so it will be an easy to add or remove / reorder...

those will be in this format..(paste those in advanced dnsmasq box)

dhcp-host=xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx,first-PC,192.168.1.101,infinite

replace xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx with their mac address... Cool

also important is the number of dhcp clients allowed(basic setup page) and the time for those that are not static..i use 360 min, but for let say a coffee, where there could be lots of new clients i use 20 or 30 min... so, dhcpd (deamon) will restart and and those dhcp leases (IP's) that are heald will be free for use...again..

TP-Link WR1043NDv2 -Gargoyle OS 1.15.x AP,DNS,QoS,Quotas
Qualcomm-Atheros
Netgear XR500 --DD-WRT 55779 Gateway/DoH,Forced DNS,AP Isolation,4VLAN,Ad-Block,Firewall,Vanilla
Netgear R7800 --DD-WRT 55819 Gateway/DoT,AD-Block,Forced DNS,AP&Net Isolation,x3VLAN,Firewall,Vanilla
Netgear R9000 --DD-WRT 55779 Gateway/DoT,AD-Block,AP Isolation,Firewall,Forced DNS,x2VLAN,Vanilla
Broadcom
Netgear R7000 --DD-WRT 55460 Gateway/SmartDNS/DoH,AD-Block,Firewall,Forced DNS,x3VLAN,VPN
NOT USING 5Ghz ANYWHERE
------------------------------------------------------
Stubby DNS over TLS I DNSCrypt v2 by mac913
wonder_wonder
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2023 13:32    Post subject: Reply with quote
Alozaros wrote:
"I have many DHCP entries assigned with static ip" - any of those entries for static names, that may contain special characters or spaces/intervals...or very long names..?

The longest name in static DHCP entries has 18 characters, all are letters, and some have the "-" character, that's the only character they have. Blank space should not be, unless I have put it inadvertently...

Quote:
In general you can pass those static entries as a advanced dnsmasq rules lines, so it will be an easy to add or remove / reorder...

replace xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx with their mac address... Cool

I was unaware of this, I was completely unaware of it... I'll do that when I install this latest version of firmware (let's see if I'm capable xD)

Quote:
also important is the number of dhcp clients allowed(basic setup page) and the time for those that are not static..i use 360 min, but for let say a coffee, where there could be lots of new clients i use 20 or 30 min... so, dhcpd (deamon) will restart and and those dhcp leases (IP's) that are heald will be free for use...again..

I think I have 64 allowed, with a time of 120 minutes, before I had it in 24 hours, here only the things in my house are connected, in total, both by cable and by Wi-Fi, there will be no more than 10 or 12 devices, everything will I like to have it assigned as a static entry below the DHCP range (dhcp starts assigning from 192.168.1.100) and my static entries are below that 100, eg 192.168.1.10, so I know if there is an entry above 100, it is an entry not allowed, a way of knowing if my wifi has been "hacked" Cool
Alozaros
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2023 13:54    Post subject: Reply with quote
192.168.1.10 entries bellow 100 could be a problem...as dhcp usually starts from 100-255 and on the new builds BS made 2 different networks CIDR/ranges in order to host entries bellow 100, but those are way above 10...and this could be your issue.. if im not wrong let see Laughing

also those with 18 characters..names may be too long..but im also just guessing...

Qualcomm-Atheros
Netgear XR500 --DD-WRT 55779 Gateway/DoH,Forced DNS,AP Isolation,4VLAN,Ad-Block,Firewall,Vanilla
Netgear R7800 --DD-WRT 55819 Gateway/DoT,AD-Block,Forced DNS,AP&Net Isolation,x3VLAN,Firewall,Vanilla
Netgear R9000 --DD-WRT 55779 Gateway/DoT,AD-Block,AP Isolation,Firewall,Forced DNS,x2VLAN,Vanilla
Broadcom
Netgear R7000 --DD-WRT 55460 Gateway/SmartDNS/DoH,AD-Block,Firewall,Forced DNS,x3VLAN,VPN
NOT USING 5Ghz ANYWHERE
Alozaros
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2023 14:00    Post subject: Reply with quote
my basic and security settings on my 1043v2

Qualcomm-Atheros
Broadcom
NOT USING 5Ghz ANYWHERE
wonder_wonder
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2023 15:54    Post subject: Reply with quote
Alozaros wrote:
192.168.1.10 entries bellow 100 could be a problem...as dhcp usually starts from 100-255 and on the new builds BS made 2 different networks CIDR/ranges in order to host entries bellow 100, but those are way above 10...and this could be your issue.. if im not wrong let see Laughing

All my static entries are below .100 (which is where DHCP starts) but I thought back in the day, if DHCP is not running on these computers because they have static entry, what could be the problem? I never thought it could be a problem (and I could be wrong of course)

Later, when I configure with the new version, I'll put a screenshot of how I have everything xDD

Quote:
also those with 18 characters..names may be too long..but im also just guessing...

xDD, I can make them shorter of course xD
wonder_wonder
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2023 15:59    Post subject: Reply with quote
Alozaros wrote:
my basic and security settings on my 1043v2

Thanks for that,
I have been looking and your wifi configuration is almost identical to mine, (except for the things that do not appear in my old version) airtime is the difference although I also tried.

And in security we have it identical except for custom config, which I have never known, no matter how much I have read, I have never known, I thought I had to modify a file, I read the file and saw that it was like what I had, and I did not want to touch where shouldn't.

Then later, I'll start with the new version (I don't know whether to start with my old version and use your settings, or go directly to the latest version) configure everything and I'll post screenshots of everything, both the Wi-Fi and the rest, let's see if I'm missing something, it's been good for 2 or 3 years and all of a sudden...

And once again...thank you!
wonder_wonder
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2023 19:50    Post subject: Reply with quote
Quote:

replace xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx with their mac address..

Perhaps because of the hours and the long day of work, forgive me, I have not been able to find said section, advanced dnsmasq box. If it's in Additional Options... right under my nose...

I have configured everything, from 0, step by step, everything except the NAS issue, USB...everything related to the hard disk, the transfer is costing you life (I have connected it directly to my PC) and it is very slow . Sure enough, I had it on NTFS.
I transfer to my pc, convert to EXT4, create jffs partition and connect.

In the meantime, with your permission, I am leaving screenshots of everything I have configured (some I have not set as no-ip and some others without any relevance), they are a "few" images...

As I mentioned, now everything is there except everything related to the hard drive.
Please, if you see anything that needs to be tweaked to improve, in any way... I owe you at least a case of beer... xD
One thing caught my attention, in Wi-Fi security, if there is a custom for 2.4 but not for 5Ghz?

As always, very grateful!
Alozaros
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2023 11:06    Post subject: Reply with quote
ok i just had a look at your pics/config and spotted few things around that my arise to a questions..

as i can see you are using your own preferred DNS on basic setup page>WAN setup thick ignore wan dns this will ignore any other DNS fetched by autodhcp..

on the same page optional settings>shortcut forwarding engine turn it off (disable)..
-question , do you use by any chance QoS, as well as you said you use dlna this setting could interfere with those two...
-another question, if your ISP provided wan speed is ok, than you dont need SFE, otherwise its meant to accelerate packets thought the NAT and router can achieve better wan to NAT traffic,but it could also break few things...
in general this router has a single core CPU and services like dllna, QoS ans some others could eat its CPU totally...so for example if you have few clients at the same time using dlna or have QoS this will bottleneck the router

also on the same page i can see you disabled DNSmasq for DNS...are you using any other dns...
as DNSmasq is the back bone of the router you better enable it... use DNSmasq for DNS (enable)

You could also use forced DNS redirection option (enable), which means all clients of your router will use only the DNS you specified...in the x3 DNS box's

personally i stay away from 8.8.8.8 or 8.8.4.4 google DNS and i use 9.9.9.9 instead...a bit better and has some malware and other filters enabled by default...also 1.1.1.1 is not bad instead of 1.0.0.1 ... but its your personal choice at the end.. Laughing

same page down the bottom NTP time, just add ntp servers in their numerical form like just paste this line as it is: (click save and apply)

216.239.35.8 162.159.200.123

one is google ntp time the other is cloudflare ntp time IP's

WiFi basic settings 2.4Ghz:

Threshold - yours is 500 make it to 784 (or 980) 784 is half of the mtu size 1500
sensitivity ACK time - set it to 900 it show be either 450, 900 or 1350...

WiFi basic settings 5Ghz:

for 5Ghz there are only 6 valid 80Mhz blocks to use
36 + UU 48 + LL
52 + UU 64 + LL
100 + UU 112 + LL
116 + UU 128 + LL
132 + UU 144 + LL
149 + UU 161 + LL

or their low low values

i used to use 161 + LL when i used 5Ghz in the past..

on the same page:
override the chip set restrictions this is a new option and it will allow a stronger TX signal as some SoC have restrictions and there are also power restrictions based by country domain (your is Spain) with two word it will add more range to 5Ghz radio..(it will not cross the legal limit of the radio capabilities 30dbm) so you can try this option..too
Diassoc low ACK - i rather keep it disable as i had some troubles with it in the past with phones tablets dropping signal
Threshold - yours is 500 make it 784 or 980 Wink
bacon interval - 300
DTIM interval - 1

wifi security page:
Disable EAPOL key retries - enable (this was to mitigate an wifi attack)
for dropping clients there was an idea to increase the key renewal interval form 3600 up to 7200 or more... mine is at 3600 no problems so far so good...

custom config belongs only to 2.4Ghz sections
first 2 lines are related to the settings N/G mixed so it will broadcast only the correct rates N G only
But as some old devices need still B-rates and if you have devices like those you can set to Mixed instead of N/G mixed and try .. if you set to Mixed you don't need those 2 lines in custom config

the third line ap max inactivity is related to clients that have longer inactive time will not get dropped..you can set it to 600, 900 and more to try

you don't need this config for 5Gh only the 3 third line is applicable there of you have clients that are picky

Services page:

DHCP server set up > used domain> set it to lan & Wlan as you don't need your local DHCP over the WAN...

static names look ok as there are no intervals or special characters, just try with IP above 100..
as on the new builds BS the main developer made DHCP to consist 2 CDIR blocks..one that starts from a bit lower than 100 and the other is the standard /24 so try to give IP's like 100 and by 1 above..so it wont get messy...well at least what i do...nobody will hack your DHCP anyway and you can limit those client counts form basic setup page down to Max DHCP users so no new users or leave 1-2 for like a new users may be guests or something... mines are set to 16 or 24 or 50 or 128 depends form routers i use around...

same page

cache DNSSEC data - enable (this will cache the DNSSEC trust anchor locally
validate DNS reply DNSSEC - enable this will verify the DNS requests locally

at additional options (dnsmasq) you can add those few:
as those are useful and don't come by default (you can check them with google)

domain-needed
no-ping
no-negcache
filterwin2k
dhcp-option=43,01:04:00:00:00:02
dns-loop-detect
quiet-dhcp

same page:
as you use ssh you don't need telnet so disable it...as telnet is insecure and bad to use..unless you keep it for a reason...
also if you use SSh with password login, than make sure you have a long and complex password..
or as we all do, disable password SSh log in and use a key to authorize only...(its a bit more complex, but way more secure)..unless your SSh is not exposed over the WAN remote access than there is nothing to worry about..and can still use the password for SSh..

forwarding page :
im not sure if the forwarding rule is correct as the source is missing (im not using it so not very competent in this setting)

Administration > management page

Web Access section > i use only https http is disabled, also i have disabled enable infosite or if you use it at least set infosite pass protection...I just dont want to reveal my router and some of the settings..

Remote access section > dang, here it is a mess
Web UI management:
use HTTPS (DDWRT uses a self-signed certificate not very convenient for WAN access) if you use it you'd need to add your own and this is tricky and sketchy ...with the same success you can use remote management over SSh and tunnel inside the GUI
so, i rather disable this option as this means your router GUI is exposed to anyone on the internet

SSh management, as i wrote above with password login for SSh anyone can brute-force your SSh and take over your router...so, you better add a SSh key (download putty generator and generate ssh-ed25519 key add it to the SSh server section, you can even pass protect the ssh key itself)
i can see you already changed the SSh remote port (i use ssh port in the range from 40000-60000)

Telnet management - telnet is very fragile on brute-forcing and doesn't have any encryption so all commands are send in plane text and very easy to capture...you better disable it at least i would ve do it.. Smile

same page:

Network Stack Tuning
TCP time out i use 360 (this is the time when router will close those tcp connections that are idle ) 6 min is ok for me but some prefer longer times...if you have lots of clients and they tend to open lots of connections you can exceed your max set at 4096 very easy...
UDP time i set to 100 jut to make it quick as UDP is stateless protocol so connections are either running or not no need to stay in the cache...

TCP congestion control i set to Cubic as this is the native linux control and DDWRT is linux based
you can try with Vegas as it was my fav in the past...

enable sticky footer - disable ( i just like it old way )

commands section
start up script

no idea why do you need arp -s there anyway as you can use static addresses
as well arp -s may not even be present on your router...as BS tends to strip off some commands
in order to save flash space... i ve only used arp -a and that it... never tried -d or -s

that all i could say for now may be those settings i have/use are not the best, but never had any issues using those...you can always optimize set up and ect....

Qualcomm-Atheros
Broadcom
NOT USING 5Ghz ANYWHERE
ho1Aetoo
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2023 11:56    Post subject: Reply with quote
The channels listed here are all "valid".

https://wiki.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/QCA_wireless_settings#Extension_Channel

yes there are only 6 80 Mhz blocks in total.
But the blocks can be configured differently.
The 20Mhz and or the 40Mhz channel is different.

36+UU

primary 20Mhz channel= 36
40Mhz channel = 38
80Mhz channel = 42

40+UL

primary 20Mhz channel= 40
40Mhz channel = 38
80Mhz channel = 42

44+LU

primary 20Mhz channel= 44
40Mhz channel = 46
80Mhz channel = 42

48+LL

primary 20Mhz channel= 48
40Mhz channel = 46
80Mhz channel = 42

etc

from the 80mhz perspective it is the same block...
for 20Mhz devices it is 4 different channels
and for 40Mhz devices it is 2 different channels
dale_gribble39
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2023 15:09    Post subject: Reply with quote
Static leases must be in the DHCP pool range. Manually configured clients with static IP addresses must be outside the DHCP pool range.
And miles to go before I sleep." - Robert Frost

"I am one of the noticeable ones - notice me" - Dale Frances McKenzie Bozzio

<fact>code knows no gender</fact>

This is me, knowing I've ruffled your feathers, and not giving a ****
Some people are still hard-headed.

--------------------------------------
Mac Pro (Mid 2012) - Two 2.4GHz 6-Core Intel Xeon E5645 processors 64GB 1333MHz DDR3 ECC SDRAM OpenSUSE Leap 15.5
bushant
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2023 15:37    Post subject: Reply with quote
dale_gribble39 wrote:
Static leases must be in the DHCP pool range. Manually configured clients with static IP addresses must be outside the DHCP pool range.

Incorrect
should be outside the DHCP pool range
wonder_wonder
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2023 22:44    Post subject: Reply with quote
Alozaros wrote:
ok i just had a look at your pics/config and spotted few things around that my arise to a questions.....

I have waited this time to answer to see how it works with the new firmware and the new configuration, before continuing, thanks for your detailed post, it is appreciated, I owe you a case of beer Razz

I get the feeling that the new firmware is "too big" for this router. In general terms it works well, and you can tell the difference in the improvements it has but... when I ask for "more", it collapses.
For some reason, I no longer have the router reboot loopback, good!
I formatted my hard drive in ext3, all good but... if I start transferring data via samba (from my pc to the hard drive) it overloads, the cpu exceeds 100% and the ram runs out in a matter of seconds and the router crashes (total loss of connectivity and everything).
If I do an ftp transfer, the same thing happens, but it doesn't crash, the cpu goes from 100% and the ram goes down to 5% free.
And DLNA... I don't know if it's because it's in ext3 and file permissions, but when I start on my smartv... the same thing happens, the router goes all the way up to blockage.
Therefore, even if the Wi-Fi worked fine, I need it to be operational, perhaps it would be downgrading the firmware version and "cloning" the current configuration...

About Wi-Fi... the signal difference in the 5Ghz network has been brutal, it's incredible how much it has increased... simply brutal...
Although I had the problem again with the 2.4Ghz, but I have marked an option that I will indicate below and for the moment it is holding up.

Regarding what you name me:
Quote:
as i can see you are using your own preferred DNS on basic setup page>WAN setup thick ignore wan dns this will ignore any other DNS fetched by autodhcp..

Ok, thanks, checked the option.
Quote:
on the same page optional settings>shortcut forwarding engine turn it off (disable)..

Ok, perfect, are disabled now.
Quote:
-question , do you use by any chance QoS, as well as you said you use dlna this setting could interfere with those two...

No, any change QoS.
Quote:
-another question, if your ISP provided wan speed is ok, than you dont need SFE, otherwise its meant to accelerate packets thought the NAT and router can achieve better wan to NAT traffic,but it could also break few things...
in general this router has a single core CPU and services like dllna, QoS ans some others could eat its CPU totally...so for example if you have few clients at the same time using dlna or have QoS this will bottleneck the router

This was a parameter that I did not know, I have deactivated it as I commented above, if I notice that the speed drops somewhat in the speed test, but if the performance of the router improves, it stays that way.
Quote:
also on the same page i can see you disabled DNSmasq for DNS...are you using any other dns...
as DNSmasq is the back bone of the router you better enable it... use DNSmasq for DNS (enable)

If I enabled this, I lose my ISP options regarding TV, I lose VOD, 7 days ago and recordings (which are in the cloud). It is a problem that the users of my ISP have if we use ddrwt, we have to disable this option to have all the cloud options that the ISP provides us on tv services.
Quote:
You could also use forced DNS redirection option (enable), which means all clients of your router will use only the DNS you specified...in the x3 DNS box's

This is curious, if I mark it as you indicate, I lose browsing the internet, I stop browsing, I have loss of navigation...
Quote:
personally i stay away from 8.8.8.8 or 8.8.4.4 google DNS and i use 9.9.9.9 instead...a bit better and has some malware and other filters enabled by default...also 1.1.1.1 is not bad instead of 1.0.0.1 ... but its your personal choice at the end..

Changed, the ones you comment on are always better because of what you comment on, and also, it was something I was unaware of (about 9.9.9.9) Smile
Quote:
same page down the bottom NTP time, just add ntp servers in their numerical form like just paste this line as it is: (click save and apply)

216.239.35.8 162.159.200.123

one is google ntp time the other is cloudflare ntp time IP's

Changed Smile

Quote:
WiFi basic settings 2.4Ghz:

Threshold - yours is 500 make it to 784 (or 980) 784 is half of the mtu size 1500

My mistake, I dialed 784 but apparently I didn't save changes correctly and it stayed at 500, I know it must be at 784, it was a mistake...

Quote:

I thought 200 was better, I read in the ddwrt wiki that 200 was better... also changed Smile

Quote:
WiFi basic settings 5Ghz:

for 5Ghz there are only 6 valid 80Mhz blocks to use
36 + UU 48 + LL
52 + UU 64 + LL
100 + UU 112 + LL
116 + UU 128 + LL
132 + UU 144 + LL
149 + UU 161 + LL

Changed to 52 + UU

The other points that you mention, configured and understood, thanks for the clarification and indication.
About this;
Quote:
bacon interval - 300
DTIM interval - 1

So I put it in 5Ghz, but in 2.4Ghz I put 200 and DTIM 2, better 300 and DTIM 1, right?

Quote:
Services page:

DHCP server set up > used domain> set it to lan & Wlan as you don't need your local DHCP over the WAN...

Ok, perfect! Smile

Quote:
same page

cache DNSSEC data - enable (this will cache the DNSSEC trust anchor locally
validate DNS reply DNSSEC - enable this will verify the DNS requests locally

at additional options (dnsmasq) you can add those few:
as those are useful and don't come by default (you can check them with google)

domain-needed
no-ping
no-negcache
filterwin2k
dhcp-option=43,01:04:00:00:00:02
dns-loop-detect
quiet-dhcp

Again, thanks for the instructions and explanations, changed as you indicate.
They are concepts that I did not know, I have looked at them, it is to improve, thank you.

Quote:
same page:
as you use ssh you don't need telnet so disable it...as telnet is insecure and bad to use..unless you keep it for a reason...
also if you use SSh with password login, than make sure you have a long and complex password..
or as we all do, disable password SSh log in and use a key to authorize only...(its a bit more complex, but way more secure)..unless your SSh is not exposed over the WAN remote access than there is nothing to worry about..and can still use the password for SSh..

Right, absolutely right, I don't need to telnet, I have ssh, so disabled.
Regarding the SSH configuration, I will proceed with it, now I have prioritized the configuration that you indicate and the wifi issue, to see if it is solved.
Quote:
forwarding page :
im not sure if the forwarding rule is correct as the source is missing (im not using it so not very competent in this setting)

I have never known what to put in source either, but it has always worked for me, I obviously use it for WOL, and it has worked like this, I have always had it like this...

Quote:
Administration > management page

Web Access section > i use only https http is disabled, also i have disabled enable infosite or if you use it at least set infosite pass protection...I just dont want to reveal my router and some of the settings..

Remote access section > dang, here it is a mess
Web UI management:
use HTTPS (DDWRT uses a self-signed certificate not very convenient for WAN access) if you use it you'd need to add your own and this is tricky and sketchy ...with the same success you can use remote management over SSh and tunnel inside the GUI
so, i rather disable this option as this means your router GUI is exposed to anyone on the internet

SSh management, as i wrote above with password login for SSh anyone can brute-force your SSh and take over your router...so, you better add a SSh key (download putty generator and generate ssh-ed25519 key add it to the SSh server section, you can even pass protect the ssh key itself)
i can see you already changed the SSh remote port (i use ssh port in the range from 40000-60000)

Telnet management - telnet is very fragile on brute-forcing and doesn't have any encryption so all commands are send in plane text and very easy to capture...you better disable it at least i would ve do it..

ok in all this, made the indicated changes, and again, thanks for the explanations Smile

Quote:
same page:

Network Stack Tuning
TCP time out i use 360 (this is the time when router will close those tcp connections that are idle ) 6 min is ok for me but some prefer longer times...if you have lots of clients and they tend to open lots of connections you can exceed your max set at 4096 very easy...
UDP time i set to 100 jut to make it quick as UDP is stateless protocol so connections are either running or not no need to stay in the cache...

TCP congestion control i set to Cubic as this is the native linux control and DDWRT is linux based
you can try with Vegas as it was my fav in the past...

enable sticky footer - disable ( i just like it old way )

Concepts that I was completely unaware of...in a way I felt a bit stupid, I thought I knew more, but after reading the post...I just know that I don't know anything Smile

Quote:
commands section
start up script

no idea why do you need arp -s there anyway as you can use static addresses
as well arp -s may not even be present on your router...as BS tends to strip off some commands
in order to save flash space... i ve only used arp -a and that it... never tried -d or -s

With my previous version, when I searched years ago, the -s was the one that works for me to leave a permanent arp table.
Without arp -s, despite having a static address, the entry does not remain permanent for WOL, for example, with arp -s, it remains permanent even if I turn off my PC and WOL works for me, that is the reason.

Quote:
that all i could say for now may be those settings i have/use are not the best, but never had any issues using those...you can always optimize set up and ect....

You don't know how much I appreciate it, as I said before, I owe you a case of beer Razz

Although I have indicated, I post the images of how it is now, especially the wifi issue, the only difference, I have activated "Noise Immunity" and it seems that now it has been working for more hours without problems, let's wait and see if it lasts, if it lasts 2, 3 or 4 days, so I think that it would be solved, I would "clone" this configuration to a previous version, a pity, because it looks much improved, but samba and DLNA are not working well for me, I use FTP to transfer a simple 1 file or 2 gb, and I have seen that happen, cpu at maximum and ram memory drop. With the previous version (the one from 2019) this did not happen.
Ahh, I forgot, nvram, it doesn't exceed 22kb.

Thanks a lot!

Last edited by wonder_wonder on Thu Mar 02, 2023 22:59; edited 1 time in total
wonder_wonder
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2023 22:46    Post subject: Reply with quote
ho1Aetoo wrote:
The channels listed here are all "valid".

https://wiki.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/QCA_wireless_settings#Extension_Channel

yes there are only 6 80 Mhz blocks in total.
But the blocks can be configured differently.
The 20Mhz and or the 40Mhz channel is different.

36+UU

primary 20Mhz channel= 36
40Mhz channel = 38
80Mhz channel = 42

40+UL

primary 20Mhz channel= 40
40Mhz channel = 38
80Mhz channel = 42

44+LU

primary 20Mhz channel= 44
40Mhz channel = 46
80Mhz channel = 42

48+LL

primary 20Mhz channel= 48
40Mhz channel = 46
80Mhz channel = 42

etc

from the 80mhz perspective it is the same block...
for 20Mhz devices it is 4 different channels
and for 40Mhz devices it is 2 different channels

Thanks for this info!
wonder_wonder
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2023 22:48    Post subject: Reply with quote
bushant wrote:
dale_gribble39 wrote:

Incorrect
should be outside the DHCP pool range

I have always thought the same thing, the static entries outside the DHCP range, that is why this DHCP is used to assign entries, if I assign them manually and in a fixed way, outside of that range. I think that in case of conflict, dhcp will never conflict with the entries that I have assigned statically.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 2 of 3
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: