Statistics "LAN/Active Clients" reset spontaneousl

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Megrez7
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2022 19:40    Post subject: Statistics "LAN/Active Clients" reset spontaneousl Reply with quote
From time to time statistics In/Out/Total reset spontaneously. I have tried to reproduce. Sometimes refreshing GUI couple of times one by one in a short time (like every second) triggers this issue. But not always.

I have observed this for last two years, including latest release r49197.

Router: Netgrear R6400v2 (otp).

Please let me know if you need more details. Shall it be logs, include short instruction how to get it, I am not familiar with Linux.
Sponsor
Megrez7
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2022 20:24    Post subject: Reply with quote
Same with r49361
Per Yngve Berg
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2022 22:17    Post subject: Reply with quote
Is the router rebooting?

Check the router up time.
dale_gribble39
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2022 22:43    Post subject: Reply with quote
Active Client list doesn't drop inactive clients

Status -- LAN - IP less than .100 not showing

A screen record / sreenshot(s) of this phenomenon or anomaly would be helpful. What IP subnet are these clients in? What subnet is the LAN?
Megrez7
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2022 21:51    Post subject: Reply with quote
Router does not reboot. It just happens immediately, just refreshing couple of times GUI.
I will record the screen, however as it does happen only from time to time I need some time to capture this.
Megrez7
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2022 12:44    Post subject: Reply with quote
The issue happens from time to time when switching between GUI tabs. However I have found a way to trigger this by multiple F5 refresh in very short time, basically before router returns previously requested content.

Herewith recorder screen. Actions taken which can see in the recording:
1. Single F5 refresh.
2. Multiple F5 refreshes causing statistics lost.
3. Single F5 refresh.
4. Single F5 refresh.
5. Multiple F5 refreshes causing statistics lost.

ddwrt screen recording.zip
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  ddwrt screen recording.zip
 Filesize:  632.05 KB
 Downloaded:  120 Time(s)

Megrez7
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2022 12:47    Post subject: Reply with quote
Active Client list doesn't drop inactive clients -> this also happens occasionally, but seems to be a different issue

Status -- LAN - IP less than .100 not showing -> not this issue as I use 100+ IP addresses.
the-joker
DD-WRT Developer/Maintainer

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2022 13:30    Post subject: Reply with quote
Megrez7 wrote:
Active Client list doesn't drop inactive clients -> this also happens occasionally, but seems to be a different issue

Not an issue and behaves as intended, in order to make specific measurements this is needed.
The arp table is cleared but the clients linger on UI because of how the measurements are taken. If you come back 24hours later they will be gone.

I think there is a hidden nvram variable (introduced recently) to restore old behavior so UI drops clients as they are gone, but haven't checked.

As for the rest, who knows whats going on, try perhaps clearing the browser cache with CTRL+F5

DD-WRT Inspired themes for the SVN Trac & FTP site
Join in for a chat @ #style_it_themes_public:matrix.org or #style_it_themes:discord

DD-WRT UI Themes Bug Reporting and Discussion thread

Router: ANus RT-AC68U E1 (recognized as C1)
Megrez7
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2022 21:43    Post subject: Reply with quote
Active Client list doesn't drop inactive clients - this is clear, intended behaviour.

Let's focus on the one I am reporting.

I have done browser cache clearing CTRL+F5 before, now also tried from incognito window. Still same issue.

I have tried from different PCs and via different browsers.

Can anyone else reproduce this? Just press F5 5-10 times quickly one by one, fast enough before GUI returns response.

Any hints how to diagnose it further?
Megrez7
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2022 9:15    Post subject: Reply with quote
Same problem with r49418.

Any ideas how to diagnose it?
the-joker

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2022 12:02    Post subject: Reply with quote
Not really any idea, I was able to duplicate to some small extent the report by forcing refreshes (my wireless connected device stats only were lost the wired client, not a chance it remains solid), but under normal circumstances (cant really see any issues), there is neither time nor concern from my part to try to hunt this down further.

There is an update to arpalert (upstream maintained DD-WRT component), not entirely sure if related here. Ive ponged the dev about that update, if it is related this is an upstream issue.

I will ping him also about this report, but manage expectations as this is only an annoyance and not an issue that is exactly critical.

I will attach my gif of this, where interestingly, my WAN providing device (vlan2), under normal circumstances drops from the list and returns, I have no loss of WAN connection, but arpalert interestingly also has a bug fix that is simple labeled as `BUG: issue with maclists during a reload`

Other than that, no idea.

wut1.gif
 Description:
 Filesize:  7.73 MB
 Viewed:  2813 Time(s)

wut1.gif

Join in for a chat @ #style_it_themes_public:matrix.org or #style_it_themes:discord

BrainSlayer
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2022 20:07    Post subject: Reply with quote
a inactive client isnt shown, but the statistic isnt lost. so if its not shown. its inactive. and any comment about arpalert is bullshit. dd-wrt does not use arpaltert at all. its included in the repository, but nowhere used

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2022 21:50    Post subject: Reply with quote
arpalert non withstanding the Ops report is duplicated where wireless clients are concerned and refreshes shows loss of related stats.

the gif shows this clearly, Im unsure where real world usage vs issue reported is validated by using refresh as a means to duplicate the loss of stats but it is and so is documented visually.

Megrez7
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2022 12:32    Post subject: Reply with quote
Not only WiFi connected devices are affected. I have tested multiple times, stats for Ethernet connected devices like NAS are being reset as well.
the-joker

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2022 12:43    Post subject: Reply with quote
I can only dupe the wifi stats loss, wired remains solid as you can see from my gif. Im on a different router however, if it even matters.

But BS says he cant dupe and without duplication it cant be fixed reliably.

The other issue is my WAN "modem" drops out from list, its not inactive so IDK what that brain fart was from Brainslayer, for the modem to drop out and come back and rinse and repeat it makes no sense. Its always ON 24/7 and its wired to routers WAN port.

Goto page 1, 2  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 1 of 2
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: