New Build - 06/07/2022 - r49113

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Marvell MVEBU based Hardware (WRT1900AC etc.)
blkt
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2022 18:10    Post subject: New Build - 06/07/2022 - r49113 Reply with quote
Welcome to Marvell r49113 beta release thread for reporting, feedback to developers and community benefit.
Please do not flash builds until installation is understood, risks involved and device specific recovery methods.
Avoid discussions, create threads for questions, general problems or use search; this thread is not for support.
Please list router model & revision, operating & wireless mode(s) and exact filename/firmware image flashed.

Downloads: HTTPS, FTP

CLI Flash: 'cd /tmp' then 'wget {file URL}' (http only) or 'curl -O {file URL}' (http, https, ftp). 'write {file} linux' then 'reboot'.

Trac SVN: repository since last build r49081 (mirror)

OpenVPN 2.5.6: Changelog, Guides, Server, PBR, DNS, Kill Switch, Watchdog, Reverse PBR, Client, Multiple, tips & scripts.
WireGuard 1.0.20211208/Tools: Changelog, Guides, Client, Server, Advanced, PBR, KS, tips & scripts. Thanks to BS & egc!

Notes:
• WRT1200AC, WRT1200AC V2, WRT1900AC, WRT1900AC V2, WRT1900ACS, WRT1900ACS V2, WRT3200ACM and WRT32X.
mDNS/Avahi Tor DoT Redirect SmartDNS FreeRADIUS htop rtw88 mt76 ath10k ath5k SNMP OpenSSL NTFS-3G irqbalance
In-kernel Samba (ksmbd 3.4.4++++): guest behavior selectable. • WSD updateANTFS/NTFS3 kernel mode driver++++
New DD-WRT inspired themes conversion by the-joker & BrainSlayer, micro builds excluded, UI theme test bug hunt thread.
Add static, delete DHCP lease from Status -> LAN clients table, Services, upgrades to forwarding in NAT / QoS tabs & more.
Let's Enhance: DTAG, Tagging, Switch Config, Dynamic WDS, Stations, Site Survey, RadioName, 802.11r and recent changes.

Issues, observations, and/or workarounds reported:
WebUI: Clear history or use a portable. Temporary cache bypass: Ctrl+F5, Cmd+Shift+R or new private window/incognito.
Please report findings with steps needed to reproduce, configuration, clients, output, logs and important information below!

Important:
Detail issues & relevant configs, logs: syslog klog 'dmesg' 'cat /tmp/var/log/messages' nvram set console_debug=1, serial.
• Firewall NAT: 'iptables -vnL' 'iptables -t nat -vnL' 'iptables -t mangle -vnL' & 'cat /tmp/.ipt'. Misc: strace tcpdump wireshark.
• Gremlins: reboot. cold boot. Reset & reconfigure not restore backup. Search Trac & discuss in forum before opening tickets.
• Include operating & wireless modes (e.g. Gateway, Router, AP, CB, WDS, Mesh) and applicable configurations to reproduce.

Example Template:
Code:
[b]Router/Version: [/b]
[b]File/Kernel: [/b]
[b]Previous/Reset: [/b]
[b]Mode/Status: [/b]
[b]Issues/Errors: [/b]
Sponsor
saphirely
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2022 17:18    Post subject: Reply with quote
Linksys WRT1900ACS
DD-WRT v3.0-r49113 std (06/07/22)
Linux 4.9.317 #3254 SMP Tue Jun 7 12:39:11 +07 2022 armv7l

Upgrade from r49081 via WiFi/GUI without reset!

Work stable with dual WiFi, via unbound.
FBSD13.1 wired ether cable connect well too.
dpp3530
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2022 18:41    Post subject: Reply with quote
Router/Version: WRT1900AC v1
File/Kernel: DD-WRT v3.0-r49113 std (06/07/22)
Previous/Reset: r48810 full reset and reconfigure
Mode/Status: Gateway, IPV6 over Hurricane, OpenVPN server, Wireguard server, DOT using Stubby/Entware
Issues/Errors:
A straight upgrade to anything above r48810 caused three of my laptops with Intel wifi cards to be unable to connect, also introduced instability in the WAN connection. I'm on Teams meetings all day, and they, along with my work VPN, would drop randomly for 1-2 minutes throughout the day. Note that I hadn't done an erase/reconfigure in several years.

I have a spare WRT1900AC (paranoia after a thunderstorm left me routerless for several days once), so I did an nvram erase, upgraded it, and reconfigured from scratch. I literally copied the GUI settings from the working router using Firefox 101.0. All worked well except the Wireguard server. Everything appeared correct in the GUI, except that I couldn't connect from outside - the port didn't seem to be responding. I didn't see anything relevant in the log. After several attempts, I finally did a nvram show | grep oet1 on both routers and updated anything that didn't match (including some parameters that don't appear to exist any longer). After a reboot, Wireguard works as well.

The backup router has been running for a couple days and no issues with the Intel clients or any random drops. As it seems to be pretty solid, I will likely upgrade the main router and copy the config (both routers are the same model) then update the UIDs in the USB tab (for entware) and swap them out. Thanks BS and the other Devs...

Linksys WRT1900AC
DD-WRT v3.0 STD
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Marvell MVEBU based Hardware (WRT1900AC etc.) All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: