Can't re-flash stock netgear firmware

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ralink SoC based Hardware
stonelaughter
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2022 22:50    Post subject: Can't re-flash stock netgear firmware Reply with quote
Hey all

I wanted to set up my Surfshark VPN on my router so I did a LOT of reading around here and plumped for the recommended build for my Netgear R6800/AC1900 router which is 07/04/2022 - r49418.

Downloaded it, installed it... and none of the mobile devices in the house would stay connected for more than a few seconds, even after I'd wrestled with the settings for a good while. So - I decided I didn't know enough about how to work it, that DD-WRT was not for me, and decided to go back to "Stock" firmware.

This is where the issues begin. When I try to re-load the stock firmware from the GUI, it says "Successful" after about 2 seconds and reboots, right back into DD-WRT.

So - I bit the bullet, did a 30/30/30 and followed Netgear's instructions to TFTP the current stock firmware to the router... and it won't go up. It sits on "Block 0" with no network traffic for over half an hour; no data being pushed to the router.

This is either (a) with the router booted normally, and (b) With the router sat post-30/30/30 with the power light flashing.

I was connected to the router via cable with a fixed IP address, PING was good and no other cables or wifi connections made.

Can anyone please give me other things to try, to return to stock firmware? Apologies if my reading has been insufficient... I really couldn't find anything close to this situation.

Thanks in advance.
Sponsor
dale_gribble39
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2022 0:19    Post subject: Reply with quote
Use nmrpflash. Or post your current settings so someone can guide you through if you haven't read any wikis.

[SOLVED] R6850 - Revert to Stock Firmware
Back to OFW procedure for R6700v2
Netgear R6220 bricked.
DD-WRT won't flash back to stock on R6900v2 (SOLVED)
I have an AC2600 I can't revert to stock.

And miles to go before I sleep." - Robert Frost

"I am one of the noticeable ones - notice me" - Dale Frances McKenzie Bozzio

<fact>code knows no gender</fact>

This is me, knowing I've ruffled your feathers, and not giving a ****
Some people are still hard-headed.

--------------------------------------
Mac Pro (Mid 2012) - Two 2.4GHz 6-Core Intel Xeon E5645 processors 64GB 1333MHz DDR3 ECC SDRAM OpenSUSE Leap 15.5
stonelaughter
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2022 8:26    Post subject: Reply with quote
dale_gribble39 wrote:
Use nmrpflash.

All fixed! Thank you very much.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ralink SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: