QoS not working on WRT3200acm

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Marvell MVEBU based Hardware (WRT1900AC etc.)
Bb2
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2022 17:08    Post subject: QoS not working on WRT3200acm Reply with quote
Hi!

I am having issues with my WRT3200acm (dd-wrt v3.0-r48741) while enabling QoS. The main reason i want to enable that feature is for limiting bandwidth on my newly created guest network (wlan 1.1, 2.4 Ghz, unbridged).For this purpose,i use multiple dhcpd.

Everything was working fine (including guest network) until the qos feature was turned on, regardless of the Uplink/Downlink limits and WAN-LAN/WLAN settings entered. Checking on many posts on this forum, I also set the Packet Scheduler to HFSC and Queuing Discipline to FQ_CODEL. I was initialy planning to use interface priority to set a maximum speed of 10mbps downlink and 2mbps uplink on the guest network.

That said, even just by enabling qos with proper link limits, without even creating a new interface priority, all my wireless devices lost internet connection, on both my 2 main wifi networks (2,4Ghz and 5Ghz, bridged) and on the guest network. Turning off qos made all my devices on all networks able to connect to internet back on.

I am wondering what i am missing here as i have some networking knowlege (not a pro tough 😅) and been using dd-wrt for several years. Maybe is there an other way around to acheive this? I know a very little about linux commands/scripts but i can try some if it is not too fancy.

Any help with this will be much appreciated!
Thanks
Sponsor
native_tx
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2022 15:41    Post subject: Reply with quote
Perhaps show an image of your qos settings?

The experienced I had with this particular version was a problem with SFQ, while throttling the outbound connection on 2200kbps manually setup I was experiencing packet loss, with no way to control it using other additional settings it just didn't work, the solution was to use make as little effort to give a bit more bandwidth but packet loss would still occur.

I noticed you used the term "mbps" you do mean you set "10000kbps/2024kbps" right?

regards
Bb2
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2022 16:55    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thank you fo your reply.

I joined a picture of my very basic settings of QoS. Even with those applied, it makes my router bootloop. Here's some complementary informations about my setup as well:

My dd-wrt router (WAN) is cascaded behind my ISP router (LAN) with a cable.

Speed test on my dd-wrt router: 360 Mbps Down, 300 Mbps up.

Thanks
the-joker
DD-WRT Developer/Maintainer

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2022 18:56    Post subject: Reply with quote
Unrelated but I find odd the way the help menu looks on your screenshot, huge font sizes, that doesn't compute with how its suppose to look on any browser I have tested.

Since Im the person dealing with the UI that is quite concerning and shouldn't happen under any normal circumstances.

DD-WRT Inspired themes for the SVN Trac & FTP site
Join in for a chat @ #style_it_themes_public:matrix.org or #style_it_themes:discord

DD-WRT UI Themes Bug Reporting and Discussion thread

Router: ANus RT-AC68U E1 (recognized as C1)
native_tx
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2022 6:05    Post subject: Reply with quote
The cascading routers will only make this config difficult to work properly, qos needs to handle all bandwidth coming through the wan port in order for qos to work, having a double nat might work but your router needs to be in front of your network to ensure proper bandwidth handling.

Is there a way for the device that is in front of your Linksys to be put into bridge mode?

Could you check to see if by replacing the the config to wan from lan-wlan setting, the save and apply settings? I don't know if will keep your router from looping? It is worth a try since this setting doesn't work properly AFAIK in some builds.

regards
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Marvell MVEBU based Hardware (WRT1900AC etc.) All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: