New Build - 05/31/2022 - r49028

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
ramblin
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2022 22:36    Post subject: Reply with quote
the-joker wrote:
You could enable via terminal nvram set console_debug=1 && nvram commit and save the logs to usb and hope when it crashes something gets recorded.

Is there a guide somewhere to set that up ? I got mine setup with putty from serial connection to save to a notepad in a folder but the pages fill up fast. I was expecting a reboot at about 2 hrs. as per others but I`m up almost 5 hrs. now with no issues.
Sponsor
kernel-panic69
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2022 23:35    Post subject: Reply with quote
the-joker wrote:
You could enable via terminal nvram set console_debug=1 && nvram commit and save the logs to usb and hope when it crashes something gets recorded.

You should probably also give all the applicable debug commands if you're going to recommend this; but it *will* provide more output than normal serial console or syslog/klog/dmesg.

DD-WRT Releases 2023 (PolitePol)
DD-WRT Releases 2023 (RSS Everything)

----------------------
Linux User #377467 counter.li.org / linuxcounter.net
sumbuddie
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2022 23:54    Post subject: Reply with quote
No good for me either on EA8500 (coming from 05-26-2022-r48971; NO reset).

GUI and Telnet would become inaccessible, although was still able to use the network/access internet on a wired connection - didn't test on WiFi.

Had to recover back to prior partition using power switch.

Have since installed r48972 and all's well so far (Thanks @mrjcd )
mrjcd
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2022 0:27    Post subject: Reply with quote
sumbuddie wrote:
Have since installed r48972 and all's well so far (Thanks @mrjcd )

that should be good'n...it is what I am still running.
Don't know what all BS did but somepin went way screwy after that one Crying or Very sad

AND with my stuff (main router) I can't do all the checking & looking at what all is broken...

He will fix it soon --- always does sooner or later Twisted Evil
MLandi
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2022 2:17    Post subject: Reply with quote
kernel-panic69 wrote:
the-joker wrote:

You should probably also give all the applicable debug commands if you're going to recommend this; but it *will* provide more output than normal serial console or syslog/klog/dmesg.

I added a USB stick, formatted EXT4, mounted as /jffs and added this as my USB startup Script:

logger "################# Invoking USB Script #################"
killall syslogd
syslogd -L -s 8192 -O /jffs/messages
logger "################# USB Script Completed ################"

Think I should add more? (Should I add "set console_debug=1"?

Linux 4.9.337 #715 SMP Mon Mar 25 06:15:53 +07 2024 armv7l
Gateway, AP, DNSMasq, Clock 2000MHz
VAP on wlan1 for internet devices
IPv4 & IPv6 (Prefix Delegation)
Static Leases & DHCP
CloudFlare, no SFE, SmartDNS, no QoS
2.4GHz: Vanilla, Airtime Fairness, NG-Mixed, ACK Timing 3150, WPA2 w/AES & WPA3
5GHz: Vanilla, Airtime Fairness, AC/N Mixed, ACK Timing 3150, WPA2 w/AES & WPA3
2 Netgear AX1800 WiFi Mesh Extenders
Xfinity 1.2Gbps/35Mbps
Gameman Advanced Kid
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2022 2:55    Post subject: Reply with quote
Router Model: Netgear R7800
Firmware Version: DD-WRT v3.0-r49028 std (05/31/22)
Kernel Version: Linux 4.9.316 #984 SMP Tue May 31 04:10:52 +07 2022 armv7l

Reboot: Yes, a factory reset was done AFTER flashing the new build.

Issues: SwitchConfig Causes web interface to be available to wifi side only after trying to tweak switchconfig via the switchconfig page.

Other than that, everything appears to be in working order.

EDIT: I tested mainly the switch config. are we still testing the page out or is it still on the back burner?

barryware wrote:
It takes a "community" to raise a router..

Internet Connection 1
Some Techicolor modem > Linksys WRT3200ACM

Internet connection 2
Ubiquiti Powerbeam Gen 2 > Netgear R9000

Official (but not really) dd-wrt General Discussion element/matrix chat

https://matrix.to/#/#dd-wrt-private-non-offical:matrix.org
the-joker
DD-WRT Developer/Maintainer

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2022 6:45    Post subject: Reply with quote
kernel-panic69 wrote:

Would have been more efficient to actually tell us what all the applicable commands are in your opinion, rather than yet again doing a kp69 special, Posting something that has no real information and adds one more post amongst other things.

Apart from unsettling the value once done, idk what you are on about, this is a hidden setting, doesn't exist in nvram until created and imo shouldnt exist once ppl are done with it.

While the setting is verbose, a serial log actually has more valid information, I doubt this will grab any crash anything, but we will see.

ramblin wrote:
the-joker wrote:

Is there a guide somewhere to set that up ? I got mine setup with putty from serial connection to save to a notepad in a folder but the pages fill up fast. I was expecting a reboot at about 2 hrs. as per others but I`m up almost 5 hrs. now with no issues.

You have a serial log, just grab that if you have a crash a complete serial log with just sensitive info masked out and untrimmed, that shows the initial boot process, what was going on and on until crashing and after the crash and the thing reboots again.

The problem with using console_debug=1 is that when you set debug, more often than not you wont be able to duplicate the issue that happens when debug is off.

DD-WRT Inspired themes for the SVN Trac & FTP site
Join in for a chat @ #style_it_themes_public:matrix.org or #style_it_themes:discord

DD-WRT UI Themes Bug Reporting and Discussion thread

Router: ANus RT-AC68U E1 (recognized as C1)
Alozaros
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2022 7:43    Post subject: Reply with quote
Router Model Netgear R7800
Firmware Version DD-WRT v3.0-r49028 std (05/31/22)
Kernel Version Linux 4.9.316 #984 SMP Tue May 31 04:10:52 +07 2022 armv7l

update: CLI r48996 > r49028
reset: NO
mode: Gateway
errors: Nothing new, yet...

I haven't done reset(as i don't see any gremlins in nvram show yet), router is ok and doesn't reboot...so far...I tested it on heavy WiFi load like few devices i have around streaming and torrenting at the same time, i was monitoring R7800 via SSh/Htop and could see the load was 30-40 % on its dual core CPU... The unit is in student accommodation so it usually see a bit of a heavy loads during the days...but atm not many students around...

uptime
08:17:29 up 23:54, load average: 0.10, 0.07, 0.03

so, nearly 24h without reboot...
to narrow it down if there are complains regarding WiFi operation we must expose / compare settings used...i guess..

so, far nothing in the logs or dmesg...
im using Visual Syslog server(free) on a local system..

regarding USB syslog...my experience on this subject is

(save to USB script)

killall syslogd
syslogd -L -s 8192 -O /opt/var/log/messages

this command will dump syslog but first boot messages will be missing.. due to usb coming up a bit later...

to be able to cap those(thanks to ho1Aetoo)

(save to USB script)

if [ ! -L /tmp/var/log/messages ]; then cat /tmp/var/log/messages >> /opt/messages/messages; fi
killall syslogd
syslogd -Z -L -s 2048 -O /opt/messages
ln -sf /opt/messages/messages /tmp/var/log/messages

but those lines cap the log in very time messy order...due to usb timing again...the good side is, all its there...

so, the best syslog cap is still the good old local (LAN) syslog Wink

TP-Link WR1043NDv2 -Gargoyle OS 1.15.x AP,DNS,QoS,Quotas
Qualcomm-Atheros
Netgear XR500 --DD-WRT 55460 Gateway/DoH,Forced DNS,AP Isolation,4VLAN,Ad-Block,Firewall,Vanilla
Netgear R7800 --DD-WRT 55460 Gateway/DoT,AD-Block,Forced DNS,AP&Net Isolation,x3VLAN,Firewall,Vanilla
Netgear R9000 --DD-WRT 55363 Gateway/DoT,AD-Block,AP Isolation,Firewall,Forced DNS,x2VLAN,Vanilla
Broadcom
Netgear R7000 --DD-WRT 55460 Gateway/SmartDNS/DoH,AD-Block,Firewall,Forced DNS,x3VLAN,VPN
NOT USING 5Ghz ANYWHERE
------------------------------------------------------
Stubby DNS over TLS I DNSCrypt v2 by mac913
the-joker

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2022 7:51    Post subject: Reply with quote
Some reverts to recent airtime fairness has been done, idk if related to crashes/reboots. BS still doing tests.

But many other changes to QCA chipsets still live, the drivers had a shit load of work done to them. Im not going to sift through the commits and post them, you guys are free to go do this yourselves, sorry. Have bigger issues to deal with.

Join in for a chat @ #style_it_themes_public:matrix.org or #style_it_themes:discord

Zyxx
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2022 8:23    Post subject: Reply with quote
Router/Version: Netgear R7800
File: dd-wrt-webupgrade.bin
Firmware: DD-WRT v3.0-r49028 std (05/31/22) (prev. DD-WRT v3.0-r48954 std (05/23/22))
Kernel: Linux 4.9.316 #984 SMP Tue May 31 04:10:52 +07 2022 armv7l
Mode: Gateway, SFE disabled, 2.4G and 5G wifi, Wireguard for external access, WAN to 4G (DHCP Client), Keep Alive reboot 6:02 in the morning
Reset: No
Status: installed yesterday, ok. Was alerted due to reports here: nothing to report. My devices are working, no reboot on this 7800. On the other hand there wasn't much traffic. Only ~3GByte down, ~0.5GByte up. Will report if anything unusual happens / is in log file.
Alozaros
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2022 8:29    Post subject: Reply with quote
the-joker wrote:
Some reverts to recent airtime fairness has been done, idk if related to crashes/reboots. BS still doing tests.

But many other changes to QCA chipsets still live, the drivers had a shit load of work done to them. Im not going to sift through the commits and post them, you guys are free to go do this yourselves, sorry. Have bigger issues to deal with.

yes im not using airtime fairness, as well i stick to some kind of standard WiFi set up regarding to Atheros recommendation...
and yep i had a very bad covid..(finally)..
so, i'm dug with office work, that i need to catch up and didn't have anytime to look at the svn recently...at all
but i can expose(pdf) my wifi set up if needed...im sure BS will hunt the bug down and i could see the new Ath10k (49033) ...that may ring the bells too... Cool

TP-Link WR1043NDv2 -Gargoyle OS 1.15.x AP,DNS,QoS,Quotas
Qualcomm-Atheros
Netgear XR500 --DD-WRT 55460 Gateway/DoH,Forced DNS,AP Isolation,4VLAN,Ad-Block,Firewall,Vanilla
Netgear R7800 --DD-WRT 55460 Gateway/DoT,AD-Block,Forced DNS,AP&Net Isolation,x3VLAN,Firewall,Vanilla
Netgear R9000 --DD-WRT 55363 Gateway/DoT,AD-Block,AP Isolation,Firewall,Forced DNS,x2VLAN,Vanilla
Broadcom
Netgear R7000 --DD-WRT 55460 Gateway/SmartDNS/DoH,AD-Block,Firewall,Forced DNS,x3VLAN,VPN
NOT USING 5Ghz ANYWHERE
------------------------------------------------------
Stubby DNS over TLS I DNSCrypt v2 by mac913
mrjcd
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2022 8:37    Post subject: Reply with quote
Airtime Policy
and
Airtime Fairness
have been disabled for both radios on the EA8500 for long time...ain't never had a use for niether the way they was working when 1st tried long ago.

good news is WNDR3700v4 working great as always without a blip.
Its radios are turned off. Connected to its ovpn server few times and copy to/from its samba fairly regular and all is good.

However--whatever the BrainSlayer did is most likey ath10k related... Rolling Eyes
ArjenR49
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2022 9:09    Post subject: Re: New Build - 05/31/2022 - r49028 Reply with quote
blkt wrote:
[b]Welcome to Atheros r49028 beta release

This build appears to have been pulled.
the-joker

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2022 10:56    Post subject: Reply with quote
Yes, build was removed.

kernel-panic69
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2022 11:17    Post subject: Reply with quote
the-joker wrote:
kernel-panic69 wrote:

Would have been more efficient to actually tell us what all the applicable commands are in your opinion, rather than yet again doing a kp69 special, Posting something that has no real information and adds one more post amongst other things.

Apart from unsettling the value once done, idk what you are on about, this is a hidden setting, doesn't exist in nvram until created and imo shouldnt exist once ppl are done with it.

While the setting is verbose, a serial log actually has more valid information, I doubt this will grab any crash anything, but we will see.

The commands are in the source code, sir Developer/Maintainer.

DD-WRT Releases 2023 (PolitePol)
DD-WRT Releases 2023 (RSS Everything)

----------------------
Linux User #377467 counter.li.org / linuxcounter.net
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 3 of 5
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: