DIR-825b2, flashing Wifi-LEDs w/o traffic

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2
the-joker
DD-WRT Developer/Maintainer

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2022 14:03    Post subject: Reply with quote
So lets give this one more try since it seems there is no understanding on what is what.

Just because a device is seemingly idle to you, and because your only definition of network traffic must be only upload/download traffic, I have news for you and they are not good.

You should understand that network traffic is not limited to just link activity on upload/download, we have tried to explain to you there is always some traffic going on and you dont seem to want to accept this fact, networks broadcast packets of all types and this is not restricted to WiFi/WLAN because LAN is also the same and some networks are better than others. There are issues like Broadcast storms but its not to say thats what is going on, its just an example I used to show an extreme..

You can simply refuse to accept this and you should and get a packet sniffer and see whats going on yourself and the you will know for yourself what is actually going on with your network. I advise this, because sometimes could be one device is broadcasting data that it shouldn't, I dont know what devices you have on your network, of if they are phoning home, or been hacked or what, could be many reasons besides beacons, so you SHOULD investigate with a packet sniffer, not just because of this, but always.

Now, having said this, you must understand another fact of DD-WRT vs 3rd party components, of which the Atheros drivers (in your case but all drivers are external projects) are one of such and are NOT maintained solely by DD-WRT, I mean Im sure BS adds his own patches, but where LEDS are concerned I doubt it very much since its like minus one million on his priority list.

So, if the recent driver updates have changed the sensitivity of the LEDS to this always ongoing traffic by design or by mistake, your guess is as good as mine.

Because drivers and such are 3rd party projects you should go investigate this where they are developed and check if there are any such issues being reported. If so add your noise there. It will help the issue get fixed, while reporting here.... not so much.

Reporting it here, is like reporting it into a black hole, especially where LEDS lights are concerned because BS is not interested in lights and I'm guessing hes not going to report that issue for you on the drivers repo, I wouldn't waste my precious time on reporting these issues to any other 4rd party project, this is a job for users who are peeved enough to do it..

WE get it, it use to work as you expected and now it doesn't, and so, if the LEDs are more important to you than the rest, you have several decisions to make. Clearly they are because you half keep going on and on and its really not helping you get this resolved faster if at all, you are making noise in wrong place, but I already explained where right place is.

SO I hope now you have a better understanding of the whole process and how networks really work. You should by all means research all of this yourself and not just take my word for it.

Thank you for understanding.

DD-WRT Inspired themes for the SVN Trac & FTP site
Join in for a chat @ #style_it_themes_public:matrix.org or #style_it_themes:discord

DD-WRT UI Themes Bug Reporting and Discussion thread

Router: ANus RT-AC68U E1 (recognized as C1)
Sponsor
Goto page Previous  1, 2 Display posts from previous:    Page 2 of 2
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: