DD-WRT v3.0-r50500 std (10/13/22) - Linksys EA8500 -

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
fhussa
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2022 12:13    Post subject: Reply with quote
First of all my version is this Firmware: DD-WRT v3.0-r50500 std (10/13/22) and is not getting upgrade too from web gui as ssh is blocked. Secondly whatso ever I write is correct. Yesterday I tried to get the ddns worked out with cloudn.net customer team but failed, I spend hours on it and mostly this software is locked. Even when I used mtd to unlock and write new firmware it denied. So if you know, how I can get rid of this software and get my router back to stock firmware let me know. Secondly this site is full of adds, and its sucks to work here with all these confusing adds.
Sponsor
egc
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2022 12:49    Post subject: Reply with quote
Well I have no adds because I use an add blocker Smile

Like I said not all DDNS providers work with the inadyn version we currently have (an update is under way), but your other problems I cannot confirm.

I have to look up how to get back to stock, never done that as stock sucks Wink

Forum Guide Lines (important read):https://forum.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=324087
blkt
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2022 12:53    Post subject: Reply with quote
https://mrjcd.com/EA8500_DD-WRT/EA8500revert.html but really you should be learning how to configure DD-WRT.

Edit: https://forum.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=998741#998740

Last edited by blkt on Sun Oct 23, 2022 13:10; edited 2 times in total
fhussa
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2022 13:00    Post subject: Reply with quote
Ah! so you admit this software is not workable with all ddns providers. Secondly when I connect my iphone on its wifi, it give me these ip 172.20.197.181, s/net 255.255.248.0 and router 172.20.192.1. Whereas the router is set to 192.168.10.0 range. Further any new device I connect with router get same range of iPs and then I have to do manual configuration with static ips. Can you help me out why this router with this software is giving such ips where as it is connected with ISP.
ho1Aetoo
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2022 13:08    Post subject: Reply with quote
Sorry I still have no idea what you are talking about.

Quote:
DD-WRT v3.0-r50500 std (10/13/22) and is not getting upgrade too from web gui as ssh is blocked.

What does a WebIF upgrade have to do with ssh?

First, telnet is enabled by default.
Then ssh can be activated at any time "service tab".

Note: do not use ssh key authentication on this build because it is broken (fixed in 50579 https://svn.dd-wrt.com/changeset/50579)

Quote:
Secondly this site is full of adds, and its sucks to work here with all these confusing adds.

I don't see any adds - probably because I use an addblocker.

Quote:
Secondly the DHCP of this software is not issuing IP addresses rather giving ip address of internal system, not as defined in ip pool. port forwarding and ddns also not working as soon you put any thing dhcp get confused and no surfing to internet remain available. dns is also not resolving all the addresses.

As someone who knows dnsmasq relatively well I can assure you that the DCHP does what it is told.

dnsmasq does not resolve addresses but forwards the requests to the configured upstream server.
If the upstream server does not resolve the addresses this is not due to dnsmasq

It is honestly also an absolute mystery to me what a port forwarding should have to do with DHCP.

Quote:
Ah! so you admit this software is not workable with all ddns providers. Secondly when I connect my iphone on its wifi, it give me these ip 172.20.197.181, s/net 255.255.248.0 and router 172.20.192.1. Whereas the router is set to 192.168.10.0 range. Further any new device I connect with router get same range of iPs and then I have to do manual configuration with static ips. Can you help me out why this router with this software is giving such ips where as it is connected with ISP.

Probably because you have misconfigured the router.
Screenshots?
Screenshot of "Setup > Basic Setup"?
fhussa
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2022 13:19    Post subject: Reply with quote
ho1Aetoo wrote:
Sorry I still have no idea what you are talking about.

Quote:
DD-WRT v3.0-r50500 std (10/13/22) and is not getting upgrade too from web gui as ssh is blocked.

What does a WebIF upgrade have to do with ssh? This is what I am facing, I wrote the same.

First, telnet is enabled by default.
Then ssh can be activated at any time "service tab". "Not possible I spend hours to make it enabled from services tab"

Note: do not use ssh key authentication on this build because it is broken (fixed in 50579 https://svn.dd-wrt.com/changeset/50579)

Quote:
Secondly this site is full of adds, and its sucks to work here with all these confusing adds.

I don't see any adds - probably because I use an addblocker.

Quote:
Secondly the DHCP of this software is not issuing IP addresses rather giving ip address of internal system, not as defined in ip pool. port forwarding and ddns also not working as soon you put any thing dhcp get confused and no surfing to internet remain available. dns is also not resolving all the addresses.

As someone who knows dnsmasq relatively well I can assure you that the DCHP does what it is told. (dnsmasq is enabled by default and on basic setup it can be disabled but in services tab when I tried to disabled it and reboot, it again get selected.

dnsmasq does not resolve addresses but forwards the requests to the configured upstream server.
If the upstream server does not resolve the addresses this is not due to dnsmasq

It is honestly also an absolute mystery to me what a port forwarding should have to do with DHCP.

Quote:

Probably because you have misconfigured the router.
Screenshot of "Setup > Basic Setup"?

Let me guess you have configured dnsmasq as DHCP forwarder?
ho1Aetoo
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2022 14:24    Post subject: Reply with quote
As said please post screenshots.

"Setup > Basic Setup
"Services"

At best from all pages where you have made changes.
Otherwise it makes little sense because we are not clairvoyants.

If this is too complicated for you then you have to reset the router and start from scratch.

No idea why you want to disable dnsmasq, dnsmasq provides basic functions like DHCP and DNS.

Basically you do not have to set much because the firmware has a reasonable default configuration.

1. reset router
2. enter PPPoE data
3. ignore WAN DNS
4. static DNS1 e.g. 8.8.8.8
5. tag eth0 with 24
6. assign WAN port eth0.24
7. configure WLAN (you have to configure a lot Smile)

Somewhere the address range "172.20.197.181" must come from if you didn't configure it, probably from your modem or ISP.
Anyway something is wrong configured like DHCP disabled in dd-wrt router.

Or the still disabled WAN Port stuff that no one can understand.
fhussa
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2022 7:26    Post subject: Reply with quote
The problem is I think on network page, the screen shot of the same is attached. When the software boot if factory default mode, the bridge have eth1,wlan1 and wlan 2. However this value remain same till I login with my ISP via PPPoe connection.
After logging to ISP and on reboot the value change and eth0 included in the bridge which cause the problem, the two dhcp servers collided here. However, in dhcp connection with ISP it did not effect and the router works well on wireless as well as with other clients and also issue ips correctly. but with PPPoe connection router dchp server stop issuing the IPs which results in unknow ips with isp DNS to clients, despite of ISP dns is unchecked on setup page.
ho1Aetoo
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2022 8:35    Post subject: Reply with quote
Bonding is wrong.
You can remove the entry.

But somehow it sounds strange.
Your ISP provides DHCP+PPPoE?
Isn't that some weird Russian PPPoE dual stuff?

Well if you think that's the reason then you can set eth0 to unbridged.

But I would still like to see the settings in the "Basic Setup tab".
fhussa
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2022 8:44    Post subject: Reply with quote
Issue in software, but done not. DHCP with is working fine now and issuing correct ips to clients after this setting in networks. A good guide for others too. Connection type is PPPoe with Vlan.
ho1Aetoo
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2022 9:01    Post subject: Reply with quote
If it works now then surely without the superfluous entries.

VLAN tagging

eth1 tag 0
wlan0 tag 0
wlan1 tag 0

assign to bridge

none eth0

they do nothing anyway the settings
fhussa
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2022 9:20    Post subject: Reply with quote
tag to 0 is by default, the box cannot be left empty (unable to set Null value). I have to create interfaces to make a bridge to eth1. Otherwise without interfaces, I was unable.
ho1Aetoo
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2022 9:28    Post subject: Reply with quote
eth1 wlan0 wlan1 are bridged by default

and the other settings mentioned do nothing at all.

under "assign to bridge" you have assigned NONE to eth0 this does nothing at all!

under "VLAN tagging" you have created the virtual interfaces eth1.0 wlan0.1 and wlan1.0 - the interfaces do nothing at all - they are not used anywhere!
fhussa
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2022 9:42    Post subject: Reply with quote
Main page setting for you, I also want to mention that with default IP that is 192.168.1.1, the router do not need any changes to setting. Problem only occur when I started putting the domain name and local host name with change in private ips to mine.
fhussa
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2022 9:46    Post subject: Reply with quote
You are right eth1, and wlans are bridge by default. As soon as I change the default pvt ips to mine, the eth0 also get bridged up with bro0. This give collision of dhcps and no ips will be issued to any client every client has to manually feed in their ip addresses
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 2 of 3
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: