Posted: Mon May 30, 2022 10:14 Post subject: New Build - 05/30/2022 - r48996
Welcome to Atheros r48996 beta release thread for reporting, feedback to developers and community benefit.
Please do not flash builds until installation is understood, risks involved and device specificrecovery methods.
Avoid discussions, create threads for questions, general problems or use search; this thread is not for support.
Please list router model & revision, operating & wireless mode(s) and exact filename/firmware image flashed.
Issues, observations, and/or workarounds reported:
• WebUI: Clear history or use a portable. Temporary cache bypass: Ctrl+F5, Cmd+Shift+R or new private window/incognito.
• Please report findings with steps needed to reproduce, configuration, clients, output, logs and important information below!
• Detail issues & relevant configs, logs: syslog klog 'dmesg' 'cat /tmp/var/log/messages' nvram set console_debug=1, serial.
• Firewall NAT: 'iptables -vnL' 'iptables -t nat -vnL' 'iptables -t mangle -vnL' & 'cat /tmp/.ipt'. Misc: stracetcpdumpwireshark.
• Gremlins: reboot. cold boot. Reset & reconfigure not restore backup. Search Trac & discuss in forum before opening tickets.
• Include operating & wireless modes (e.g. Gateway, Router, AP, CB, WDS, Mesh) and applicable configurations to reproduce.
Posted: Mon May 30, 2022 13:26 Post subject: R48996
Netgear Nighthawk X10 R9000
Firmware Version DD-WRT v3.0-r48996 std (05/30/22)
Kernel Version Linux 4.9.316 #631 SMP Sat May 28 00:12:24 +07 2022 armv7l
Current Time Mon, 30 May 2022 07:16:34
Uptime 3 min
GUI over 48971
Issues: upgraded fine
Linksys EA8500... main gateway
DD-WRT v3.0-r48996 std (05/30/22)
Linux 4.9.316 #980 SMP Sat May 28 14:19:25 +07 2022 armv7l
GUI install over r48972
NO good for me ---reboots under bit of wireless load
mostly noticed when traffic on vlan4 wired to TV, wlan1.1 casting to TV via chromecast wlan0.1
vlan4 / wlan0.1 / wlan1.1 all on br1 isolated from main net
she rebooted herself 3 times in 'bout 2.5 hrs
so --> booted back to r48972 ...all good again up ---> 11:56
and NO ain't been reset in long time
Router: TL-WDR3600 v1
Firmware: tl-wdr3600_us-webflash.bin (v3.0-r48996 std)
Kernel: Linux 3.10.108-d11 #108512 Mon May 30 05:17:25 +07 2022 mips
Notes on configuration:
1. 5Ghz wireless light is not on (2.4Ghz light works)
Router: DIR-825 rev B1
Firmware: dir825-firmware.bin (v3.0-r48996 std)
Kernel: Linux 3.10.108-d11 #108510 Mon May 30 04:58:59 +07 2022 mips
Notes on configuration: Used for Wifi Lab (no internet)
Router: Archer-A7 v5
Firmware: tplink_archer-a7-v5.bin (v3.0-r48996 std)
Kernel: Linux 3.18.140-d6 #143968 Mon May 30 07:55:31 +07 2022 mips
Notes on configuration:
Virtual wireless with bridging x2
multiple DHCP server
I've had two unexpected router reboots in the 8 hours I've had this version installed. The reboots are clean and act like I sent the reboot command myself. I am not used to having the router reboot itself. I'm not sure if this is my router or setup, or a problem with the build. _________________ Netgear R9000 X10
DD-WRT v3.0-r51530 std (01/29/23)
Gateway, AP, DNSMasq, Clock 2000MHz
VAP on wlan1 for internet devices
IPv4 & IPv6 (Prefix Delegation)
Static Leases & DHCP
CloudFlare, QoS Disabled, SmartDNS
2.4GHz: VANILLA Firmware, Airtime Fairness Enabled, NG-Mixed, ACK Timing 3150, WPA2 w/AES
5GHz: VANILLA Firmware, Airtime Fairness Enabled, AC/N Mixed, ACK Timing 3150, WPA2 w/AES