Access Controls Not Working?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
obtain_delay
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2022 12:28    Post subject: Access Controls Not Working? Reply with quote
Hello all,

My partner recently admitted to struggling with a mild addiction to an online game, so she asked me to set the router to cut off her internet on her computer after a certain time. First I tried setting them up using some good old fashioned common sense cause it didn't seem hard. After she reported it didn't work, I tried again using the official instructions here: https://wiki.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Access_Restrictions. Still no dice. I even updated the other day and nothing. I was wondering if anyone could take a look at my settings and tell me what I'm doing wrong. I set the MAC address for both her device and her VPN, as well as the internal IP range for her VLAN. Anybody know what I'm doing wrong?

Screenshot 1: https://mega.nz/file/5n5TXCoZ#ScjD2YQq2QJqSEvi54rbdi1LU0CEN70ybj1JOzkboto
Screenshot 2: https://mega.nz/file/4rwhAIpT#mG1WD9Wj_hirubb5laAo-fOv0yb42ZRrTlF1GAeD7lc

Thanks in advance, I'm sure it's something really simple but I'm just not sure what. There's only so many options.
Sponsor
kernel-panic69
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2022 13:29    Post subject: Reply with quote
Instead of making it painful and having people download files to view them, you should use an image hosting service or attach the files. That being said, I've posted them to imgbb and linked them for you.

https://ibb.co/3rkzNMJ

https://ibb.co/zGrSQy2

You also did not specify specifically what build number you updated to, but I don't think you need to use the IP range, just the specific IP / MAC address.

DD-WRT Releases 2023 (PolitePol)
DD-WRT Releases 2023 (RSS Everything)

----------------------
Linux User #377467 counter.li.org / linuxcounter.net
the-joker
DD-WRT Developer/Maintainer

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2022 14:11    Post subject: Reply with quote
For my money and what works here 100%, dont leave any section fields blank and use static leases on services tab, else, good luck.
DD-WRT Inspired themes for the SVN Trac & FTP site
Join in for a chat @ #style_it_themes_public:matrix.org or #style_it_themes:discord

DD-WRT UI Themes Bug Reporting and Discussion thread

Router: ANus RT-AC68U E1 (recognized as C1)
Alozaros
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2022 15:27    Post subject: Reply with quote
you didn't mention router model and current firmware number...
but if your router supports it, try to save this line in firewall script (it works on my R7800, R9000 but I'm not using it ATM) Embarassed

iptables -I FORWARD -s 192.168.1.107 -m time --timestart 8:00 --timestop 18:00 --weekdays Mon,Tue,Wed,Thu,Fri,Sat,Sun --kerneltz -j REJECT

replace 192.168.1.107 with local IP you want to limit...as well adjust time and days...

you could also block only the range of IP or just an IP related with this game or app that shi is using

iptables -I FORWARD -d 8.8.8.8 -m time --timestart 8:00 --timestop 18:00 --weekdays Mon,Tue,Wed,Thu,Fri,Sat,Sun --kerneltz -j REJECT

replace destination IP of 8.8.8.8 with those you want to block...in this case internet will be still available but not access to this site or app

you cold even be more specific and add -s and -d in the same line...so no others will be affected by this rule..
p.s. make sure, you give a static lease (IP) to this client you want to block... Razz

TP-Link WR1043NDv2 -Gargoyle OS 1.15.x AP,DNS,QoS,Quotas
Qualcomm-Atheros
Netgear XR500 --DD-WRT 55460 Gateway/DoH,Forced DNS,AP Isolation,4VLAN,Ad-Block,Firewall,Vanilla
Netgear R7800 --DD-WRT 55460 Gateway/DoT,AD-Block,Forced DNS,AP&Net Isolation,x3VLAN,Firewall,Vanilla
Netgear R9000 --DD-WRT 55363 Gateway/DoT,AD-Block,AP Isolation,Firewall,Forced DNS,x2VLAN,Vanilla
Broadcom
Netgear R7000 --DD-WRT 55460 Gateway/SmartDNS/DoH,AD-Block,Firewall,Forced DNS,x3VLAN,VPN
NOT USING 5Ghz ANYWHERE
------------------------------------------------------
Stubby DNS over TLS I DNSCrypt v2 by mac913
the-joker
DD-WRT Developer/Maintainer

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2022 15:42    Post subject: Reply with quote
No need for firewall rules, like I said, just dont leave any empty sections and it should work without any extra anything. There is no other reason why this shouldn't work if feature is available to target whatever that is.

Although I would always recommend to be running the latest dd-wrt build, and following upgrade reset to factory default and reconfigure from scratch.

I have it setup without neglecting any sections and using static IP leases, it works period. The blocked devices do not access WAN at the set times. Any other half baked setup then your mileage may vary.

DD-WRT Inspired themes for the SVN Trac & FTP site
Join in for a chat @ #style_it_themes_public:matrix.org or #style_it_themes:discord

DD-WRT UI Themes Bug Reporting and Discussion thread

Router: ANus RT-AC68U E1 (recognized as C1)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: