New Build - 10/26/2022 - r50671

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
IONK
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2022 13:40    Post subject: Reply with quote
Anonymous DD-WRT User wrote:
Unless someone wants to take on that task, I personally dont have time to do it.

And like already said, any component upgrades from really old components like iadyn from 2005 1.6.x to current 2.9.1 will be safe to assume that its not going to be backwards compatible. Semantic versioning determines this.

https://www.geeksforgeeks.org/introduction-semantic-versioning/

This is permanently beta firmware and sometimes shit happens, and cannot be avoided, I spent considerable time testing this and only some parts were broken on custom stuff which I dont use, heck I dont use ddns and I was the one who pushed the upgrade due to many services being broken by default in relation to a thread opened related to ddns sync delays.

I'm not trying to blame anyone. There's already a warning on the first post:
blkt wrote:
Please do not flash builds until installation is understood, risks involved and device specific recovery methods.
It's impossible for internal testing to cover all cases, and the build needs to be released to public at some point. But I feel that if the users know what are the things to watch out for, then it will save a lot of time troubleshooting if there's issue.
In my case, the AP router is at the remote location, and suddenly lighttpd webserver stopped responding and I couldn't access via Wireguard or SSH. There could be so many reasons for these behaviours, but if I knew beforehand that there's a major change in DDNS then that would be the first thing to check. Moreover, if I knew that Dynu was added as one drop-down option then I would gladly help to test when I was still sitting next to my AP router.

For people working behind the scene, just a glance at the code changes/commit messages is enough to tell what's happening, but it's not so trivial for other people. Without knowing there are changes at DDNS config page, how can users test? There are new DDNS providers added to DDNS page, but if users are not aware and keep using the "Custom" config, then what's the point of adding new providers?

jbkt23
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2022 22:46    Post subject: r50671 Reply with quote
Router/Version: ArcherC7v5
File/Kernel: DD-WRT v3.0-r50671 std (10/26/22) / Linux 3.18.140-d6 #156740
Previous/Reset: r50308 / No
Mode/Status: AP / Lan Gateway / Running Up 4 Hrs
Issues/Errors: None / None
Functions: DNS, DNSMasq, dhcp
Radio Firmware: 2.4G dd-wrt 5G Vanilla
2.4 Ghz Status: NG-Mixed, 4 (2427 MHz HT20), 12µs (1800m)
5 Ghz Status: Mixed, 48 + 44 (5240 MHz HT40), 12µs (1800m)

Upgrade via CLI, curl, write & reboot

Up 7 hours.

I opted not to install r50755 due to the reported graphic issues. So a month from now I'll have to evaluate the candidates again. Simple set up makes for simpler decisions.

DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2022 22:53    Post subject: Reply with quote
Up and stable for 33+ hours. No issues or hiccups. The "error" indicator on wifi is harmless. Good build!. Thanks, BrainSlayer and Team
Linux 4.9.337 #715 SMP Mon Mar 25 06:15:53 +07 2024 armv7l
Gateway, AP, DNSMasq, Clock 2000MHz
VAP on wlan1 for internet devices
IPv4 & IPv6 (Prefix Delegation)
Static Leases & DHCP
CloudFlare, no SFE, SmartDNS, no QoS
2.4GHz: Vanilla, Airtime Fairness, NG-Mixed, ACK Timing 3150, WPA2 w/AES & WPA3
5GHz: Vanilla, Airtime Fairness, AC/N Mixed, ACK Timing 3150, WPA2 w/AES & WPA3
2 Netgear AX1800 WiFi Mesh Extenders
Xfinity 1.2Gbps/35Mbps
the-joker
DD-WRT Developer/Maintainer

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2022 10:40    Post subject: Re: r50671 Reply with quote
jbkt23 wrote:
I opted not to install r50755 due to the reported graphic issues. So a month from now I'll have to evaluate the candidates again. Simple set up makes for simpler decisions.

No need, -r50786 has been tested well and while inadyn is not perfect yet since it was only introduced a few days ago, there are no interface issues.

DD-WRT Inspired themes for the SVN Trac & FTP site
Join in for a chat @ #style_it_themes_public:matrix.org or #style_it_themes:discord

DD-WRT UI Themes Bug Reporting and Discussion thread

Router: ANus RT-AC68U E1 (recognized as C1)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 Display posts from previous:    Page 3 of 3
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: