Linksys EA6900 gpio

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
prdufresne
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2022 20:50    Post subject: Linksys EA6900 gpio Reply with quote
Has anyone had any success mapping the gpio used by the Linksys EA6900 (v1.1)?

I'm was hoping to setup the script to light the logo when the wifi is connected (I'm using it as a bridge), but I couldn't find any documentation on the gpio with this unit.

I did find that running `gpio disable 6` turned on the LED and `gpio enable 6` turned it off again (I know, seems backwards), so I started wondering if I was really activating WPS rather than manipulating the LED directly.

Anyone have any insights?

DD-WRT Developer/Maintainer

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2022 9:05    Post subject: Reply with quote
Some gpios have reversed polarity, so disabling the gpio, enables the target, and enabling the gpio disables the target.

As long as you are targeting the correct gpio then nothing unusual about this reversed logic due to the reversed polarity.

Not all gpios have reversed polarity, depends greatly on the HW revision of device, some revisions behave one way while other revision behaves differently or even the same, it varies on how much the new HW revision differs or not, if this way of putting it makes sense to you.

DD-WRT Inspired themes for the SVN Trac & FTP site
Join in for a chat @ #style_it_themes_public:matrix.org or #style_it_themes:discord

DD-WRT UI Themes Bug Reporting and Discussion thread

Router: ANus RT-AC68U E1 (recognized as C1)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: