Is this the reason for the wireless problems on Apple...?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Marvell MVEBU based Hardware (WRT1900AC etc.)
kosmos
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2022 23:27    Post subject: Is this the reason for the wireless problems on Apple...? Reply with quote
Is this the reason for the wireless problems on many Apple and Samsung S10+ devices?

I just noticed that no DTIM values are displayed under Status->Wireless>Site survey on my router, even though the setting is 2. I have a WRT3200 with DD-WRT on it on each floor and both WRT3200s do not show a DTIM value from the other in this overview.

Earlier it was already discussed in the discussion that this can lead to problems.
Sponsor
blkt
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2022 2:40    Post subject: Reply with quote
Not the reason at all, and Marvell wireless was fixed in early December 2021 with a mac80211 patch by nbd.

New Build - 07/27/2022 - r49567
kosmos
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2022 6:36    Post subject: Reply with quote
thanks this picture is made with the newest firmware from 27.07.22
o2bad455
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2022 21:33    Post subject: Reply with quote
As for DTIM, I use different settings for different physical and virtual wireless interfaces, and I just ran a 5 GHz site survey from one dd-wrt WRT1900ACS to check another. Unsurprisingly, I got the same "none" as you for the other dd-wrt. But our Apple and Samsung devices are working great even with a reported DTIM of "none" (and have been for many months now although we did have Apple client issues a year or so ago).

Of my various neighbors' 32 SSIDs just reported in this site survey, most of which have stock-sounding names so unlikely to be dd-wrt, exactly 15 (nearly half, including many of the stock-sounding names FWIW) show as "none" while various others show as either 1, 2 or 3. Although I'm curious to know why many show a DTIM of "none", I have good reason to think it's not an issue for Apple or Samsung clients.

EDIT: Probably unrelated, but while on the subject of wireless site surveys I also note that many show "N/A" for connected Stations rather than 0, 1, 2, 3, 4, etc. Also, the Name column is completely blank for all SSIDs (mostly APs and one Mesh).

Netgear R9000 - Atheros
Netgear R7000 - Broadcom
PC x86-64 VM - Atheros
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Marvell MVEBU based Hardware (WRT1900AC etc.) All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: