wrt1900ac v1 no wan and lan?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Marvell MVEBU based Hardware (WRT1900AC etc.)
Cussiv
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2022 13:14    Post subject: wrt1900ac v1 no wan and lan? Reply with quote
Hello I installed latest build factory-to-ddwrt and my LAN/wan ports dosnt work, only way to connect to the router is by wifi? Tried upgrading also with the sysupgrade build same issue. Gargoyle works just fine. Which build should I install first then upgrade to get it work?
Sponsor
dale_gribble39
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2022 14:20    Post subject: Reply with quote
"Latest build" is not a number. Do you mean 50057? No additional information given, no logs. Did you try resetting to clear any possible OpenWRT/Gargoyle nvram culprits?
And miles to go before I sleep." - Robert Frost

"I am one of the noticeable ones - notice me" - Dale Frances McKenzie Bozzio

<fact>code knows no gender</fact>

This is me, knowing I've ruffled your feathers, and not giving a ****
Some people are still hard-headed.

--------------------------------------
Mac Pro (Mid 2012) - Two 2.4GHz 6-Core Intel Xeon E5645 processors 64GB 1333MHz DDR3 ECC SDRAM OpenSUSE Leap 15.5
Cussiv
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2022 15:35    Post subject: Reply with quote
Yes, latest from todays buildnummer is 50057. I dont know how to share logs, please let me know and i will post em here. Openwrt/Gargoyle dosn’t use nvram. I did factory reset on the sysupgrade build but same problem.
Monza
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2022 18:54    Post subject: Reply with quote
If you have not already done so I would suggest rebooting router and modem. Some modems don't recognize new router firmware after update . . some don't care. Reboot modem to see if yours will negotiate with the new firmware. Just an easy fix to try as first step.
Cussiv
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2022 23:37    Post subject: Reply with quote
The thing is, I force flashed the ddwrt firmware from gargoyle, dont know if it really matters I have done it before on my other router like wdr3600 and it has worked. The problem is my PC cant detect the router, also I get no WAN ip either. Only way to connect to the router is by wifi. If i switch partition to gargoyle again its working. Imma try going back to stock and installing ddwrt from there see how it goes
Cussiv
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2022 0:11    Post subject: Reply with quote
I installed old build which was around 30 megabyte, the newer ones are around 13 megabyte? Never mind I did nvram erase and my wan ip showed up. But nvram erase wiped my onboard configuration, i wasnt able to change any wifi settings xD ? But I managed to solve that by upgrading with latest sysupgrade build.
Zyxx
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2022 7:02    Post subject: Reply with quote
It is not recommended -at least the last time I checked- to switch from openWRT/Gargoyle to DD-WRT in one step.

Usually you have to add the Linksys firmware in between.

Gargoyle --> flash Linksys FW. (on both partitions to be sure + reset) --> flash DD-WRT.
SurprisedItWorks
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2022 14:51    Post subject: Reply with quote
Cussiv wrote:
...I did nvram erase and my wan ip showed up. But nvram erase wiped my onboard configuration...

Just so you know, the purpose of "nvram erase" is to wipe your configuration (same as "factory reset" or the reset button on the back of the router). In dd-wrt the nvram command is for dealing with the configuration storage area.

Also, not something I have experience with, but I can concur with the above post's advice, as I have seen mentioned in the forum that you can't flash dd-wrt from OpenWRT directly. The consensus seems to be that you need to get back to the factory FW and flash dd-wrt from there.

2x Netgear XR500 and 3x Linksys WRT1900ACSv2 on 53544: VLANs, VAPs, NAS, station mode, OpenVPN client (AirVPN), wireguard server (AirVPN port forward) and clients (AzireVPN, AirVPN, private), 3 DNSCrypt providers via VPN.
dale_gribble39
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2022 15:33    Post subject: Reply with quote
Cussiv wrote:
I installed old build which was around 30 megabyte, the newer ones are around 13 megabyte? Never mind I did nvram erase and my wan ip showed up. But nvram erase wiped my onboard configuration, i wasnt able to change any wifi settings xD ? But I managed to solve that by upgrading with latest sysupgrade build.

Zyxx wrote:
It is not recommended -at least the last time I checked- to switch from openWRT/Gargoyle to DD-WRT in one step.

Usually you have to add the Linksys firmware in between.

Gargoyle --> flash Linksys FW. (on both partitions to be sure + reset) --> flash DD-WRT.

SurprisedItWorks wrote:
Cussiv wrote:
...I did nvram erase and my wan ip showed up. But nvram erase wiped my onboard configuration...

Just so you know, the purpose of "nvram erase" is to wipe your configuration (same as "factory reset" or the reset button on the back of the router). In dd-wrt the nvram command is for dealing with the configuration storage area.

Also, not something I have experience with, but I can concur with the above post's advice, as I have seen mentioned in the forum that you can't flash dd-wrt from OpenWRT directly. The consensus seems to be that you need to get back to the factory FW and flash dd-wrt from there.

There is no file named "sysupgrade" and this is one of those particular routers that require the double-tap to flash from factory to initial dd-wrt to full version it seems (unless the newer factory-to-ddwrt.bin file is bunked):
Code:
ddwrt-linksys-wrt1900ac-webflash.bin               03-Sep-2022 03:27            37359616
factory-to-ddwrt.bin                               03-Sep-2022 03:27            14024704

Also, x3 on flashing back to factory first before switching from one 3rd party firmware to another on these.

And miles to go before I sleep." - Robert Frost

"I am one of the noticeable ones - notice me" - Dale Frances McKenzie Bozzio

<fact>code knows no gender</fact>

This is me, knowing I've ruffled your feathers, and not giving a ****
Some people are still hard-headed.

--------------------------------------
Mac Pro (Mid 2012) - Two 2.4GHz 6-Core Intel Xeon E5645 processors 64GB 1333MHz DDR3 ECC SDRAM OpenSUSE Leap 15.5
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Marvell MVEBU based Hardware (WRT1900AC etc.) All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: