Belkin N1 vision : sources and toolchain available

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 19, 20, 21  Next

Do we need DD-WRT on the Belkin N1 vision?
yes
94%
 94%  [ 217 ]
no
5%
 5%  [ 13 ]
Total Votes : 230

Hamstav
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 2:20    Post subject: Disabling SNTP on Belkin Vision N1 Reply with quote
I have the same problem as this user :

Quote:
hey can you help me out? i just bought a belkin n1 vision (FD8232) wireless router and have been having problems with online game like cabal online, world of warcraft etc..

this was my post on another forum but no one could help me.. now that i found this thread, i was thinking if il be able to disable the router's automatic SNTP..

I just posted my report on warcraft official forum : http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.html?topicId=8430135692&sid=1

m4n later replied
Quote:
You can do whatever you want from the http://192.168.2.1/wukongjiuwo.html hidden admin page like killing sntp.

But there never was a follow up on the command needed to kill sntp on this router. If anyone could help on this it would be very appreciated.
Sponsor
nexy33
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 23:20    Post subject: Reply with quote
use ps and hit enter to list the running process's
there will be one listed with ntp and your time offset
use kill <processid here>
mine was kill 787 so far so good no more disco's
btw this is temp do not hit the apply settings button on the hidden admin page it resets the router if you reset you will have to reapply this hope this helps Smile
skate3214
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 13:43    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hey there new to the forums :)

I had to create and account since I just found out something interesting with the N1 Vision, if you press the reset button on the back once so it says "Restarting the Router" then quickly press it in again and hold it in a message will come up on the screen saying "Download Mode...". I don't know what this means or of what use it could be but (or even if it's already known Razz) I thought I'd share it with you.
JamesBond
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 13:50    Post subject: Reply with quote
I'sorry but I'm confused, I read so many info and also the supported hardware pages but still don't know if I can use right way the V24 on Belnkin N1 vision??!?!?!

If yes, can anyone explain what file to get from the so many diferent versions and what to do?

Thanks.
cytec
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 7:36    Post subject: Reply with quote
I think it would be great if dd-wrt was available for the N1 vision. Does anyone have an approximate time frame for it being ready?
marvan
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 3:22    Post subject: Reply with quote
I believe benh is busy on it. Very Happy
benh
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 5:38    Post subject: Reply with quote
not that much actually... it's sitting on my desk with the serial port plugged but I haven't had a chance to try building/booting a kernel on it yet.

In fact, I haven't dug yet to find where that other platform port for that chip is, to use as a starting point....

Mostly too busy with other things so far.
alanbir
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 18:35    Post subject: Reply with quote
This is great. I want to personally send donations if we can get this running. I should have gone with the WRT54G. This router is crap. The routing is very slow. It can't ping it's loop back address if it had to. Wired is ok i guess, I am running on gigabit Ethernet.
madcran
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 9:46    Post subject: Keeps crashing :-( Reply with quote
Hey all! I'm pretty new to the forum and have successfully loaded DD-WRT on a free WRT54G 1.1 (even after almost bricking it) I received from a client and now I would love to get it on my N1 Vision. The N1 router is so bad right now, it latches onto my MAC address and won't let me reconnect OR it drops all wireless signals and I have to unplug it to get it back up and running. This is so annoying, I want Wireless N and Gigabit Ethernet, but I am forced to use my WRT54G (of course it is awesome now that is has DD-WRT.) So whenever you get one for it, I will be on the edge of my seat watching the forum. I WILL donate and/or buy something from the store if you can get it working. I would love to donate my time, but I can't program my way out of a box. So if there is anything I can do to help, please let me know.
Sash
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 15:49    Post subject: Reply with quote
we need one here in germany for the port
&
RTFM/STFW
&
Throw some buzzwords into the WIKI search Exclamation

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 21:34    Post subject: Reply with quote
Heh mate, either getting one in germany, or pointing me to those other sources you talked about as I asked earlier Smile

I'm pretty busy but I still have my stuff all wired and ready to do some hacking and I -am- an experience kernel hacker... So there are chances that I can get from whatever you have for another device using the same chipset to booting on that N1.

Sorry if it can be found behind a link somewhere on some web page or whatever, I didn't find last time I looked and I don't have time to spend a day roaming the web for that stuff.
Sash
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 8:45    Post subject: Reply with quote
in germany this piece of hw is about 160€. this is pretty much. so just buying one for playing is not an option Wink
the easiest way to get this working if u wanna do it is to talk to brainslayer directly.
email him and ask for help

&
RTFM/STFW
&
Throw some buzzwords into the WIKI search Exclamation

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 19:07    Post subject: n1 vision firmware source code Reply with quote
The source code has been released under the GPL and can be found:

http://www.belkin.com/uk/support/article/?lid=enu&pid=F5D8232uk4&aid=10243&scid=282

I hope this helps getting DD-WRT on this crappy router.

soto
benh
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 22:40    Post subject: Reply with quote
Unfortunately, when I looked at that source package, the kernel sources had been stripped of various .o files relevant to the platform code for this chipset, GPIO handling, etc...

It's done in a sneaky way it seems... from what I've seen, if you just "make" the kernel, it will pick up .o files there and will build. If you make clean first tho, it will fail.

This is a GPL violation of course but Belkin seems to be used to that sort of shit and doesn't care. I don't have time to try to go after them on this one. I was thinking about just reverse-engineering those .o files with missing .c to figure out what GPIO are toggled in what context etc... or just use the oscillo and see what happens when I toggle various GPIOs :-)

Anyway, I'll see if I can find that other atheros based port and start digging as soon as I manage to find some spare time, maybe next week.
alanbir
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 21:24    Post subject: Reply with quote
good to know your working on it. Let me know if you have a paypal, ill donate. You will be a life saver. My brother would be willing to help program. If there is anything you need let me know so I can get him in the forums. He is very good. Lets just say that.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 19, 20, 21  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 4 of 21
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: