4G router without wifi and dd-wrt compliant

kr1p
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2022 14:52    Post subject: 4G router without wifi and dd-wrt compliant Reply with quote
Hi,
I have bought a 4G router (netgear lm1200) which is not dd-wrt compliant.

I am looking for a 4G router without wifi and dd-wrt compliant, ie a device which can connect to internet with 4G, that has an ethernet port and that has no wifi.

I have gone through the whole list here: https://wiki.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/3G_/_3.5G and checked all devices with LTE in the 3G Standard column which is not "wip" (work in progress) in the comments column and none is what i am looking for. All which approach my standards have either wifi or are usb sticks.

Do you know any such devices?

Thank you
Sponsor
feliciano
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2022 17:08    Post subject: Reply with quote
If you have an USB dongle (let's say 4G modem), you could use a dd-wrt router with an USB port, and do your setup (including turning off the wireless radio if you want).

Note: the chipset of the modem/router has to be recognized by dd-wrt kernel, and has to do the switchmode from storage mode (typical default for such devices) to proper modem function.

If you want to move in this direction, there are several threads about it on the other sub-forums.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> General Questions All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: