[SOLVED] Do vlans even work on Linksys WRT1900AC v1

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Marvell MVEBU based Hardware (WRT1900AC etc.)
ZombiEd
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2022 18:30    Post subject: [SOLVED] Do vlans even work on Linksys WRT1900AC v1 Reply with quote
After several days of hammering on this problem I finally resolved it and have integrated my WRT1900AC rev1 to my existing network as a second AP with a primary network and a separate vlan for my IoT devices.

Several things are important:

1. Understand the relationship of the LAN ports with eth0 and eth1 and the switch
2. Understand why the default switch config in the GUI with VLAN0 and VLAN1 doesn't work
3. Since I'm only connecting a single trunked line the command: "swconfig dev switch0 set reset 1" was not really needed and caused me more problems.

---------

Even after reading the forums I’m still having problem getting vlans running on a Linksys WRT1900AC v1 running DD-WRT v3.0-r48886 std (05/16/22).

I’m trying to integrate the Linksys into my existing home network that uses an Edgerouter X (DHCP server) and one Unifi AP (home devices on one subnet and IoT devices on a separate subnet (vlan7).

The goal is to use the Linksys to extend my network to cover the garage where the network is weak and devices go offline regularly.

The Linksys is set up as an AP and is connected to the Edgerouter with a single ethernet cable in port 4 (Port 0) with a fixed IP on my main network 192.168.3.x

Below is the result of swconfig dev switch0 show
Code:

Global attributes:
        enable_vlan: 0
Port 0:
        mask: 0x002e: (0) 1 2 3 5
        qmode: 0
        pvid: 0
        link: port:0 link:up speed:1000baseT full-duplex
Port 1:
        mask: 0x002d: 0 (1) 2 3 5
        link: port:1 link:down
Port 2:
        mask: 0x002b: 0 1 (2) 3 5
        link: port:2 link:down
Port 3:
        mask: 0x0027: 0 1 2 (3) 5
        link: port:3 link:down
Port 4:
        mask: 0x0040: (4) 6
        link: port:4 link:down
Port 5:
        mask: 0x000f: 0 1 2 3 (5)
        link: port:5 link:up speed:1000baseT full-duplex
Port 6:
        mask: 0x0010: 4 (6)
        link: port:6 link:up speed:1000baseT full-duplex

Below is the code I’m trying to run from the command line using WiFi.

My problem is the swconfig commands don’t seem to work. Two problem, first the ifconfig vlan 7 up fails with the error that no device is found. Then after a minute or two I loose access to the router and must reboot it.

I don’t know if I’m using the correct build or if there is something I’m not doing.

Also if I try and use the GUI to create vlan7 not only do I loose access when I do the apply, but I must reset the router to regain access.

From what I've read here in the forums, I'm curious if anyone has gotten this to work on a Linksys WRT1900AC v1?

If you have, I would certainly appreciate whatever help your are willing to give.
Code:

swconfig dev switch0 set reset 1
swconfig dev switch0 set enable_vlan 1
swconfig dev switch0 vlan 1 set ports "6 0t 1 2 3"
swconfig dev switch0 vlan 2 set ports "5 4"
swconfig dev switch0 vlan 7 set ports "6t 0t"
swconfig dev switch0 set apply

vconfig set_name_type VLAN_PLUS_VID_NO_PAD

vconfig add eth1 7

ifconfig vlan 7 up
brctl addif br7 vlan 7
Sponsor
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Marvell MVEBU based Hardware (WRT1900AC etc.) All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: