How to switch to vanilla firmware for wireless (Archer C7)?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
adFFhd1
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2022 17:06    Post subject: How to switch to vanilla firmware for wireless (Archer C7)? Reply with quote
TP-Link ARCHER-C7 v5
Firmware Version:
DD-WRT v3.0-r50308 std (10/01/22)
Kernel Version:
Linux 3.18.140-d6 #154321

I understand from reading these forums that it would probably make sense for me to use the manufacturer's firmware (called vanilla firmware on this forum) for wlan0 and wlan1 because
(1) the additional "channel width" options of Half (10 MHz) & Quarter (5 MHz) are not of interest to me; and
(2) auto ACK Timing is not of interest to me.

I do see the additional settings in the GUI so I assume that I'm running the DD-WRT firmware. How do I change to the "vanilla" firmware?
Sponsor
kernel-panic69
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2022 18:10    Post subject: Reply with quote
The setting to switch should be in the wireless settings. It will either say DD-WRT or Vanilla in a drop-down. I didn't know this was available on anything but R7500, R7800, R9000, and EA8500.
DD-WRT Releases 2023 (PolitePol)
DD-WRT Releases 2023 (RSS Everything)

----------------------
Linux User #377467 counter.li.org / linuxcounter.net
ho1Aetoo
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2022 18:34    Post subject: Reply with quote
The selection is only available for ath10k chipsets, so only for your 5Ghz radio.
Under the advanced settings there is the option "firmware type" there you can change the radio firmware from "dd-wrt" to "vanilla".

And no this is not the "manufacturer" firmware / not the radio firmware TP-Link uses for your router but depending on the build an unmodified current firmware from Qualcomm (the chip manufacturer).
adFFhd1
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2022 19:06    Post subject: Reply with quote
ho1Aetoo wrote:
The selection is only available for ath10k chipsets, so only for your 5Ghz radio.
Under the advanced settings there is the option "firmware type" there you can change the radio firmware from "dd-wrt" to "vanilla".

And no this is not the "manufacturer" firmware / not the radio firmware TP-Link uses for your router but depending on the build an unmodified current firmware from Qualcomm (the chip manufacturer).

You are right. The setting is only available under 5 GHz. That setting shows instead of the setting where you choose the region.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: