[SOLVED] Port Forwarding (Service->Router->Router->

BassT
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2022 14:36    Post subject: [SOLVED] Port Forwarding (Service->Router->Router-> Reply with quote
Hi all,

I need to forward the 80 and 443 Port to my Nextcloud in an VLan behind a DD-WRT Router.
I had an static route in the fritzbox to the VLan and also an portforwarding from fritzbox to subnet. All setup in Fritzbox.

The DD-WRT (R7000) is in Gateway mode and WAN is not connected. So NAT should be disabled.

If I try to connect to the nextcloud (from www.mynextcloud.com) I'm in the DD-WRT GUI.

Also set a portforwarding in DD-WRT, but also don't work.
If I set a firewall rule with iptable I can't access the DD-WRT GUI anymore Sad

Solution:
I had an static route in main router (FritzBox) to the subnet, but so I can only make a port forward to the subnet itself.
Now I make another static route in main router to the client, where nextcloud run. Now I can made a port forward to the client itself. (First delete the portforwarding to subnet itself)

Ergo -> Now it work!

Last edited by BassT on Tue Aug 30, 2022 18:17; edited 1 time in total
Sponsor
egc
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2022 6:30    Post subject: Reply with quote
It is not totally clear what your setup is but I assume that you have an R7000 setup as a WAP (disabled WAN) and that you have an unbridged interface (other subnet) on this WAP to which your Nextcloud server is connected.

I think you want to reach that Nextcloud server from the internet.

If so I would first of all *not* use the NAT rule usually advised for a WAP setup
(iptables -t nat -I POSTROUTING -o br0 -j SNAT --to $(nvram get lan_ipaddr)

The alternative is to setup a static route on your main router and you have to do that anyway.

So setup a static route on the main router to the subnet of the unbridged interface.

After that just use a normal port forward to the Nextcloud server, the static route will then first send the traffic to the WAP and the WAP has a route to your Nextcloud server.

Some important things:
If the main router is a DDWRT router than clients on the WAP (on the unbridged interface) do not have internet access as the main DDWRT router does not NAT traffic from other subnets out of its WAN)
So you have to add an SNAT rule on the Main router (but only if that is DDWRT stock is more lax)
iptables -t nat -I POSTROUTING -s <subnet of unbridged interface/netmask> -o $(get_wanface) -j SNAT --to $(nvram get wan_ipaddr)

Second if you are using firewall rules to isolate the subnet of the Nextcloud server you might have to look into that also, first try with no isolation enabled

Warning, I have not tried or check any of this so there might be typo's in it or it might be even rubbish as I did not have my morning coffee yet, but at least I hope at gives your some idea's Smile

Forum Guide Lines (important read):https://forum.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=324087

Last edited by egc on Tue Aug 30, 2022 7:07; edited 1 time in total
BassT
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2022 6:57    Post subject: Reply with quote
egc wrote:
It is not totally clear what your setup is but I assume that you have an R7000 setup as a WAP (disabled WAN) and that you have an unbridged interface (other subnet) on this WAP to which your Nextcloud server is connected.

I think you want to reach that Nextcloud server from the internet.

correct
egc wrote:
If so I would first of all *not* use the NAT rule usually advised for a WAP setup
(iptables -t nat -I POSTROUTING -o br0 -j SNAT --to $(nvram get lan_ipaddr)

The alternative is to setup a static route on your main router and you have to do that anyway.

So setup a static route on the main router to the subnet of the unbridged interface.

check Smile
egc wrote:
After just use a normal port forward to the Nextcloud server, the static route will then first send the traffic to the WAP and the WAP has a route to your Nextcloud server.

I think there is my problem. I had an route in Fritzbox to the "Service VLAN" and an PortForwarding to the subnet (all setup in Fritzbox - Main Router"
Do I need a second "route" in the DD-WRT?
egc wrote:
Some important things:
If the main router is a DDWRT router than clients on the WAP (on the unbridged interface) do not have internet access as the main DDWRT router does not NAT traffic from other subnets out of its WAN)
So you have to add an SNAT rule on the Main router (but only if that is DDWRT stock is more lax)
iptables -t nat -I POSTROUTING -s <subnet of unbridged interface/netmask> -o $(get_wanface) -j SNAT --to $(nvram get wan_ipaddr)

The main Router is a non DD-WRT Fritzbox Sad
egc wrote:
Second if you are using firewall rules to isolate the subnet of the Nextcloud server you might have to look into that also, first try with no isolation enabled

There are no isolating rules for the "Service VLAN"
egc
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2022 7:16    Post subject: Reply with quote
You can try with port forwarding to the Nextcloud server

Eaxample:
Main router: 192.168.1.1
WAP (in subnet of Main router): 192.168.1.2
WAP's unbridged subnet: 192.168.11.0/24
Nextcloud server: 192.168.11.11 (on unbridged subnet)

Static route on Fritzbox 192.168.11.0/24 to 192.168.1.2 (WAP)

PortForward on Fritzbox to 192.168.11.11 (Nextcloud server)

The Fritzbox will have the static route so it forwards 192.168.11.11 to 192.168.1.2 (WAP), the WAP also has a route to the unbridged interface (192.168.11.1) and so the traffic should reach the Nextcloud server (I hope)

Maybe it works maybe not, not tested, no guarantees

Forum Guide Lines (important read):https://forum.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=324087
BassT
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2022 8:17    Post subject: Reply with quote
egc wrote:

PortForward on Fritzbox to 192.168.11.11 (Nextcloud server)

And here is the problem.
The Nextcloud is not show in Fritzbox, because the Fritzbox don't see any subnet clients. I can't make a portforward directly to the subnet client. Only to the subnet itself. The forward to the subnet is set on Fritzbox.

Currently I am rebuild my workspace, so testing will work this evening *hope*

Big thx for your help Smile
BassT
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2022 18:16    Post subject: Solved Reply with quote
I hab a solution:

I had an static route in main router (FritzBox) to the subnet, but so I can only make a port forward to the subnet itself.
Now I make another static route in main router to the client, where nextcloud run. Now I can made a port forward to the client itself. (First delete the portforwarding to subnet itself)

Ergo -> Now it work!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Advanced Networking All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: