Homekit accessories went offline or "No response"

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
connect
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2022 23:18    Post subject: Homekit accessories went offline or "No response" Reply with quote
Hello,

I am using two routers with different subnet's Router A is on 192.168.0.1 and is my main router with a direct connection to isp while router B is on 192.168.1.1 is my secondary router and I am running VPN on that router which is connected from Lan cable of router A to wan port. I have also configured in advanced routing and added router B in Router A, I can be also able to access both routers from any side now the problem I am facing is that all devices which are connected to my apple tv home-kit went offline as my apple tv is wired connected to my VPN router (Router B). All my home-kit IoT devices are connected from router A which is on a different subnet than router B. if I disconnect my apple tv from router B all devices come back online, I have been trying to resolve this problem for a few days but I can't able to fix this can anyone able to help me out to resolve this issue?

Router A : Netgrear r7800 (build 49599)
Router B: linksys wrt1900ac (build 44048)
Sponsor
the-joker
DD-WRT Developer/Maintainer

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2022 8:26    Post subject: Reply with quote
What immeditaly is obvious is the dd-wrt builds differences between routers, If I were you I would be on same build at least. both routers are on old builds router B is insanely ancient really not ideal.

You should upgrade both to latest http://ftp.dd-wrt.com/dd-wrtv2/downloads/betas/2022/10-05-2022-r50357/

Then reset and manually reconfigure and upon accessing routers web interface after rest force browser cache clear.

To grab the configs to readable human format execute over ssh/telnet nvram show > /tmp/somebackup-name-date.txt then grab that file to desktop to aid in reconfiguration.

Alternatively you can also print the config pages to pdfs.

After this is done, issue persists we can try to help you. We may also needs setup screenshots to help us see if any configuration is immediately obvious something not right or whatever.

DD-WRT Inspired themes for the SVN Trac & FTP site
Join in for a chat @ #style_it_themes_public:matrix.org or #style_it_themes:discord

DD-WRT UI Themes Bug Reporting and Discussion thread

Router: ANus RT-AC68U E1 (recognized as C1)
connect
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2022 9:27    Post subject: Reply with quote
I have upgraded to the latest build but still issue persist
egc
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2022 9:36    Post subject: Reply with quote
I am not sure if this has anything to do with DDWRT maybe more with your Apple TV and how homekit acts up.

Why would a TV influence other homekit appliances?

Forum Guide Lines (important read):https://forum.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=324087
lexridge
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2022 11:42    Post subject: Re: Homekit accessories went offline or "No response&qu Reply with quote
connect wrote:
Hello,
if I disconnect my apple tv from router B all devices come back online, I have been trying to resolve this problem for a few days but I can't able to fix this can anyone able to help me out to resolve this issue?

Have you tried plugging the AppleTV box into router A? Have you tried doing a full reset of the AppleTV box? Is AppleTV static or DHCP? It would certainly seem to be the culprit here if all works well whenever you unplug it.

Netgear R7800 (WDS-AP, WAP, VAP) - DD-WRT r53562
Features in use: multiple VLANs over single trunk port

Linksys EA8500 WDS Station x2 - DD-WRT r53562

Netgear R6400v2 WAP, VAP 2.4ghz only w/VLANs over single trunk port.

OSes: Fedora 38, 9 RPis (2,3,4,5), 20 ESP8266s: Straight from Amiga to Linux in '94, never having owned a Windows PC.

Forum member #248
connect
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2022 19:57    Post subject: Reply with quote
I can able to fix this issue on the same subnet if my subnet is different which is in case router B is on a different subnet than router A then I can't able to access my IoT devices via the AppleTV hub. how can I fix this issue that on different subnet's it should communicate is there any advanced networking involved in this?
connect
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2022 17:10    Post subject: Reply with quote
How can I bridge two different networks? Do I need switch in between routers?
lexridge
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2022 18:07    Post subject: Reply with quote
connect wrote:
How can I bridge two different networks? Do I need switch in between routers?

https://wiki.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Linking_Subnets_with_Static_Routes

Yes, they will need to be either connected together with a switch, or directly connected to each other.

Netgear R7800 (WDS-AP, WAP, VAP) - DD-WRT r53562
Features in use: multiple VLANs over single trunk port

Linksys EA8500 WDS Station x2 - DD-WRT r53562

Netgear R6400v2 WAP, VAP 2.4ghz only w/VLANs over single trunk port.

OSes: Fedora 38, 9 RPis (2,3,4,5), 20 ESP8266s: Straight from Amiga to Linux in '94, never having owned a Windows PC.

Forum member #248
connect
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2022 19:10    Post subject: Reply with quote
how to install and setup mDNS on dd-wrt?
connect
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2022 20:13    Post subject: Reply with quote
issue resolved by enabling mDns thank's everyone who helped especially "dale_gribble39"
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: