Having trouble getting partition 2 on a wrt1900acs to boot

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Marvell MVEBU based Hardware (WRT1900AC etc.)
briantho
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2023 5:04    Post subject: Having trouble getting partition 2 on a wrt1900acs to boot Reply with quote
Hi, somehow my wrt1900acs is messed up and only partition 1 is booting. I'm trying to get the stock firmware back, as I'm having problems with dd-wrt randomly causing connection issues with whatsapp and wifi calling. The thing is, it seems like partition 2 is messed up or corrupt or something.

when i run "ubootenv get boot_part"
I get a 1 as a responce. I try and set it to boot partition 2, but upon reboot all lights on the router remain off, except for port 1. at this point, i can't ping the router, nor telnet, nor access via the internal web page. I am able to get back to dd-wrt by cycling the power switch several times. I've tried to return to stock linksys firmware via dd-wrt's web upgrade, but that always results in the same no lights, no ping, no web access scenario. I then power cycle several times and then I am able to get back to dd-wrt. I've tried resetting dd-wrt to factory defaults, and the web upgrade several times now. It simply fails to boot partition 2. I've also tried flashing via ssh, but that doesn't seem to work either.

here's the commands I've tried to get ssh flashing working.
cd /tmp
wget https://downloads.linksys.com/downloads/firmware/FW_WRT1900ACSV2_2.0.1.177097_prod.img
ubootenv set boot_part 2
write FW_WRT1900ACSV2_2.0.1.177097_prod.img linux2 &

during the write, however i get "flash : FW_WRT1900ACSV2_2.0.1.177097_prod.img: Bad trx header"

at this point, I'm stuck. Anyone got any ideas?
Again this is a wrt1900acs v2, and it seems no matter what I do partition 2 will not boot
Sponsor
briantho
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2023 5:09    Post subject: Reply with quote
almost forgot to say that i'm running v3.0-r44715 std. My computers OS is windows 11, and I've tried web flashing stock via palemoon and firefox. both succeed, but still the router does not boot
blkt
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2023 12:40    Post subject: Reply with quote
2.0.1.177097 is old for WRT1900ACS V2. If yours has newer revision flash 2.0.2.188405 new cpu 2.0.3.201002.
Unlikely stock will "fix" simply flash latest available and instead focus on configuration, clients maybe some logs.
Four hardware revisions of WRT1900AC series make sure the correct Model No. bottom label, upper-right corner.

Be sure you are flashing the correct webflash.bin for the specific model and version router. Stock FW use webUI.
About CLI flash no need to set boot_part before flashing. Use "linux" only and it writes to the alternate partition.

We are at r51506 at this moment, see links above, but only maybe if necessary can use a fallback build r50927.
From build r44715, suggest factory defaults tab after successful upgrade or nvram erase && reboot from Telnet.
briantho
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2023 16:56    Post subject: Reply with quote
OK, it's back up and running stock now. I first flashed the latest dd-wrt for the wrt1900acs v2, factory reset, then proceeded to upgrade with the 2.0.3.201002 stock firmware. Now it's back up and running. Thanks
blkt
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2023 17:05    Post subject: Reply with quote
briantho wrote:
OK, it's back up and running stock now. I first flashed the latest dd-wrt for the wrt1900acs v2, factory reset,
I thought you were going to stop here. Wink Build r51506 currently reports two WRT1900ACS V2 users no problems.
briantho wrote:
then proceeded to upgrade with the 2.0.3.201002 stock firmware. Now it's back up and running. Thanks
Stock firmware has an option to restore previous firmware, this is the webUI equivalent of set boot_part alternate.
Keep in mind any partition switch, dd-wrt <-> stock firmware, to reset or factory default settings then reconfigure.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Marvell MVEBU based Hardware (WRT1900AC etc.) All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: