No Internet with WLAN or LAN after install

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Marvell MVEBU based Hardware (WRT1900AC etc.)
sidetracked_owl
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2022 23:27    Post subject: No Internet with WLAN or LAN after install Reply with quote
Hello,

I have a WRT-1900AC v2 router and I was able to flash an older build of DD-WRT onto my router (since I needed to start with a file under 32MB) and everything booted up okay. However, I cannot get the internet to work once I am on DD-WRT, either over the Wireless or Ethernet. If I plug the Ethernet straight into my computer from my ISP modem, the internet works, but if I send it through the DD-WRT router even then I have nothing. Any thoughts? I would love to get this up and running and install my VPN on to it.

Thanks in advance for any assistance!
Sponsor
kernel-panic69
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2022 1:47    Post subject: Reply with quote
Is your ISP router's LAN IP address 192.168.1.1? If so, one of the two routers' LAN IP address has to change to a different subnet (i.e. 192.168.2.1)......
DD-WRT Releases 2023 (PolitePol)
DD-WRT Releases 2023 (RSS Everything)

----------------------
Linux User #377467 counter.li.org / linuxcounter.net
Monza
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2022 2:14    Post subject: Reply with quote
Reboot both the modem and the router. Some modems need to renegotiate the connection when router firmware changes from a really old version or new provider.

Once the two are rebooted you may have access to the internet via the router. Something to try =)
sidetracked_owl
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2022 2:49    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thank you both for the suggestions!

@kernel-panic69 I should have mentioned, I did read about that and try that -- I put 192.168.3.1 -- do you think 192.168.2.1 would have any different effect?

@Monza I did not try that! I will give rebooting both a try and let you know if that helps!
kernel-panic69
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2022 19:46    Post subject: Reply with quote
Shouldn't need to change from 192.168.3.1 as long as you're in the default configuration with WAN in auto DHCP mode. Sounds like the ISP router may require a reboot, or rather a power cycle. Disconnect ethernet going between the two, power down for up to 5 minutes, power up. Only thing you really *should* have to do on DD-WRT is renew WAN via status page, but it may help to reboot it.
DD-WRT Releases 2023 (PolitePol)
DD-WRT Releases 2023 (RSS Everything)

----------------------
Linux User #377467 counter.li.org / linuxcounter.net
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Marvell MVEBU based Hardware (WRT1900AC etc.) All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: