[SPLIT] MAC filter by time setup

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
marbss
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2022 7:46    Post subject: Re: Netgear Nighthawk R7000 Reply with quote
the-joker wrote:
twindragon6 wrote:
marbss wrote:

Issues/Errors: Access Restrictions - denying access by MAC address does not appear to work. Can anyone else confirm?

I am having the same issues on my R7000, It does work but for whatever reason scheduled settings don't apply. If I login to the router and mash the apply button it works.

I have 1 x set 24 hour filter to block wan on some devices and 1x 7 day filter for telemetry services. Both work without mashing anything, I haven't tried between the hours of and, but that's a 24 hour cycle only. If someone shares their setup example ill test some asap. Wink best offer I can do.

@the-joker thank you for offering to test as well.

I have 2 policies setup - one for AM and PM.
My use case for this is to block the kids internet from 730pm until 730am. I have verified that their devices are using the actual MAC id and that the randomized MAC privacy feature is disabled on their apple and android devices.

Policy: 1 (block internet PM)
Interface: Any
Edit filter list: 4 MAC IDs listed
Deny radio button selected
Days: Everyday
Time period: 19:30 to 23:59

Policy: 2 (block internet AM)
Interface: Any
Edit filter list: 4 MAC IDs listed same as above
Deny radio button selected
Days: Everyday
Time period: 0:00 to 07:30
Sponsor
the-joker
DD-WRT Developer/Maintainer

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2022 8:26    Post subject: Reply with quote
I split this from the build thread, since build threads aren't really meant for discussions and troubleshooting.

Your MAC filter on both policies, the complete page should be filled in, not just the MAC addresses but the IPs and IP range, so when you setup your static IP leases on services tab, ideally the Hostname/IP/MAC entries should be in consecutive order, so the range is simple.

I had noticed that otherwise your mileage may vary, without having this setup that way and completely, my filters didn't work properly.

So confirm your MAC filter setup page and static leases are as they should be.

If not already you should consider using static DNS entries on setup page and check/enable Ignore WAN DNS and ensure the kids devices are using that DNS and that the settings page on their devices is locked and password protected.

Consider if you are using anything like CTF or CTF & FA, parenting controls may not work at all.

DD-WRT Inspired themes for the SVN Trac & FTP site
Join in for a chat @ #style_it_themes_public:matrix.org or #style_it_themes:discord

DD-WRT UI Themes Bug Reporting and Discussion thread

Router: ANus RT-AC68U E1 (recognized as C1)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: