Wireguard on windows

blaser
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2022 1:17    Post subject: Wireguard on windows Reply with quote
I set up wireguard on my router and was able to connect to it from my phone.
I'm trying to do the same from windows, I do not have admin right on my laptop when I log in as the current user ( IT blocks it) but I can install wireguard.
Wireguard GUI needs admin rights to run, any way to bypass it?

eibgrad
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2022 2:18    Post subject: Reply with quote
It's NOT the WG GUI per se that's the problem. Use of any VPN typically requires changes to the underlying OS's network (e.g., routing tables), which is a privileged operation. So unless you have those privileges, you're out of luck. This is a common problem if it's your employer's laptop.
ddwrt-ovpn-split-basic.sh (UPDATED!) * ddwrt-ovpn-split-advanced.sh (UPDATED!) * ddwrt-ovpn-client-killswitch.sh * ddwrt-ovpn-client-watchdog.sh * ddwrt-ovpn-remote-access.sh * ddwrt-ovpn-client-backup.sh * ddwrt-mount-usb-drives.sh * ddwrt-blacklist-domains.sh * ddwrt-wol-port-forward.sh * ddwrt-dns-monitor.sh (NEW!)
blaser
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2022 13:42    Post subject: Reply with quote
eibgrad wrote:
It's NOT the WG GUI per se that's the problem. Use of any VPN typically requires changes to the underlying OS's network (e.g., routing tables), which is a privileged operation. So unless you have those privileges, you're out of luck. This is a common problem if it's your employer's laptop.

Thanks

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Advanced Networking All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: