R7000 getting stuck, suggestions very appreciated

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
KVH13
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2022 21:02    Post subject: R7000 getting stuck, suggestions very appreciated Reply with quote
Hi,

bought a second-hand R7000 to use as a router with DDWRT, no HW version mentioned on it. Installed V3.0-r50176 std (09/15/22).
Web-GUI is available as expected right after startup, but after one or 2 mouseclicks (for example to select another tab in the GUI) it hangs, my browser doesn't seem to get any response anymore.
Used the 30-30-30 trick to reset to default-settings. This seems todo the reset but evil phenomenon is still the same. Consequently an update to the next DDWRT-version is unfeasible.
Trying to search my way through the CLI interface, but not knowing wether continuing this research might be useful.
Hope to get any good advice on how to pinpoint the problem....

TIA !

Kris
Sponsor
the-joker
DD-WRT Developer/Maintainer

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2022 21:37    Post subject: Reply with quote
Welcome to our jovial community

CTRL + F5 force clear browser cache.

And dont do 30/30/30 reset, this is for WRT54G and friends only or something equally obsolete. You only need reset button for less then 10 seconds.

DD-WRT Inspired themes for the SVN Trac & FTP site
Join in for a chat @ #style_it_themes_public:matrix.org or #style_it_themes:discord

DD-WRT UI Themes Bug Reporting and Discussion thread

Router: ANus RT-AC68U E1 (recognized as C1)
dale_gribble39
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2022 22:09    Post subject: Reply with quote
Most likely issue with browser used and co-mingling router access with Internet traffic; another prominent suspect on a 2nd-hand router is the power adapter is crapping out. You should first try using a Portable Browser with no extensions or add-ons loaded in Private browsing mode (Firefox, FF ESR, Pale Moon recommended). You can always flash via telnet to the current release as well.

Code:
cd /tmp
wget http://ftp.dd-wrt.com/dd-wrtv2/downloads/betas/2022/10-11-2022-r50474/netgear-r7000/netgear-r7000-webflash.bin
write netgear-r7000-webflash.bin linux
reboot

OR

Code:
cd /tmp
wget -O firmware.bin http://ftp.dd-wrt.com/dd-wrtv2/downloads/betas/2022/10-11-2022-r50474/netgear-r7000/netgear-r7000-webflash.bin

and go grab a snack and let it upgrade itself for you.

And miles to go before I sleep." - Robert Frost

"I am one of the noticeable ones - notice me" - Dale Frances McKenzie Bozzio

<fact>code knows no gender</fact>

This is me, knowing I've ruffled your feathers, and not giving a ****
Some people are still hard-headed.

--------------------------------------
Mac Pro (Mid 2012) - Two 2.4GHz 6-Core Intel Xeon E5645 processors 64GB 1333MHz DDR3 ECC SDRAM OpenSUSE Leap 15.5
KVH13
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2022 22:44    Post subject: Problem solved ??? Reply with quote
Hi,

Thanks for this interesting posts !
I connected a 12V powersupply and the device worked fine. Then I connected the original powersupply and unexpected result: everything still works fine !!!
Now I'm curious how long this will last. I Was able now to configure it correctly so it will operate now in connection with the network.

Kris
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: