Script for MAC whitelist/static ips

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Marvell MVEBU based Hardware (WRT1900AC etc.)
chiefwigms
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2022 15:35    Post subject: Script for MAC whitelist/static ips Reply with quote
Did a little searching and looked at the Wiki for scripts, but didn't find anything...

Anyone have a script that can read a text/csv on boot from usb/jffs2 and auto populate a MAC white list (and any any static reservations)?
i.e.
Hostname,MAC,IPAddress(optional),Comment(optional)?

Having added several wifi devices, it'd be nice to not have to manange backup/restore of static_leases any time I upgrade firmware, and nice to have known host names for any active clients under the Lan status page (most are *).
Sponsor
dale_gribble39
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2022 16:06    Post subject: Reply with quote
To show your MAC whitelist (MAC filter list on wifi):
nvram show | grep (interfacename)_maclist

I also noticed a filter_maclist variable, which I believe applies to WAN access filter.

In regards to static leases, most have adopted using the additional dnsmasq settings text box to add them via copy/paste:

https://forum.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=332320

I guess it specifically depends on how much nvram usage you have, whether a reset is required or not. There are only specific nvram variables to worry about if a reset is actually warranted during troubleshooting.

And miles to go before I sleep." - Robert Frost

"I am one of the noticeable ones - notice me" - Dale Frances McKenzie Bozzio

<fact>code knows no gender</fact>

This is me, knowing I've ruffled your feathers, and not giving a ****
Some people are still hard-headed.

--------------------------------------
Mac Pro (Mid 2012) - Two 2.4GHz 6-Core Intel Xeon E5645 processors 64GB 1333MHz DDR3 ECC SDRAM OpenSUSE Leap 15.5
chiefwigms
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2022 3:05    Post subject: Reply with quote
dale_gribble39 wrote:
To show your MAC whitelist (MAC filter list on wifi):
nvram show | grep (interfacename)_maclist

I also noticed a filter_maclist variable, which I believe applies to WAN access filter.

In regards to static leases, most have adopted using the additional dnsmasq settings text box to add them via copy/paste:

https://forum.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=332320

I guess it specifically depends on how much nvram usage you have, whether a reset is required or not. There are only specific nvram variables to worry about if a reset is actually warranted during troubleshooting.

As the title says, I'm looking for a script. I know how to set static IPS manually and have a MAC address whitelist. It'd be nice to have a single source to populate all this...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Marvell MVEBU based Hardware (WRT1900AC etc.) All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: