Best recent firmware version for DIR-878 A1

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ralink SoC based Hardware
leonidm
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2022 16:10    Post subject: Best recent firmware version for DIR-878 A1 Reply with quote
What is the most stable recent version of the firmware for DIR-878 A1? I am on r48897 and it is working well but periodically router freezes. I can deal with reboots, but freezes require human interaction which is not always easy or even possible.
Sponsor
the-joker
DD-WRT Developer/Maintainer

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2022 19:05    Post subject: Reply with quote
There are no stables and wont be unless that changes. DD-WRT is in perpetual beta. And stable is just some arbitrary build it means nothing specifically generally speaking to stability.

You can... make a nvram backup at your current version, Upgrade to very latest http://ftp.dd-wrt.com/dd-wrtv2/downloads/betas/2022/08-15-2022-r49741/dlink-dir878-a1/, reset and reconfigure from scratch + clear browser cache and see how that goes.

I would give the next public build a whirl also as many fixes going in.

You can always return to your old build and then restore your backup.

DD-WRT Inspired themes for the SVN Trac & FTP site
Join in for a chat @ #style_it_themes_public:matrix.org or #style_it_themes:discord

DD-WRT UI Themes Bug Reporting and Discussion thread

Router: ANus RT-AC68U E1 (recognized as C1)
leonidm
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2022 21:43    Post subject: Reply with quote
I mean stable as not having major issues and not crashing every few days. More stable than the one I am using right now Smile.
the-joker
DD-WRT Developer/Maintainer

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2022 22:31    Post subject: Reply with quote
There are no such guarantees about any particular build not even the router database builds, its impossible to make any such guarantees.

We have build report threads where users report their finding such as https://forum.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=332760 but unless people flash and report against each build we will never know what is what.

Also such reports are to be taken with a pinch of salt, simply because a particular user can have a setup and settings which work well and stable (reasonably speaking) for that/their scenario, but some other setups and settings may trigger issues bugs or instability.

Since most build thread reports dont specify the setups specifically we cant know or advise. So your question falls into the flip of the coin realm.

I recommended to you a sane way to find out and report, do with it as you will.

DD-WRT Inspired themes for the SVN Trac & FTP site
Join in for a chat @ #style_it_themes_public:matrix.org or #style_it_themes:discord

DD-WRT UI Themes Bug Reporting and Discussion thread

Router: ANus RT-AC68U E1 (recognized as C1)
Dadasuprem
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2022 13:53    Post subject: Re: Best recent firmware version for DIR-878 A1 Reply with quote
leonidm wrote:
What is the most stable recent version of the firmware for DIR-878 A1? I am on r48897 and it is working well but periodically router freezes. I can deal with reboots, but freezes require human interaction which is not always easy or even possible.

r48810 was the most stable i tested, i have 2 DIR-882, not sure it's the same on DIR-878.
But i had differents issue with a lot of other version (and nothing that can really help in the syslog...), sometime not the same bug on both router even i've done Reset & reconfigure (erase nvram && reboot) and not restore backup, that highly recommended in any case.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ralink SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: