Clients with multiple interfaces same static IP

Fennectech
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2023 23:24    Post subject: Clients with multiple interfaces same static IP Reply with quote
i have a Nintendo switch and a few laptops which id like to assign the same IP address to each device even though they can connect via multiple interfaces but the us doesn’t allow multiple entries with the same interface. Could you allow multiple entires to have the same IP address and warn the user that this could cause issues instead of outright blocking it. These devices will never connect to the network on multiple interfaces at a time. but id like to have them use the same staticky assigned IP no matter what interface they are using.
Sponsor
DWCruiser
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2023 22:01    Post subject: Reply with quote
Let me understand what you want by using a post office analogy.

If i am not wrong, you want all people in your household to be able to i) sign for it, and ii)receive the package which is addressed to 'John Citizen' whenever it's delivered by the postman.

While in legal practice, it may be possible that someone would first need to have John Citizen's power of attorney (PoA) to receive it.

The router in your household is kinda the postman. The problem is that the router cannot read a PoA.Razz Well, NOT without changing the internal coding of a particular router that needs to observe IT protocols in the first place for it to work. Cool

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2023 8:14    Post subject: Reply with quote
What prevents you from entering them into Additinal Dnsmasq Options?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Advanced Networking All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: