Wirelessly repeat both 2.4ghz and 5ghz simultaneously

Skipson
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2022 21:13    Post subject: Wirelessly repeat both 2.4ghz and 5ghz simultaneously Reply with quote
I recently moved to a new house, and my current router (non dd-wrt) isn't cutting it for getting signal across the whole house. So I grabbed my old router (R7000) in an attempt to use it as a wifi repeater. I flashed DD-WRT, and followed this guide, and although it worked; the range was extremely limited, and my speed was cut from normal (~100Mbps) to about 2Mbps.

Also, I noticed that in that guide, it said to only use one radio for "repeater bridge" mode; i'm assuming that this meant I could only repeat one signal at a time (2.4 or 5).

Ideally, I would like to set up this router so that it can repeat the existing routers signals (both 5ghz and 2.4ghz), under the same SSID, whilst reducing speed as little as possible.

From my very limited knowledge, it seems that repeating is going to cut speed in half, since the repeater has to talk to both the client device, and the other router at the same time; so while it would be nice to maintain full speed, i'm not super concerned over it.

Thanks in advance.
Sponsor
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> General Questions All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: