Archer C7 v4 - Very Strange LAN Ports Disconnection Issue

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
FS5oD
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2022 8:09    Post subject: Archer C7 v4 - Very Strange LAN Ports Disconnection Issue Reply with quote
Dear All,

I have a strange problem.

My setup...

Router Model: TP-Link ARCHER-C7 v4
Firmware: DD-WRT v3.0-r48897 std (05/18/22)
Router's onboard WiFi disabled with Mi AX6000 (setup as AP) connected to LAN port 1
DHCP Server, OpenVPN Server and WiredGuard Tunnel Enabled

My notebook is connected to the router's LAN port 2 when it is docked. The strange problem is the Mi AX6000 will get disconnected from LAN every time I undock my PC, and all WiFi client devices stop working. When I dock my PC, the Mi AX6000 AP works (get connected) again. The workaround is to disable my notebook LAN port in Win before undocking. It seems that the sudden LAN disconnection of the PC dock affects the router LAN ports. The docking station is connected by USB C to the PC.

I couldn't find any related errors from the router's syslog. I don't think it is related to the firmware version because I had this problem with older firmware versions too.

Anyone has experience similar issue before?
Sponsor
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: