Posted: Fri Jul 22, 2022 8:48 Post subject: New Build - 07/22/2022 - r49544
Welcome to Atheros r49544 beta release thread for reporting, feedback to developers and community benefit.
Please do not flash builds until installation is understood, risks involved and device specificrecovery methods.
Avoid discussions, create threads for questions, general problems or use search; this thread is not for support.
Please list router model & revision, operating & wireless mode(s) and exact filename/firmware image flashed.
Issues, observations, and/or workarounds reported:
• WebUI: Clear history or use a portable. Temporary cache bypass: Ctrl+F5, Cmd+Shift+R or new private window/incognito.
• Please report findings with steps needed to reproduce, configuration, clients, output, logs and important information below!
• Detail issues & relevant configs, logs: syslog klog 'dmesg' 'cat /tmp/var/log/messages' nvram set console_debug=1, serial.
• Firewall NAT: 'iptables -vnL' 'iptables -t nat -vnL' 'iptables -t mangle -vnL' & 'cat /tmp/.ipt'. Misc: stracetcpdumpwireshark.
• Gremlins: reboot. cold boot. Reset & reconfigure not restore backup. Search Trac & discuss in forum before opening tickets.
• Include operating & wireless modes (e.g. Gateway, Router, AP, CB, WDS, Mesh) and applicable configurations to reproduce.
1. My NTFS 5TB HDD shows up as 18TB and it says 8TB free of 18TB total
This issue persist since I guess 2 months already, but I was always in hope with the next build it will be fixed.
2. My HDD does not show up on Android Devices or TV's. The Samba won't appear. On PC it is visible
3. With newest build I noticed a big performance issue in transfering data. usually I have 20-50mb/s now it is more like 2-10Mb/s
4. my NTFS hard disk (5tb) casually (after restart of router) won't be visible anymore, rather a different partition appears (15mb)
5. My old Xbox One can not connect to WIFI, that only appears to my WIFI, if I connect to other WIFI or to my hotspot no issues at all. My hotspot has same SSID and PSW and it connects immediately. Probably, this is rather an Xbox issue than dd-wrt, but worth to mention.
Netgear Nighthawk X10 R9000
Firmware Version DD-WRT v3.0-r49544 std (07/22/22)
Kernel Version Linux 4.9.323 #637 SMP Mon Jul 18 03:28:50 +07 2022 armv7l
Current Time Fri, 22 Jul 2022 16:00:17
Uptime 2 min
GUI over 49531
Router Model: TP-Link TL-WR1043ND
Firmware Version: DD-WRT v3.0-r49544 std (07/22/22)
Previous: DD-WRT v3.0-r49531 std (07/20/22)
Kernel Version: Linux 3.10.108-d11 #112536 Fri Jul 22 06:07:09 +07 2022 mips
Reset: None required
Issues/Errors: None at present.
Will continue testing functionality of features and report back should any issues arise.
EDIT: hasty lack of kernel version copy/paste <lol> _________________ "The woods are lovely, dark and deep,
But I have promises to keep,
And miles to go before I sleep,
And miles to go before I sleep." - Robert Frost
"I am one of the noticeable ones - notice me" - Dale Frances McKenzie Bozzio
Successful upgrade but no internet connection. Tried all of the instructions in the wiki, changing IP, cloning MAC, release/renew of DHCP, using PPPoE with ISP username and password and still no connection.
Well, I was hoping that you would've returned to your other thread after flashing. We have no idea who your ISP is or the topology of your network, so advice is kind of blind guesses here. If you ensured that your router is not on the same LAN IP as your upstream modem or router, then power both down for at least 5 minutes and then power up modem then your WDR3600. What would really help is visuals of applicable screenshots for both devices in question so we can at least see what's on the other side of the screen.
Not sure what you're referring to or why you seem to have a stick up your ass about it but I don't have a modem, I just have my original router that connects directly into the phone socket via ADSL cable and my new router with DD-WRT. I upgraded to this version from an old version as someone suggested I do and I still don't have any internet connection even after trying the suggestions in the wiki.
Joined: 08 May 2018 Posts: 12987 Location: Texas, USA
Posted: Sat Jul 23, 2022 19:23 Post subject:
No sticks involved. Incomplete information does not help anyone help you. You should always give as much complete information about the issue as possible. Otherwise, we grasp at straws and traipse through a minefield trying to guess what the solution is. That being said, is your ADSL modem/router (yes, you *do* have a modem...) in bridge mode or standard gateway mode? Who is your ISP, what model ADSL modem/router is it?
@blkt: That was the other thought, keeping the discussion in this thread, but here we are.