WRH54G can't Flash Beta Firmware

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
ponching27
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2022 4:36    Post subject: WRH54G can't Flash Beta Firmware Reply with quote
Hello, i am trying to flash the latest build for WRH54G with this
https://download1.dd-wrt.com/dd-wrtv2/downloads/betas/2022/05-03-2022-r48786/broadcom/
https://imgur.com/OtPj0rh
but every time i flash it nothing happen and i cant enter the web gui. i waited for 30 mins but every single of this build is not working(see the attachment).I do hard reset 30/30/30 before and after i install the latest build and i use TFTP and Web Gui to flash it. the only one works is the old build (DD-WRT v24-sp2 ((08/12/10) micro - build 4929 ).
https://imgur.com/JOGOvGT

i am trying to flash new version because of the router kick my device and can't enter again then i need to restart the router to login back, it happens when my device is idle.. hopes anyone can help me.. thank you

ddwrt.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  3.94 KB
 Viewed:  1898 Time(s)

ddwrt.png

Sponsor
kernel-panic69
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2022 15:11    Post subject: Reply with quote
https://forum.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Linksys_WRH54G
Quote:
Always use special firmware built for WRH54G only, even for later GUI upgrades.

In other words, only use the files with WRH54G in the filename, nothing else. For flashing via webUI, I would suggest using Firefox ESR portable or Pale Moon portable. You can alternatively try TFTP or flashing via telnet/ssh.

DD-WRT Releases 2023 (PolitePol)
DD-WRT Releases 2023 (RSS Everything)

----------------------
Linux User #377467 counter.li.org / linuxcounter.net
KACTET
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2022 19:12    Post subject: broken file Reply with quote
Hello. I have a WRT54GL v1.1 router with firmware, I also have a problem, but not the same as yours. Upgrading from r48646 to r48786. Everything is loading well, but the menu says version r48494 (03/15/22) and no more. I have already flashed webUI (Firefox ESR portable) and TFTP in different ways. The result is the same. I can’t say for sure with what firmware it started, my hands don’t reach. I updated from this version r48425. Most likely the new version has not been uploaded to the site or something else Confused
ponching27
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2022 22:58    Post subject: Reply with quote
kernel-panic69 wrote:
https://forum.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Linksys_WRH54G
Quote:
Always use special firmware built for WRH54G only, even for later GUI upgrades.

In other words, only use the files with WRH54G in the filename, nothing else. For flashing via webUI, I would suggest using Firefox ESR portable or Pale Moon portable. You can alternatively try TFTP or flashing via telnet/ssh.

yes i tried all with WRH54G build but nothing is working. the onlt working is the micro 2010 build. thanks for responding
kernel-panic69
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2022 0:55    Post subject: Reply with quote
@ponching27: A serial log would probably help us know what's going wrong. I do not know if the developer even has your device in his possession for testing currently. I would try without doing any resets of any kind until *after* you have flashed a current build, and I wouldn't do a 30/30/30. I would recommend ~10 seconds via reset button or via webUI (Administration -> Factory Defaults) or via telnet/ssh: 'nvram erase && reboot'. The best thing to try is flashing via command line (telnet/ssh), since that will let us know exactly what is happening.

@KACTET: hijacking this thread with your issue after you've reported it twice isn't productive. Would help if you tried to re-flash via CLI or TFTP with serial console adapter attached to see if there is a firmware size issue or not.

I will contact BrainSlayer about both issues.

DD-WRT Releases 2023 (PolitePol)
DD-WRT Releases 2023 (RSS Everything)

----------------------
Linux User #377467 counter.li.org / linuxcounter.net
BrainSlayer
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2022 3:54    Post subject: Reply with quote
the WRH files can only be flashed with tftp, from what i see here. it seems that i missed to include a web flashable file

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2022 4:00    Post subject: Reply with quote
try the attached file

dd-wrt.v24_micro_WRH54G_webflash.bin
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  dd-wrt.v24_micro_WRH54G_webflash.bin
 Filesize:  1.63 MB
 Downloaded:  103 Time(s)

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2022 9:14    Post subject: Reply with quote
kernel-panic69 wrote:
@ponching27: A serial log would probably help us know what's going wrong. I do not know if the developer even has your device in his possession for testing currently. I would try without doing any resets of any kind until *after* you have flashed a current build, and I wouldn't do a 30/30/30. I would recommend ~10 seconds via reset button or via webUI (Administration -> Factory Defaults) or via telnet/ssh: 'nvram erase && reboot'. The best thing to try is flashing via command line (telnet/ssh), since that will let us know exactly what is happening.

@KACTET: hijacking this thread with your issue after you've reported it twice isn't productive. Would help if you tried to re-flash via CLI or TFTP with serial console adapter attached to see if there is a firmware size issue or not.

i think flashing using telnet/ssh are complicated to me. i read the installation guide and make my head ache..
KACTET
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2022 9:14    Post subject: Reply with quote
Quote:

Thanks for your reply, you are kind Embarassed

I'd love to flash with a consular adapter, but I don't have one:roll:
I just tried all the firmware from r48810 to r48494. All are of the same type and have the same firmware version, that is, r48494.
Starting from r48432 and going down, the versions correspond to the numbers Shocked
ponching27
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2022 9:17    Post subject: Reply with quote
BrainSlayer wrote:
try the attached file

i tried this but sadly i dont get the result we want.. the upgrade never stop for 1 hour so i decided to stop the upgrade. after that i get blinking power lights. i dont know if i do something wrong then i reset it 10secs. i type the 192.168.1.1 then i see upgrade firmware and still the same.. thank you for your time sir..
florinv
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2022 11:47    Post subject: Reply with quote
I have same issue with wrt54gl
Tried from command line as well
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: